Home

Help. My new 4K TV on Next Gen makes Bulls red look like sh**

This is a discussion on Help. My new 4K TV on Next Gen makes Bulls red look like sh** within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2021, 09:47 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Help. My new 4K TV on Next Gen makes Bulls red look like sh**

Got a new 4K TV to play Next Gen on my XBox Series S. It’s a Hisense 43AGC 43”. I was going to get a Toshiba 1080P but this 4K entry level was the same price.

I was using an old 2006 720P TV before and believe it or not the colors actually looked very accurate and the reds were deep and rich. But other than that the graphics and immersion naturally don’t compare to the 4K.

I’ve tweaked every setting imaginable on both Xbox and the TV. I’m in game mode, turned color up to 65 because it’s way too pale on this pale game otherwise, made the hue warm, and the Bulls red still looked like an almost pink salmon color. So I turned tint up to G1 and it’s not so pink, but now more of a red/burnt orange hue. Definitely not that deep dark Bulls rich red.

I booted up my old 2K20 Mobile on iPhone and the Bulls red looked so rich I cringed when I looked back at my 2K21 next gen console Bulls red (which again looks like an orange pink hybrid). Imagine that.

Really sucks as of course the two teams I care about are the Bulls and Lakers with my all time edited rosters. Both are the colors screwed up on next gen.

Any other tricks I can do? I messed with standard/RGB PC on XBox settings, turned off and on HDR, tried 4K vs 1080 (I don’t know why but 4K made a world of difference even though the Series S doesn’t support full 4K), everything. Does this TV just happen to suck in representing one damn color, being the only one that matters to me? Other colors and games look great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2021, 09:51 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Help. My new 4K TV on Next Gen makes Bulls red look like sh**

Not sure how to post a photo here.

Oh and the CLASSIC Bulls jerseys look horrendous. Bright salmon / pink. The current jerseys are the only ones even remotely passable. Actually the current home jerseys look good. The problem exists with the away reds.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:46 PM   #3
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I have an HiSense TV too. I wish that that I could help, but there are a lot settings that can affect the colors. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking "dynamic color" could be the problem; however, it's hard to "fix" colors without dang near messing with every sliders available.
Old 07-19-2021, 06:52 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I have an HiSense TV too. I wish that that I could help, but there are a lot settings that can affect the colors. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking "dynamic color" could be the problem; however, it's hard to "fix" colors without dang near messing with every sliders available.
What sucks is otherwise the game looks damn near real life. It’s just those two colors! Which happen to be the the only ones that really matter to me lmao.

Where do I find the “dynamic color” setting? I’m sure if it’s in there I already tried but can’t hurt to try again.

I also kept it at 8 bit color range on the XBox as I was told that’s best for gaming. Maybe I’ll try to mess with that again.

Hi sense also has an option to tweak individual colors but I can’t imagine that being effective in a positive way at all. Especially since the reds all look good except for the Bulls away jerseys during games.

Last edited by AIRJ23; 07-19-2021 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:24 PM   #5
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
What sucks is otherwise the game looks damn near real life. It’s just those two colors! Which happen to be the the only ones that really matter to me lmao.

Where do I find the “dynamic color” setting? I’m sure if it’s in there I already tried but can’t hurt to try again.

I also kept it at 8 bit color range on the XBox as I was told that’s best for gaming. Maybe I’ll try to mess with that again.

Hi sense also has an option to tweak individual colors but I can’t imagine that being effective in a positive way at all. Especially since the reds all look good except for the Bulls away jerseys during games.
Ironically, I was messing with the picture settings the other day while outside the NBA 2K20 REC. Those sliders might work, because I was trying to create a "realistic" look without vibrant colors. I kinda like my colors dull. I don't remember which slider I was messing with, but it definitely made the red noticeably different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2021, 07:45 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Ironically, I was messing with the picture settings the other day while outside the NBA 2K20 REC. Those sliders might work, because I was trying to create a "realistic" look without vibrant colors. I kinda like my colors dull. I don't remember which slider I was messing with, but it definitely made the red noticeably different.
Interesting. I was good with the slightly dull red but then it started to look salmon colored to me and I couldn’t get that out of my head when I was playing. So I turned the tint up 1 point, which took care of the salmon, but introduced a sort of orange hue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »