Home

NBA 2K22 Gameplay Trailer - Plenty More Gameplay Details Coming Tomorrow

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 Gameplay Trailer - Plenty More Gameplay Details Coming Tomorrow within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2021, 05:35 PM   #25
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K22 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymmie21
I think 2k marketed this directly for me. Made you look with Trae doing his thing all over the trailer.

Somebody said they saw Lloyd Pierce. I hate that snake. Telling other coaches not to vote for Trae for the all star game. Blocking Trae off team USA. Not to mention all the behind closed doors issues he caused within the team. Pacers good luck with "he so nice tho" guy.

Sorry off topic 2k22 YESSSS SIR I'm hyped!!!!!! I've been playing Madden 22 I have low standards right now. Don't judge me guys cause I'm Hypee
same here. i am hyped to play this on PS5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2021, 05:48 PM   #26

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Makes me sad to realize I just don’t get hyped for this stuff anymore. The trailer looked like your typical 2K trailer. Not saying it’s bad, it’s just you’ve seen 1 you’ve seen em all. I’m off the entire launch weekend so I’m sure I’ll end up getting it.
Old 08-30-2021, 05:54 PM   #27
Rookie

I can't stand the reaction from youtubers complaining about the contact dunk animations. They have no idea what they are asking for when they want a game with less animations. This is how you know they only play in the park. Sig animations and just animations in general are vital for the NBA experience.
Old 08-30-2021, 05:56 PM   #28
Rookie

I liked the emotions that players showed, like the pre-game stuff, bench emotions, PG in his defensive stance... I hope we see it consistently during gameplay. I thought that Stephen Curry three-point celebration before the ball went in was a little much for him though, he's not Nick Young

I also hope that we don't get players doing their signature celebrations too often though. Like, Trae Young bowed once IRL IIRC. It might not be a thing he does all the time or ever again, but now we might see it multiple times every game in 2K (just like we see "Dame Time" in 2K all the time even though he only does it down the stretch of the 4th IRL).

But the trailer was definitely good.

Last edited by VictorMG; 08-30-2021 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:02 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray_iv_m3rcy
I can't stand the reaction from youtubers complaining about the contact dunk animations. They have no idea what they are asking for when they want a game with less animations. This is how you know they only play in the park. Sig animations and just animations in general are vital for the NBA experience.
As long as they don't negate the presence of other players around the ballhandler. Sometimes that happens to me in 2K21 where a two-man animation will trigger and it's like no one else around even exists.

But I know that might be tricky.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:07 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
As long as they don't negate the presence of other players around the ballhandler. Sometimes that happens to me in 2K21 where a two-man animation will trigger and it's like no one else around even exists.

But I know that might be tricky.
Yea but ppl have to keep in mind it's still a video game. It won't be perfect. The correct animation will not trigger all the time. People want complete control over their player and that isn't even possible in real life.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:10 PM   #31
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray_iv_m3rcy
I understand their PTSD from from 2K21 contact dunks.

but in general, players don't understand their own animation complaints. These games NEED animations, both visually and within the guts of the game. We've literally seen basketball games take stabs at rag doll physics and fail.

Everyone's favorite 2K had the most "canned" animations...but when they used in a way that feels fair, and are varied, you don't hear about them.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2021, 06:12 PM   #32
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

Re: NBA 2K22 Gameplay Trailer - Plenty More Gameplay Details Coming Tomorrow

This isn’t gameplay just cut scene of pre-render video. Until you see 1 on 1 game matches with another human or cpu showing 1 qtr. that’s how you’ll see if the gameplay has improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »