Home

NBA 2K22 MyNBA Details Revealed - MySTAFF, Staff Carousel, Prep Hub, Attributes, Badges & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 MyNBA Details Revealed - MySTAFF, Staff Carousel, Prep Hub, Attributes, Badges & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2021, 11:30 AM   #17
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K22 MyNBA Details Revealed - MySTAFF, Staff Carousel, Prep Hub, Attributes,

Nothing about immersion. No new homepage or ticker during games or revamped halftime show or anything. That sucks. This all sounds nice but I honestly never cared that much about staff. I just hope the Gleague bug and crashes were addressed at this point. The gameplay looks polished enough so I'm sure I'll dig into it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-08-2021, 11:31 AM   #18
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K22 MyNBA Details Revealed - MySTAFF, Staff Carousel, Prep Hub, Attributes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Can the shot doctor "fix" Ben Simmons shot yes or no? Let's get to the important questions
Or can the Sports Psych make him more aggressive and less passive?
Old 09-08-2021, 11:32 AM   #19
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

No mention of start today mode making a come back. Has anyone seen anything on this?

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 09-08-2021, 11:32 AM   #20
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Can the shot doctor "fix" Ben Simmons shot yes or no? Let's get to the important questions
No, but a skilled GM might be able to get an all-star caliber player coupled with four 1st round picks...
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-08-2021, 11:33 AM   #21
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Very underwhelming. Lol at adjusted spreadsheets in the blog although I will like it for sure but LOL! You know your struggling to find things to add to the blog when that’s in it! These 2k blogs this year have been horrendous!

But intrigued on depth with this…

CONDITIONAL COACHING

Another new feature we are really excited for is Conditional Coaching, which gives power users the ability to help give coaching directives while they simulate games. Using symbolic logic, you’ll be able to input powerful commands that will look for specific conditions in the game, and if they occur, make coaching changes accordingly. As an example, one of our pre-set simple conditions is ‘Garbage Time’ – all you have to add is a point value, like 10. Once set, it makes it so that if in the fourth quarter, if the point differential is 10 (up or down) and there’s only a little bit of game time left, you sub out the starters and get in the bench to help make sure you can play rookies and get them extra game time when the game has been decided. We’re eager to see how much our hardcore fanbase will love the ability to truly sim the way they want to play.

Brian Mazique said this…

Among the newest features are Conditional Coaching (which allows users to input commands that employ certain strategies for specific instances in a game).

If we can set this up for cpu teams coaches then this is a great feature. If it’s just for sims then not so much. Although it would be nice when using sub rotations that the cpu would change and break from that in blowouts late in games! Also it would be great if we can change things based on foul trouble.

As far as the coaching badges, etc I’m hoping a few things.

1 - coaching badges can effect teams AI in game or how they adjust, etc.

2 - With coaching edits hopefully ability to change freelances and series per team is a option finally outside of in game?!

3 - Can we finally change defensive help d settings per team outside of game to seperate teams from 1 another?

2k22 really sounds like a year to fine tune everything from 21 IMO… at least from what we have read so far…

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 09-08-2021 at 11:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2021, 11:33 AM   #22
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Curious about CPU team management logic: trades, roster construction, qualifying offers, etc.

It's been so bad for so long, and I just don't have the time or will to do it all manually for all teams anymore. Nothing is mentioned about this CPU auto team management logic.

Not mad they seem to have done nothing with draft classes. The community mostly does this better anyway.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:35 AM   #23
Rookie

Is any of this going to work with MyNBA online though? It's great for normal franchises but if you're trying to create a MLO, how does fatigue work when there is a flex schedule?

Last year the training, wear and tear, etc. didn't work if you were doing a MLO. I'm really hoping they figured out how to work with a flex schedule where you don't have to play the games in order.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:40 AM   #24
Rookie

Better spreadsheets are literally the best thing about this.

MyStaff improvement is cool but feels better overcomplicated and I REALLY doubt that the AI will do a good job managing all that for every team.

Honestly, I expected more. Mostly regarding the broken morale/chemistry system, the broken Mentoring system, the broken G league system, the Play In Tournament…

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »