Home

NBA 2K22 Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 Franchise Mode? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2021, 12:10 AM   #25
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K22 Franchise Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Dribble Rea
I hope they eventually do something with player lock, make it more like an offline mycareer experience
This has been a dream of mine for years. The day we are able to make a player and play in our own my league is the day i’ll shed a tear of happiness
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2021, 07:14 AM   #26
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

They need to fix sim stats, progression/regression, trade/draft/free agency AI, and add some actual immersion to the mode. NFL 2K5 had the halftime show and a weekly recap show, which even with the extremely limited voice lines still added so much to the gameplay and the franchise mode that no other sports game has ever come close to. It never got stale and it always got me in the mood to keep playing.
Old 09-05-2021, 01:22 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
still its an unplayable Mode for everyone that wants to Play for more than 1 or 2 seasons without micromanaging All 30 Teams. the AI is unable to put up a somewhat decent roster Management and their gameplaning is horrible too. i dont care if other sports games are even worse. i dont Play any other sports games than nba 2k.and nba 2ks franchise (or myleague, mynba or what ever they wanna call it this year) is simply Not a Good experience.
The relevance of other sports game brings worst is just that NO sports game has mastered ai team management yet. They are ALL very bad. Shoot, maybe its just not even capable.
Old 09-05-2021, 01:26 PM   #28
Banned

Biggest thing for me is actual lineup logic which would also bleed into free agent decisions they make.

No team plays two centers at a time (example Whiteside and Richaun Holmes). But 2k will do this ALL the time as if the lineup logic was based off a script from 2009. MLB The Show does this as well with always putting two fast gays at the top of their lineup.

I think logic should have teams opt to put a sf at f or a pf at c before they put a center at a pf.
Old 09-05-2021, 04:14 PM   #29
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
The relevance of other sports game brings worst is just that NO sports game has mastered ai team management yet. They are ALL very bad. Shoot, maybe its just not even capable.
Some of the most annoying parts of the team-management AI are definitely fixable, for instance, the logjamming of certain positions. The logic for avoiding that is as simple as it gets: something like IF ( such-and-such trade or signing( position(any) > 3 ) THEN reject such-and-such trade or signing. One could similarly program the AI to not invest in signing Clint Capela when you already have Rudy Gobert (by creating a formula for OVR or salary ceilings for the acquisition of 2nd & 3rd string players). The formulas that users here routinely use in their spreadsheets to calculate ratings from real-life stats are considerably more complicated than the above. That said, the devs aren't stupid, so I know it must not be that simple to implement (maybe it's coded in a roundabout way that's hard to modify without breaking other things, or maybe the game has logic like this but other mechanics interfere with it). Point is just that the CPU logic that would avoid some of the 2k AI's mistakes is pretty rudimentary and very much within the power of a video game to execute.
Old 09-05-2021, 05:13 PM   #30
Pro

Roster building logic and fixed progression regression and I’ll deal with the rest
Old 09-05-2021, 05:15 PM   #31
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
Roster building logic and fixed progression regression and I’ll deal with the rest

...and I really wish we could just turn off progression/regression, if we can’t find settings we like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2021, 05:16 PM   #32
Rookie

MikeBadge's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Dribble Rea
I hope they eventually do something with player lock, make it more like an offline mycareer experience
Quote:
Originally Posted by soamazen23
This has been a dream of mine for years. The day we are able to make a player and play in our own my league is the day i’ll shed a tear of happiness
Been dreaming and hoping for this one for a while now.

With next gen MyCareer seemingly moving away from the traditional offline experience, there's an optimistic part of me that hopes we'll actually see a transition to a more in depth player lock MyNBA experience at some point this generation. Fingers crossed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »