Home

Small 2K22 nugget from Eric Boenish

This is a discussion on Small 2K22 nugget from Eric Boenish within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2021, 08:32 AM   #1
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Small 2K22 nugget from Eric Boenish

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=To1gYqgGuTA

I'm not familiar with this youtuber but I found this interesting. It's from an event in Japan for Rui Hachimara. Eric starts at 1:30 mark. The 2:05 mark is interesting. Could 2K22 separate the shot and dunk button like Live way back? I'd personally love that. I want to put in work in the paint while not necessarily going up with a post shot or layup.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2021, 08:39 AM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Small 2K22 nugget from Eric Boenish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=To1gYqgGuTA

I'm not familiar with this youtuber but I found this interesting. It's from an event in Japan for Rui Hachimara. Eric starts at 1:30 mark. The 2:05 mark is interesting. Could 2K22 separate the shot and dunk button like Live way back? I'd personally love that. I want to put in work in the paint while not necessarily going up with a post shot or layup.

I'm getting too old for that method. At this age I need simple . But I'm sure other would enjoy a change like that.

Last edited by jeebs9; 08-11-2021 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:57 AM   #3
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I'm getting to old for that method. At this age I need simple . But I'm sure other would enjoy a change like that.
2K is usually good with the options so hopefully it can be toggled off if they do separate it. At it's core though 2K has played the same for 20 years now. Some games, like NBA2K8/College Hoops2K8, had a smaller window in the paint and you would take a jumpshot unless you were directly under the basket. I feel like around 2K11 virtually everything past the free throw line triggered a layup/dunk. You cant really play CP3s game in the halfcourt in 2K. This could change that.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:08 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
2K is usually good with the options so hopefully it can be toggled off if they do separate it. At it's core though 2K has played the same for 20 years now. Some games, like NBA2K8/College Hoops2K8, had a smaller window in the paint and you would take a jumpshot unless you were directly under the basket. I feel like around 2K11 virtually everything past the free throw line triggered a layup/dunk. You cant really play CP3s game in the halfcourt in 2K. This could change that.

It might depend on which way you're moving the stick and whether or not you're holding turbo. I actually end up taking jumpers right at the dotted semicircle sometimes without meaning to, so I think it's possible.
Old 08-11-2021, 12:28 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
It might depend on which way you're moving the stick and whether or not you're holding turbo. I actually end up taking jumpers right at the dotted semicircle sometimes without meaning to, so I think it's possible.
Not trying to hiijack the thread. But Jr I agree with you to a point. But like VictorMG said. It could work. I think the current problem is either the way defense works or the way a pick and roll works. It's the snake Dribble and put them in jail or hand cuff. CP3, Luka, Trae, basically all the top pick and rollers use this stuff. But you can't do it in this game.

It's just alot of thinking in my opinion. I don't even like that they change the shooting stick to only down to shoot jumpers. Cycle is about to end. And I'm still messing that up here and there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2021, 03:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Now this is something I would embrace! And if it is true, hopefully it bodes well for more passing options
Old 08-11-2021, 04:29 PM   #7
Pro

Any more control they can give over the outcomes is significant improvement in my book. The problem is I don't really believe it until I see it. The last time they gave us more control was in 2k18 which was my favorite but everyone else hated it. The more freedom of movement also resulted in more clipping and 2k has always been about it looking like basketball more than feeling like basketball.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:34 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

What he said around 2:05 sounds like shot aiming.

We already have r2 as a modifier to trigger dunks/layups.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »