Home

When 2K takes old games offline, does that mean digital downloads won’t play or save?

This is a discussion on When 2K takes old games offline, does that mean digital downloads won’t play or save? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2021, 01:04 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
When 2K takes old games offline, does that mean digital downloads won’t play or save?

Was wondering how that works for games that are purely digital. Can I still play an offline 2K game that has its servers down if I’m ONLY playing offline modes like MyNBA? And if so can I save progress?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2021, 06:30 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: When 2K takes old games offline, does that mean digital downloads won’t play or s

offline modes and save still work for mygm and myleague. not sure about mynba
Old 07-28-2021, 08:15 AM   #3
MVP

Re: When 2K takes old games offline, does that mean digital downloads won’t play or s

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
offline modes and save still work for mygm and myleague. not sure about mynba
Nice. So that means you can save progress, etc.? So I assume by taking servers down it means only online play is affected.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:35 AM   #4
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

As long as you haven’t enabled online saves for relocations. Those saves won’t load after servers are off.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:24 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm;2050426999h
As long as you haven’t enabled online saves for relocations. Those saves won’t load after servers are off.
Can you explain that in dumber terms? Lol.

Basically all I do is save my rosters both locally and to “share” and I simply save MyNBA mode locally (e.g just clicking “save.” So that means I won’t be able to save or load progress once servers are down?

And if so, would the game play at all otherwise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2021, 10:56 AM   #6
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

You will be fine.

For me I relocate 7 teams. Because of the limit of 3 I have to enable online saves to do 7. Online connection is needed to load that save. So when servers go off that save won’t load anymore.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:21 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm

For me I relocate 7 teams. Because of the limit of 3 I have to enable online saves to do 7. Online connection is needed to load that save. So when servers go off that save won’t load anymore.

And it goes beyond relocation. ANY edits/customization to more than 3 teams will trigger an online save. Just changing the names of more than 3 teams when you create the league (i.e. Brooklyn Nets to New Jersey Nets, etc.) will force an online save.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:38 AM   #8
MVP

Interesting. Never knew there was online vs local saves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »