Home

No endorsement incentives during MyCareer playoffs in Next gen

This is a discussion on No endorsement incentives during MyCareer playoffs in Next gen within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2021, 12:23 AM   #1
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
No endorsement incentives during MyCareer playoffs in Next gen

This sucks. Already we're getting very little VC per game and not being able to do any of the incentives during the playoffs is terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2021, 09:16 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: No endorsement incentives during MyCareer playoffs in Next gen

I have always been a big offline MyCareer player. But, the offline portion has regressed since 2k18. Since 2k18, all the stories essentially ends once you get to the NBA. And last few years, you can basically skip the whole story if you choose to go straight to the NBA. If you're talking offline only, it's all about the grind. It's literally just practice, play games, and repeat. Once you get to the point where you max badges, it's just playing games and grinding to get MyPoints. I went through a whole season and early portion of 2nd season and only got 4 phone messages.

My main gripe this year is how I couldn't unlock the Trade Influence/FA perk and Rotations. I never really cared about getting to 99 OVR. I always grinded to the point where I could unlock the Trade/FA Influence and Rotation. That usually made the grind worth it because I would then more control of the mode. I literally played every game of rookie season(mostly at 5 minute quarters) and didn't unlock it. I don't want a stacked Superstar team, I just want a better supporting cast. One positive since 2k18 is that teammates are a little better. It's not like pre-2k18 where you had to average 40+ to win on HOF. But, still it's to a point where you likely only have 1 teammate you can occasionally rely on.

I enjoyed it, but if I could go back, I would've done a offline MyNBA Player Lock or just passed on 2k21 in general. This was the closest I ever gotten to 99 OVR. I'm halfway between 94 and 95, and I'm not sure I will grind it out to 95. I'm likely to skip on MyCareer next year unless there are major changes. I'm doing Player Lock from the start
Old 06-08-2021, 03:19 AM   #3
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I have always been a big offline MyCareer player. But, the offline portion has regressed since 2k18. Since 2k18, all the stories essentially ends once you get to the NBA. And last few years, you can basically skip the whole story if you choose to go straight to the NBA. If you're talking offline only, it's all about the grind. It's literally just practice, play games, and repeat. Once you get to the point where you max badges, it's just playing games and grinding to get MyPoints. I went through a whole season and early portion of 2nd season and only got 4 phone messages.

My main gripe this year is how I couldn't unlock the Trade Influence/FA perk and Rotations. I never really cared about getting to 99 OVR. I always grinded to the point where I could unlock the Trade/FA Influence and Rotation. That usually made the grind worth it because I would then more control of the mode. I literally played every game of rookie season(mostly at 5 minute quarters) and didn't unlock it. I don't want a stacked Superstar team, I just want a better supporting cast. One positive since 2k18 is that teammates are a little better. It's not like pre-2k18 where you had to average 40+ to win on HOF. But, still it's to a point where you likely only have 1 teammate you can occasionally rely on.

I enjoyed it, but if I could go back, I would've done a offline MyNBA Player Lock or just passed on 2k21 in general. This was the closest I ever gotten to 99 OVR. I'm halfway between 94 and 95, and I'm not sure I will grind it out to 95. I'm likely to skip on MyCareer next year unless there are major changes. I'm doing Player Lock from the start
I unlocked trade/FA influence playing on pro around the point where I reached 80 OVR. It's pretty limited though you can only pick like 3 FA to sign. Unfortunately I don't think we can influence rotations this year which sucks since I hate whenever the CPU sets rotations and even when you could influence rotations in previous 2Ks they would somehow reset and go back to the old one.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:19 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I unlocked trade/FA influence playing on pro around the point where I reached 80 OVR. It's pretty limited though you can only pick like 3 FA to sign. Unfortunately I don't think we can influence rotations this year which sucks since I hate whenever the CPU sets rotations and even when you could influence rotations in previous 2Ks they would somehow reset and go back to the old one.
My main was trades. I always like the generated players in MyCareer. The rookies always have a high rated skill that helps them perform better. When it comes to teammates in MyCareer, I find that having Gold or Better Badges or specific 90+ skill is important.

I did read that occasionally some of the files would glitch. It sucks because that would make the mode more enjoyable if I can make some moves
Old 07-21-2021, 10:36 PM   #5
Rookie

Instead of MyCareer, they should call it MyRookieSeason, because after that first year, there is no story at all. You finally get to be a big time NBA star, maybe win MVP your rookie year, but you can't really influence other players to come to your team, or do interesting stuff in the off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »