Home

Early impression: Game is gorgeous. Jordan is perfect. Defense HORRIBLE to slashers

This is a discussion on Early impression: Game is gorgeous. Jordan is perfect. Defense HORRIBLE to slashers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 08:44 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Early impression: Game is gorgeous. Jordan is perfect. Defense HORRIBLE to slashers

Ok I’m on New Zealand time and I got the game. So far I’m just a few minutes into my first game. I’m using the current rosters and current Bulls only with MJ traded onto the team (I want to get a feel for it in its current form to compare to 2K22 first).

Early excited thoughts:

Game and presentation are stunning. Some details related to Jordan I had early issues with are fixed. MJ on the main screen in itself makes this a collectors item to me. It’s like it was made for me. Jordan looks great and has TONS of life like sigs. Although I think they made his tone a little too light. His face is pretty perfect. His head maybe a little too short and stubby. Could be a bit longer and more chiseled. The shape of his head was good in 22, it just needed the new scan.

I DO NOT love the new filter for regular games (not talking about retro filters). The standard game filter at least on the current United Center court is too smoky and pink. The current Bulls court is hard on the eyes. The wood is washed out and too bright and white, which is a real issue for me. Retro jerseys are better. The bulls retro joke jerseys are no longer and ugly “off white,” they’re now crisp sharp white like the current Bulls jerseys. MJ has some new color ways but still some are missing.

Lots of fouls committed on MJ already in my first game.

The defense. Well. It reminds me of 2K21. I’m not talking about help. I’m not talking about shading etc. I’m talking just simile, brute defense. It’s VERY EASY to blow by defenders with a good slasher like Jordan. I’ve been playing my first game for about 4 minutes and I’m dunking every play with Jordan. I have it on HOF! On hof in 2K22 when I first got it I was getting cooked. Not I just drive and dunk. Will the AI start doubling MJ and provide help? I don’t know yet. But the brick wall effect is toned way down here, you just get right by anyone. I will toy with body up sensitivity etc. and see if that fixes it.

I haven’t even tried eras yet. These are initial impressions.

I’m sure using the 90’s United Center will fix many of the issues with the current United Center being WAY too bright.

The only issue is the on ball defense on elite slashers! I’m playing my first ever game on HoF and I’m beating the Bucks PURELY by driving into the hole with MJ spamming turbo and posterizing everyone or getting fouled. I hope this can be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 08:50 AM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Early impression: Game is gorgeous. Jordan is perfect. Defense HORRIBLE to slashe

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Use this thread
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »