Home

Offline Franchise: MyNBA (next-gen console) vs myLEAGUE (PC)

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise: MyNBA (next-gen console) vs myLEAGUE (PC) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-22-2021, 09:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Offline Franchise Retro Rosters, Jerseys and Courts: Console vs PC

I'm trying to determine what the differences are between MyNBA on PS5 and MyLEAGUE on PC, as I'm not sure which platform I should buy. I'm aware of the differences between the modes, but am unsure of the advantages the PC offers in terms of customization (rosters, courts, etc).

In my case, I am ONLY concerned about the OFFLINE single player mode. I'll be using retro rosters from the 1990s to start the mode, and then using accurate draft classes to progress through each season, up to the current season.

I know that PC is not getting next-gen (myNBA) again for 2k22, but other than the mode itself, what differences are there between PS5 and PC in terms of customizations?

I believe (from what I've seen in videos) that on PC the player pictures (headshots/portraits) can be a real photo of the player (not computer generated), and it's possible to create more detailed courts (such as the 1996-2003 Rockets) on PC because more areas of the court can be edited.

Are there any other differences between offline last-gen MyLEAGUE on PC and next-gen MyNBA on PS5? Again, I'm coming at this with the goal of "recreating" past seasons/teams, and will be playing the mode entirely offline whether it's on console or PC.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read through this and for any information or recommendations!

Last edited by irishrunner16; 07-22-2021 at 11:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2021, 10:12 PM   #2
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Offline Franchise: MyNBA (next-gen console) vs myLEAGUE (PC)

PC has the tools to create real retro rosters but the PC roster community is dead for the most part so unless youre going to make it yourself, console would be the better choice for rosters in general.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:45 PM   #3
Pro

Lagoa's Arena

OVR: 3

So, about options within MyLeague or MyNBA, I played 2K20 on PC and went to Xbox Series X in 2K21, they are very similar in terms of options.

The big difference for me is in gameplay and graphics.

Yes, on PC you can edit and create everything, courts, players (if you are a MODDER) otherwise you can use everything created by the community. IMO, next gen graphic its a huge upgrade compared to old gen, especially in lighting. Ok, old gen have lighting mods, but man, not work like next gen...

On consoles it is also possible to create quads and uniforms, despite having lower quality and having much less editing options (compared to MODS).

I think NBA 2K22 will have few supporters and this will decrease the MODS available to it. (This has happened quite a bit on PC 2K21)

FOR ME, to created old seasons, 2K22 next gen its the best option...

You have less options on creation, yes, but you not need be a modder to create 100% of your old season, itīs simple and you be on the next gen graphics and gameplay.

Hope u understand my bad english....
Old 07-23-2021, 01:36 PM   #4
Rookie

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0
Offline Franchise: MyNBA (next-gen console) vs myLEAGUE (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da InFaMoUs NY
PC has the tools to create real retro rosters but the PC roster community is dead for the most part so unless youre going to make it yourself, console would be the better choice for rosters in general.

Im considering switching to PC in part because it seems to me that roster creation is WAAAAAY easier on PC (like, there are community-made tools for typing in Attribute/Tendency/etc. values instead of on console where you have to push the right stick until you get to the correct number). Is my perception correct here? Or is it just as tedious to input Attributes/Tendencies/etc. on PC as it is on console?

Also, do you (or does anyone) know why there is no real modding of the mechanics of the game (whether on-court or off-court)? All the cyberfaces, courts, jerseys, etc. are cool, but why arenít there mods for simple things like making it so you can see the GM in the Staff menu in MyLeague? Or applying a filter to the type of social media you see in the feed (like turning off the G-League call-up/call-down notifications)? Or adding a Sign & Trade option? You look at a game like Skyrim, and while half the mods are cosmetic, there are a ton of mods that add to or improve the fundamental things you can do in the game. Is it that 2k is programmed in such a way that anything beyond cosmetics is effectively unmoddable? Or is the mod community just very fixated on visuals over game mechanics?

Thanks

For my 2k21 Switch roster, click here.
Old 07-23-2021, 03:01 PM   #5
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

If you want to recreate past seasons, play on PC.

there are full mods that ppl (like Lagoa!) on the nlsc have created to play retro seasons.

the amount of single player customization is unmatched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2021, 02:23 PM   #6
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
Im considering switching to PC in part because it seems to me that roster creation is WAAAAAY easier on PC (like, there are community-made tools for typing in Attribute/Tendency/etc. values instead of on console where you have to push the right stick until you get to the correct number). Is my perception correct here? Or is it just as tedious to input Attributes/Tendencies/etc. on PC as it is on console?

Also, do you (or does anyone) know why there is no real modding of the mechanics of the game (whether on-court or off-court)? All the cyberfaces, courts, jerseys, etc. are cool, but why arenít there mods for simple things like making it so you can see the GM in the Staff menu in MyLeague? Or applying a filter to the type of social media you see in the feed (like turning off the G-League call-up/call-down notifications)? Or adding a Sign & Trade option? You look at a game like Skyrim, and while half the mods are cosmetic, there are a ton of mods that add to or improve the fundamental things you can do in the game. Is it that 2k is programmed in such a way that anything beyond cosmetics is effectively unmoddable? Or is the mod community just very fixated on visuals over game mechanics?

Thanks
For 2K20 and 2K21 there's a tool (roster editor) that allows you edit stuff through a program instead of inside the game.

Skyrim has a huge modding community and that game is definitely easier to mod than 2K. There hasn't been a gameplay mod since 2K14 when the 2K modding community was at its peak.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the info and suggestions everyone. It's greatly appreciated!
Old 07-25-2021, 12:41 AM   #8
Pro

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0

Best part about PC for me is the draft classes that were made with the cyberface mixer, so they have real cyberfaces for like the first 9 years of your MyLeague.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »