Home

Offline MyCareer request like the W but then for men

This is a discussion on Offline MyCareer request like the W but then for men within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2021, 03:24 PM   #1
Rookie

FunGaming44's Arena

OVR: 0
Offline MyCareer request like the W but then for men

So after playing a week I find that the MyCareer is just not for this old hoop head anymore. I find the city to be annoying with all the nonsense around it with the quest go here go there do this and do that it feels more like a RPG game and a city similator then a NBA career

So today I decided to take a look at the W the femake mycareer and wow the difference is night and day, its natural progression, its more fun and feels more like a Basketball career then the entire mens career mode does.

So my request to 2k is to please also give us a career mode just like the w for the men call it the M for all i care but this would gve those of us that just want a career mode without all the crazyness exactky what we want. It would also solve a problrm lots of handicapped players have had for the past years who cant handle pro difficulty since the w gives you all difficulties even rookie.

Hope this can be realized as it would make a complete difference for many people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2021, 10:35 PM   #2
Rookie

adamspag's Arena

Re: Offline MyCareer request like the W but then for men

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunGaming44
So after playing a week I find that the MyCareer is just not for this old hoop head anymore. I find the city to be annoying with all the nonsense around it with the quest go here go there do this and do that it feels more like a RPG game and a city similator then a NBA career

So today I decided to take a look at the W the femake mycareer and wow the difference is night and day, its natural progression, its more fun and feels more like a Basketball career then the entire mens career mode does.

So my request to 2k is to please also give us a career mode just like the w for the men call it the M for all i care but this would gve those of us that just want a career mode without all the crazyness exactky what we want. It would also solve a problrm lots of handicapped players have had for the past years who cant handle pro difficulty since the w gives you all difficulties even rookie.

Hope this can be realized as it would make a complete difference for many people.
I ask for it every year... it's not going to happen. I remember listening to a podcast a while back with DaCzar and a few of his friends and this featured got mentioned and he said something along the lines of, besides the obvious of it not being a money maker, that they are worried about a repeat of 2k15 where people glitched rosters and transferred characters from MyGM to mycareer with 99 in every attribute.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:16 AM   #3
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

I just started one in the W tonight and was thinking the exact same thing OP. I like some of myCareer but the constant skateboarding around and just overall quests that serve no purpose has really turned me off the mode. The past few years I’ve just made a guy and tried to build him up to be competent enough to play some park and pro am with my buddies and then I spend my alone time with the game player locked on myNBA.

The W is no frills, you play a game, you practice, you click a button to do some popularity stuff and you keep it moving. I really really like the simplicity and will be playing this mode a ton.

Alas, we’ll never get it for the men, there’s too much money to be made from skateboarding around and doing quests for Jake from State Farm or whatever company 2K has decided to partner with to force feed some type of advertisement.

I’ll stick with my player locked myNBA created player. Maybe one year we’ll get some created player mode with some freedom, unlikely but you can hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-20-2021, 12:46 AM   #4
Rookie

FunGaming44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBakes
I just started one in the W tonight and was thinking the exact same thing OP. I like some of myCareer but the constant skateboarding around and just overall quests that serve no purpose has really turned me off the mode. The past few years I’ve just made a guy and tried to build him up to be competent enough to play some park and pro am with my buddies and then I spend my alone time with the game player locked on myNBA.

The W is no frills, you play a game, you practice, you click a button to do some popularity stuff and you keep it moving. I really really like the simplicity and will be playing this mode a ton.

Alas, we’ll never get it for the men, there’s too much money to be made from skateboarding around and doing quests for Jake from State Farm or whatever company 2K has decided to partner with to force feed some type of advertisement.

I’ll stick with my player locked myNBA created player. Maybe one year we’ll get some created player mode with some freedom, unlikely but you can hope.

I hope they do, if they just make it seperate from the online city then people can choose, im sure they will still have their money maker because most of the younger generation like the city and all that comes with it. I gues I'm just getting to old to do all the crazy nonsense around it, i want what the W is but then for men, like you said nice and simple career mode with a natural progression.
Old 09-23-2021, 08:37 PM   #5
Rookie

FunGaming44's Arena

Hope this gets picked up by the devs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2021, 09:34 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Wait can I ask a couple questions (mostly because I received my NBA 2K22 in the mail but it was the PS4 version not the PS5 version so I'm still waiting for the PS5 version to get delivered):

Is the W both a WNBA franchise mode AND a WNBA mycareer mode? Or is it only the mycareer?

The reason I ask is because whilst I'm an NBA junkie, i've also become a huge WNBA fan on account of my daughters becoming big WNBA fans. They haven't had a chance to play a proper WNBA featured game and I was very excited about playing a WNBA franchise with them, but if it's also a WNBA mycareer I think my daughter will love that.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:35 PM   #7
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Wait can I ask a couple questions (mostly because I received my NBA 2K22 in the mail but it was the PS4 version not the PS5 version so I'm still waiting for the PS5 version to get delivered):

Is the W both a WNBA franchise mode AND a WNBA mycareer mode? Or is it only the mycareer?

The reason I ask is because whilst I'm an NBA junkie, i've also become a huge WNBA fan on account of my daughters becoming big WNBA fans. They haven't had a chance to play a proper WNBA featured game and I was very excited about playing a WNBA franchise with them, but if it's also a WNBA mycareer I think my daughter will love that.

There’s both a WNBA franchise mode and a MyCareer mode, both separate modes.

Old 09-25-2021, 11:42 AM   #8
Rookie

FunGaming44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek

There is both, but i can tell you she will love the WNBA career mode, heck I even love it, its simplistic fun no city nonsense with quests like run here do this do that which completely turned me away from the NBA Mycareer mode. Which is why I hope they will create a mens NBA career mode seperate from the city and have it just like the W.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »