Home

Trying to spin off a player when posting up. Instead I just turn around & face em(?)

This is a discussion on Trying to spin off a player when posting up. Instead I just turn around & face em(?) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-16-2021, 02:13 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Trying to spin off a player when posting up. Instead I just turn around & face em(?)

A move I use a lot is posting a player up, especially on the perimeter (aíla MJ) and spinning off them to get to the hole. Works like a charm in 21. In 22 my player just crosses the ball under his legs and faces the defender. Drives me nuts. Am I doing something wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2021, 03:17 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Trying to spin off a player when posting up. Instead I just turn around & face em

In 2K22, post spins can only be done by rotating the right stick.
Old 09-16-2021, 03:21 AM   #3
Rookie

adamspag's Arena

Re: Trying to spin off a player when posting up. Instead I just turn around & face em

Its always been the right stick has it not?
Old 09-16-2021, 03:27 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
In 2K22, post spins can only be done by rotating the right stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamspag
Its always been the right stick has it not?
In 2021 next Gen Iíd just back into them, and use the left stick to spin around them.

So I can do the same thing in 22 by using the right stick?
Old 09-16-2021, 03:30 AM   #5
Pro

Also, MJ and others had their signature combos triggered by simply holding up the right stick in 21. MJ has a between the legs combo he does. How do I trigger that entire combo in 22? I see he has that exact combo in his signatures. The control help screen says to tap the R stick in different directions to trigger it, but how to I get the animation where keeps dribbling between the legs? When I tap R, naturally it keeps doing different dribble moves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2021, 05:23 AM   #6
Pro

Canít seem to figure it out with the right stick.

If I rotate the right stick I either fake to a side or lock up into a shooting animation. Canít seem to back into an opponent and spin off him to drive to the hole. Am I doing something wrong. Or maybe they disabled it because it made driving too easy?
Old 09-16-2021, 05:32 AM   #7
Oba
Rookie

Oba's Arena

Take a look towards the end of this video:

https://youtu.be/Wedhu9cIr90
Old 09-16-2021, 06:16 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oba
Take a look towards the end of this video:

https://youtu.be/Wedhu9cIr90
Interesting, thanks. My ADD is having a hard time deciphering what exactly heís doing.

Can someone describe exactly how to do it? Seems like heís saying turning the sticks in opposite clockwise directions but it doesnít work for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »