Home

NBA 2K22 Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 Franchise Mode? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2021, 02:54 PM   #41
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NBA 2K22 Franchise Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersFreak
Game is 4 days away and still no news on MyGM!!!!
Yeah it's obvious they didn't change anything.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2021, 03:57 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 0

I’m back to assuming I’ll keep 2K21 next gen.

The new announcers made a good case for 2K22 but not enough alone. The improved colors made a case, but upon recent footage of the Bulls, it’s clear they really didn’t correct the colors, just slightly improved hue and saturation. It makes a case for 2K22, but not enough alone. Courts and colors still look washed out. Color palette appears the same.

Improved defense? I’ll believe it when I see it and get reviews from real sim players here. Till then I’ve adjusted the sliders so much on 21 that defense isn’t that horrible. It’s just missing AI logic for help defense and double teaming (for the latter I just go into the other team’s settings and manually force doubles). The very small gameplay of 22 we did see showed the same sliding, lack of AI logic, slow contesting reflexes as 21. I added defense badges to everyone and lowered Posterizer badges and my 21 plays pretty damn sim now.

I also hate how there’s even MORE badges now which will clearly be annoying gameplay wise.

So it all rides on MyNBA mode. If they make some meaningful improvements there, I’m buying 2K22. I happen to be right before the start of my second franchise season in 2K21 so the timing couldn’t be better.

Last edited by AIRJ23; 09-06-2021 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2021, 04:42 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
I’m back to assuming I’ll keep 2K21 next gen.

The new announcers made a good case for 2K22 but not enough alone. The improved colors made a case, but upon recent footage of the Bulls, it’s clear they really didn’t correct the colors, just slightly improved hue and saturation. It makes a case for 2K22, but not enough alone. Courts and colors still look washed out. Color palette appears the same.

Improved defense? I’ll believe it when I see it and get reviews from real sim players here. Till then I’ve adjusted the sliders so much on 21 that defense isn’t that horrible. It’s just missing AI logic for help defense and double teaming (for the latter I just go into the other team’s settings and manually force doubles). The very small gameplay of 22 we did see showed the same sliding, lack of AI logic, slow contesting reflexes as 21. I added defense badges to everyone and lowered Posterizer badges and my 21 plays pretty damn sim now.

I also hate how there’s even MORE badges now which will clearly be annoying gameplay wise.

So it all rides on MyNBA mode. If they make some meaningful improvements there, I’m buying 2K22. I happen to be right before the start of my second franchise season in 2K21 so the timing couldn’t be better.
lol I never understand these. You can literally wait 4 days and really find out. Why the need to #1. Predict wether you'll buy the game Friday and #2. Come to tell the world about your prediction on wether you'll buy the game lol
Old 09-06-2021, 06:49 PM   #44
Rookie

scyman89's Arena

What a terrible strategy to release a game within a few days and there is barely any information about the franchise mode. I will says it's way ahead of the other games (cough MADDEN 22) but regardless it still needs some fine tuning.

Coaches should have a resume to see where they've been win accurate win/lose records. Madden 12 for the PS2 was the last system to do this and it's been great. They also included coordinators and special teams coach. It would great to see a coach with a career win/lose record and all of the previous stops.

I've seen alot of people say improved draft classes but isn't the whole point of editing draft classes make it more realistic for upcoming classes? I mean i never use the vanilla classes because you can always import the most up to date draft class for this upcoming season of college hoops.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:54 PM   #45
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Serious question. When this week do we expect the news? Tomorrow or at/after launch?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2021, 11:39 PM   #46
Rookie

scyman89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Serious question. When this week do we expect the news? Tomorrow or at/after launch?

That’s the million dollar question man nobody knows. Might be able to see some early people playing ln YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-06-2021, 11:53 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts

I think Ronnie said park blog is dropping tomorrow so it'll likely be on Thursday since they've been releasing info every Tuesday/Thursday for the past 2 weeks. Weirdest marketing I've ever seen for a video game lol
Old 09-07-2021, 12:01 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaVsFaN2273
I think Ronnie said park blog is dropping tomorrow so it'll likely be on Thursday since they've been releasing info every Tuesday/Thursday for the past 2 weeks. Weirdest marketing I've ever seen for a video game lol
I dunno lol Maybe they planned it this way to limit the amount of time the YT content creators got to complete bash the game based on the news they put out lol They're bashing 2k now but not really the game because they dont know anything about it lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »