Home

NBA 2K22 Gameplay Improvements Revealed - Defense, Dribbling, Post Play, Shooting, Finishing, Badges & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 Gameplay Improvements Revealed - Defense, Dribbling, Post Play, Shooting, Finishing, Badges & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2021, 01:08 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K22 Gameplay Improvements Revealed - Defense, Dribbling, Post Play, Shooting

I got 2 things to say.

1: My favorite part about these blog posts is seeing and feeling the majority of the “I’m not gonna buy this game!!! Im so frustrated!!!” crowd change their minds the second after reading the article lmfao

2: If 2k managed to fix the damn defensive AI problems… WHY THE HECK dont they patch it into 2k21 man. Its literally a Fundamental part of the game that is BROKEN in 2k21, and they had the whole year to work towards it and make the game serviceable in regards to the pick and roll Defense.

But as always, money talks, and they are advertising a basic aspect that wasnt functional in the last game as a new feature in the next one.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:10 PM   #34
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K22 Gameplay Improvements Revealed - Defense, Dribbling, Post Play, Shooting

The slow animations for players with low rated attributes is interesting.

I wonder if this applies to blocks too.

Would cut way down on spamming if executed correctly.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2021, 01:13 PM   #35
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Flicking the Pro Stick in various directions last year gave you fairly generic-looking size-ups, while holding up on the stick gave you a nice-looking mo-capped dribble series. This year, the goal was to marry the two together and give each player a unique feel and rhythm when sizing up, while also giving the gamer complete control over how the series plays out. KD’s big hesi crosses, Harden’s around/thru the leg moves, Steph’s quick machine gun crosses, and Luka’s methodical rock back and forth dribbles are all now under the gamer’s direct control rather than a preset movie.
I feel like they go back and forth on size-ups every year lol.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2021, 01:18 PM   #36
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
granted its 7 seconds...but the transition from dribble to pull up looked smooth and sped up. Something that was mentioned in the blog so promising.
Han down, man down, he was definitely late. That’s actually good footage of non “ghost contests”.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:25 PM   #37
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Let the drooling begin...

Good read. I'm just happy current-gen version is closer to next-gen version this year. I bet 2K checked the numbers and saw huge sales on current-gen version, that's why they tried to implement most of the changes on current-gen.

Yeah this is my big takeaway. There’s more emphasis on “...and current-gen has it too!” than “look at this fancy thing we can do w/ next-gen tech.” It’s almost as if current-gen is what they’re actually trying to sell, as opposed to trying to hype you into switching to next-gen.

Sounds like there’s a good chance that, for current-gen’ers like myself, 2k22 will be meaningfully better than 2k21. Maybe 2k22 will be a really strong last hurrah for the current-gen modding cycle on PC. Hope so
Old 08-31-2021, 01:28 PM   #38
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

After analyzing the blog, I don't have many questions, and I'm mostly satisfied with the changes. Now, I'm just debating whether or not I want to buy it Day 1. I might take the plunge and hope like hell they don't cave in to the whiners.

The only thing that wasn't addressed for me was the shot stick. Are we still stuck with the NBA 2K21 controls and poor response, or did they revert back the NBA 2K20 control scheme?
Old 08-31-2021, 01:30 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoribas3
I got 2 things to say.

1: My favorite part about these blog posts is seeing and feeling the majority of the “I’m not gonna buy this game!!! Im so frustrated!!!” crowd change their minds the second after reading the article lmfao

2: If 2k managed to fix the damn defensive AI problems… WHY THE HECK dont they patch it into 2k21 man. Its literally a Fundamental part of the game that is BROKEN in 2k21, and they had the whole year to work towards it and make the game serviceable in regards to the pick and roll Defense.

But as always, money talks, and they are advertising a basic aspect that wasnt functional in the last game as a new feature in the next one.
Its coding bro. You cant always fix something in an old build without actually creating a new build.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:32 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am excited to see the majority of you guys got the same positive impression from the article that I did. Imo defense sorely needed rebuilt. No doubt day 1 purchase!

With that said the only thing that has me worried is the steal and block dunk mechanics with matching badges and the fact they focused on snatch blocks. If balanced correctly this is a big addition in the realism department. However, we already know we have a "size" problem in 2k. It is going to be interesting seeing a Nate Robinson sized player going for a "style dunk" on a legit 7 footer hahaah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »