Home

2k should be held to the same standards as other games

This is a discussion on 2k should be held to the same standards as other games within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 12:26 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
2k should be held to the same standards as other games

Ask yourself, would you purchase any other game that gave you vague info and no gameplay vids a few weeks before release? You wouldn’t, so why do we let 2k get away with this every year? A game that you know for a fact will pretty much be the same lazy attempt from last year.

I won’t go as far to say that this is criminal but this shady business tactic has gone on for too long.

Release gameplay vids and info about the game early so we can decide if we want to spend a full $70 on this.

The worst part is, 2k takes 4-5 months to actually become a playable game. You technically shouldn’t even think about buying this until December.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2021, 03:29 AM   #2
Pro

Re: 2k should be held to the same standards as other games

Yea if this was any other game annualised or not it’s red flags for a game that leaves it to right before release to show the actual game whilst pushing pre orders.
Really hope I’m proven wrong but this seems more and more like a gap year for 2k where they finally revamp next year or year after for next gen.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:34 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScum
Ask yourself, would you purchase any other game that gave you vague info and no gameplay vids a few weeks before release? You wouldn’t, so why do we let 2k get away with this every year? A game that you know for a fact will pretty much be the same lazy attempt from last year.

I won’t go as far to say that this is criminal but this shady business tactic has gone on for too long.

Release gameplay vids and info about the game early so we can decide if we want to spend a full $70 on this.

The worst part is, 2k takes 4-5 months to actually become a playable game. You technically shouldn’t even think about buying this until December.

They do it because they know they can get away with it. Monopoly and all.

I think the game is actually playable until everyone powers up and badges up their myplayer or youtube finds some glitchy build. I swear if I have to watch another year of 5-out bums where the Center can be 6'8 and get away with it...
Old 08-13-2021, 06:34 AM   #4
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Its 2K, how different is it really gonna be?This isnt Death Stranding where folks have no clue what the game entails. Folks know whats up with 2K info release. And let's be honest, we dont need weeks and months to decide to buy a freaking video game. Most folks here seem to have their mind made up whether to buy 2K22 or not with barely any info released so far so what difference does it make?

Also, why do you guys feel like you need to drag everyone else on your crusade? If 2K ain't for you then dont buy it but stop acting like you're speaking from some concern for other gamers pockets instead of your own aint 2K bias. Its comical to see folks from the NBA Live forums on here acting like their NBA video game standards are so high when they supported that game. I bought Live 19 for $2.50. But we get it... 2K is greedy... it's the same game... they only care about online...if you buy the game you're dumb. We hear it every year. That's fine and well. Just move on or wait until the game is on sale or in a state you deem worthy of your time and money. You guys spend more time on here than folks who at the very least enjoy the game in some way. Why?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-13-2021, 07:37 AM   #5
Rookie

Cold Snap's Arena

We don't matter.

Whales matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2021, 08:51 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Its 2K, how different is it really gonna be?This isnt Death Stranding where folks have no clue what the game entails. Folks know whats up with 2K info release. And let's be honest, we dont need weeks and months to decide to buy a freaking video game. Most folks here seem to have their mind made up whether to buy 2K22 or not with barely any info released so far so what difference does it make?

Also, why do you guys feel like you need to drag everyone else on your crusade? If 2K ain't for you then dont buy it but stop acting like you're speaking from some concern for other gamers pockets instead of your own aint 2K bias. Its comical to see folks from the NBA Live forums on here acting like their NBA video game standards are so high when they supported that game. I bought Live 19 for $2.50. But we get it... 2K is greedy... it's the same game... they only care about online...if you buy the game you're dumb. We hear it every year. That's fine and well. Just move on or wait until the game is on sale or in a state you deem worthy of your time and money. You guys spend more time on here than folks who at the very least enjoy the game in some way. Why?

And Why do you 2k apologist feel the need to defend everything they do? I’m talking about their business practices, and the state of the game and your here telling us, people who genuinely want the state of affairs to get better that we should essentially get over it smh

If you love the game so much go play it and gtfo out my thread.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:59 AM   #7
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
And Why do you 2k apologist feel the need to defend everything they do? I’m talking about their business practices, and the state of the game and your here telling us, people who genuinely want the state of affairs to get better that we should essentially get over it smh

If you love the game so much go play it and gtfo out my thread.
BS. You don't genuniely want to do anything other than b****. That's why you never offer anything constructive. Theres a difference between defending 2K and accepting the reality of the situation, not that you whiners could tell or care. But I'll leave it to you and the crew to cry and moan about 2K for yet another year. I hope EA scrapes up Live so yall have something better to do.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:29 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:

So don't buy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »