Home

2K desperately needs to move away from guaranteed makes/greens

This is a discussion on 2K desperately needs to move away from guaranteed makes/greens within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2021, 02:04 PM   #17
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K desperately needs to move away from guaranteed makes/greens

I admire that everyone is still tackling this issue. I gave up on the subject. Too many MyPlayer users believe that if you do everything "perfect" that you should get "perfect" results despite the fact that basketball is not a "perfect" game. To these people, missing is should NOT be an outcome when they do everything "perfectly".

Badge stacking that dramatically increases your chances to get a green despite your BEST efforts on defense or the popularity of Zen controllers is another topic by themselves for me.
Old 08-18-2021, 03:07 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I admire that everyone is still tackling this issue. I gave up on the subject. Too many MyPlayer users believe that if you do everything "perfect" that you should get "perfect" results despite the fact that basketball is not a "perfect" game. To these people, missing is should NOT be an outcome when they do everything "perfectly".

Badge stacking that dramatically increases your chances to get a green despite your BEST efforts on defense or the popularity of Zen controllers is another topic by themselves for me.
But that Zen stuff was already solved right or is it still an issue? I remember playing Playnow Online that there were some people getting green after green in the Center but at some point that stopped happening at least on current gen...

In any case, it's really awful when you disable the shot feedback to avoid spoilers but still you see the green in the shooting bar of your opponent which there is no way to remove it...
Old 08-18-2021, 03:22 PM   #19
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Honestly, This sounds too far on the other end of the spectrum, and you want the game to rely solely on percentages, taking user skill out of the equation. Why not just play on Real Player %?

High % shots aren't created equal in real life...there's no 'fairness' to shooting in basketball...someone's contested mid range could be more reliable than someone's open 3 because of their skill levels.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

but we are Not talking User skill out of the equation at all?

1) shot selection and offensive Exekution IS a user skill
2) shot Timing of course should matter. but Not to a degree where you are able to increase your shot percentage from 40 % to 100 % just because you Pressed a Button for the right amount of time. like it was in older 2ks (especially 2k11)was perfect. getting a perfect Release meant you got a small boost to your shot percentage.

Last edited by jk31; 08-18-2021 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2021, 03:25 PM   #20
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamspag
I'm sorry I don't get your last paragraph; just looking for clarification. Are you saying that you are upset because person A was able to time his shot better than person B thus got better results and that screws up competitiveness? or are you saying that both player A and player B timed the shot exactly the same but you are upset that player A got better RNG rolls to hit more greens than player B so we should add more RNG to fix that? Not trying to be a smart ***, just curious

it screws up competitiveness in a way that Timing the shot can decide between getting busted by 30 or winning by 30 though maybe both players basically played equally well (in the worst case).
Old 08-18-2021, 03:48 PM   #21
Rookie

To truly be a simulation game everybody should be playing on RF% … the latency of 2k is too poor to use timing

stick skills with the ball is more than enough to cover a skill gap. When you incorporate close to guaranteed baskets it just encourages spamming
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2021, 04:08 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamspag
yeah we need more RNG in the game
Well yea it’s basketball not COD.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:12 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
But that Zen stuff was already solved right or is it still an issue? I remember playing Playnow Online that there were some people getting green after green in the Center but at some point that stopped happening at least on current gen...

In any case, it's really awful when you disable the shot feedback to avoid spoilers but still you see the green in the shooting bar of your opponent which there is no way to remove it...
Excellent timing scripts are still around and been around for years.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:17 PM   #24
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian

I think they had a hot fix for it, but that came in April. I was already chased off NBA 2K21 and back to playing NBA 2K20 as my main basketball fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »