Home

Year to year save question

This is a discussion on Year to year save question within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you use year to year save?
Yes 11 73.33%
No 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2021, 10:37 PM   #1
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

OVR: 0
Year to year save question

Is there a reason why 2k does not use the year to year save feature?

Also, how many of you guys would be interested in using this feature if it was made available
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2021, 05:04 AM   #2
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Year to year save question

Forgive my ignorance - are you talking about transferring game saves from one game to another 2k21 - 2k22 for example?
Old 07-21-2021, 11:56 AM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

if you mean that you can continue to use save files from one game in the next one then of course that would be great, but I can understand its Not possible.
attributes and badges get taken out of the game or are added and additionally players (and the required cyberfaces) are removed from the game. its Not as easy as it Sounds.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:19 PM   #4
Rookie

The idea of it seems better than the practice. MLB Show had very little, to almost zero, innovation within their franchise mode from 15-20, and it seemed keeping the new iteration's franchise mode compatible with the previous game's version was partly to blame. I'd rather see growth within the mode, and then just continue to play the previous game, if I'm not done with that franchise run. I sim a fair amount though, so that may be why it isn't as valuable to me as it would feel to someone who plays every second of every game.
Old 07-21-2021, 09:19 PM   #5
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by soamazen23
Is there a reason why 2k does not use the year to year save feature?

Also, how many of you guys would be interested in using this feature if it was made available
I don't see the point in year to year franchise saves carrying over with sports games. Gameplay, especially in 2k, is rarely improved enough to warrant purchasing the new version year after year. One of the only two reasons to buy a sports game every year are updated rosters (the other is online pvp) and that feature is completely voided if you carry over saves.

Royals Baseball: Catch the Thrill!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2021, 09:40 PM   #6
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Forgive my ignorance - are you talking about transferring game saves from one game to another 2k21 - 2k22 for example?

Yes. Thats what im asking. Sorry for the confusion. I skipped 21 and im still playing 20. I’ll prob buy 2k22 but i wish i didnt have to start over if i wanna buy 2k23. As a my league player i feel that their is not much that can be added to this mode. The mode is great. Im just waiting for a sports game where i can sit back and build a team up the hard way while having the ability to get the gameplay updates and everything else that comes with it
Old 07-24-2021, 06:40 AM   #7
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by soamazen23
Yes. Thats what im asking. Sorry for the confusion. I skipped 21 and im still playing 20. I’ll prob buy 2k22 but i wish i didnt have to start over if i wanna buy 2k23. As a my league player i feel that their is not much that can be added to this mode. The mode is great. Im just waiting for a sports game where i can sit back and build a team up the hard way while having the ability to get the gameplay updates and everything else that comes with it
I'd KILL for this if it meant I could transfer my custom roster saves from one game to another. That's what stops me from buying 2K every year, the disheartening task of spending months on end customizing everything, from appearance, to signatures, to tendencies & playbooks, only to have to do it again, and again and again every damn year.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:30 PM   #8
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
I'd KILL for this if it meant I could transfer my custom roster saves from one game to another. That's what stops me from buying 2K every year, the disheartening task of spending months on end customizing everything, from appearance, to signatures, to tendencies & playbooks, only to have to do it again, and again and again every damn year.

Good!! Im not the only one who thought about this lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »