Home

Face Scan Issues: No More Passes for 2K

This is a discussion on Face Scan Issues: No More Passes for 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2021, 12:20 PM   #9
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Face Scan Issues: No More Passes for 2K

Im on iPhone did it first try and it work i was surprise and it look like me

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 09-18-2021, 03:17 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
Face Scan for Android, and maybe iPhone, has been broken for years.

Everytime I use the front facing camera it turns my head into a pinhead. I don't know how, I don't know why it can't use a normal aspect ratio, but you can see my tweet here:

https://twitter.com/DigestAndroid/st...56932136685570

I had this issue with face scan on the last 3 2k's. My face is round, like a normal humans. This shrinks the sides of my face and makes my face into a weird rectangle. I'm guessing it has a weird glitch with the aspect ratio and doesn't work well on certain cameras, but it's done this on SEVERAL phones and over the past few years, on several 2k's

With all the billions and billions that are poured into this game, how has this not been fixed? And how has this not gotten any attention?

NBA Live, as horrible as many may claim it is, implemented face scan with a simple image, and it worked flawlessly with no issues. I don't understand how 2k has had a broken face scan app for so long. I've re-scanned countless times in good light and I can never seem to get good face scans, and for the past couple of years I've had to deal with this pinhead glitch.

Has anyone else noticed this? Can you please make your voice heard on twitter and make sure they know to resolve this?
Never had pin but I have long ish hair and I always have to tie it up in a bb pony tail because it glitches face scan. U right it’s trash. My current one is pretty bad but not glitchy. Alil double nostril, but it’s such a grab that I’m like well good enough. My dude looks like he’s got on eye shadow or something.

If the game could give sample pix and have u take them individually I think it’d be better because there are always some suspect shots in there that lower integrity of face scan. Texture is real tho. That’s what keeps it looking ok. My skin, mouth, even tiny facial imperfections or a flat mole I have is reflected, but yes shape is mildly wonk.

-Smak
Old 09-18-2021, 03:27 PM   #11
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

IMG_6441.jpg

This is the first year my face scan turned out incredible. Looks identical to me. Good camera phone and great lighting go a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2021, 03:36 PM   #12
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

OVR: 0

Why does the facescan app flatten all noses ???

All noses are flat even when we turn almost 90 degrees while scanning ...it doesnt even give you he option to edit the nose afterwards...facescan is not worth if for me been trying for years with good phones but never had a scan i was proud of.
Old 09-18-2021, 06:18 PM   #13
Pro

zrohman's Arena

I get that some of you had good scans, again: I'm assuming it works good on iPhone. But on the front facing camera on many Android phones it is still broken
Old 09-18-2021, 06:58 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I get that some of you had good scans, again: I'm assuming it works good on iPhone. But on the front facing camera on many Android phones it is still broken
That seems to be the case. I haven't tried yet this year, but seems like there are less issues with IPhones/Apple compared to Android. My Android has a good front facing camera, but literally couldn't a scan because it was like it was distorted .

I thought when they moved to next gen that they would update the face scan as well. It's due for one
Old 09-19-2021, 05:15 PM   #15
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

The issue I always have for the face scan is that I get a blank spot under my bottom lip. Sometimes the scan will be great and the blank spot only pops up when my player moves his mouth in a certain way, but often times, even the resting scanned face will have a blank spot under my lip for some reason. Not the end of the world but we really should have better technology in the game at this point.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2021, 09:36 AM   #16
Rookie

After 89 scans... maybe more
I got one that looked exactly like me from the forehead down to the nose.
The mouth by the way... ALWAYS places my lips under where the mouth actually goes. So i have to use a beard and edit to cover it up lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »