Home

Who’s using the shot meter in 2K22 (and who’s not)

This is a discussion on Who’s using the shot meter in 2K22 (and who’s not) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-05-2021, 01:29 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Who’s using the shot meter in 2K22 (and who’s not)

In 2K21 I was ready to ditch the meter. I discovered how easily shots could go in without it and I discovered how organic it feels without the meter, like I can actually “feel” the jump shots.

Now since 2K22 is new to me and already challenging enough, I played a couple games with it off, and the newness of the game mixed with the newness of no meter might be too distracting.

I did pretty well without the meter, but I realized the “shot feedback” is actually more distracting than the meter. Why? Because it’s all the way at the top of the screen. So I always look up while shooting. Totally screws up the whole point of a clean screen where I focus on the jump shot. So now I ditched the feedback. So I have zero info on jump shots other than my eyes.

So I started practicing with the meter. I’m torn on whether I like it better than a clean screen with no feedback. But again, no feedback AT ALL will be tough and frustrating at crunch time in games on such a new game.

The new meter is pretty damn good. I find myself barely distracted at all from the shot. It’s not as organic as no meter, but I can actually focus on the player himself and use the meter as a sort of guide.

What have you guys found more suited for you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2021, 02:40 PM   #2
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Who’s using the shot meter in 2K22 (and who’s not)

No meter for me on anything. I still have the shot feedback on so I can quickly glance at it while I'm getting back on defense, if I need to, but I don't think I'll use it much longer. And also, thank you 2K for allowing us to turn the green release indicators off! I didn't realize how much I hated those things until I found out you could turn them off. It's so nice to take a shot and have a few moments of suspense on whether it's going to go in or not.
Old 10-05-2021, 02:55 PM   #3
Pro

This year you can actually make pull up jumpers, moving jumpers, setback jumpers, etc. All these jumpers have different timing so its near impossible for me to play without the meter.

Meter also changes with stamina and contests. Seems impossible to play with it off to me.
Old 10-05-2021, 04:15 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

It's totally possible to play without meter with good results, you can learn the different release points of your players for each kind of shot (animation) but it usually coincides with the last wrist flick...

Anyway, TBH I don't think the boost for shooting without meter is good enough to make most of the people to take it out... I understand that if you are super competitive online, Shot meter on is perhaps the way to go... what a pity... LOL

Last edited by Guard-ian; 10-05-2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-05-2021, 06:48 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
No meter for me on anything. I still have the shot feedback on so I can quickly glance at it while I'm getting back on defense, if I need to, but I don't think I'll use it much longer. And also, thank you 2K for allowing us to turn the green release indicators off! I didn't realize how much I hated those things until I found out you could turn them off. It's so nice to take a shot and have a few moments of suspense on whether it's going to go in or not.
Same here! And plus you get a sight boost with it off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2021, 08:03 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
It's totally possible to play without meter with good results, you can learn the different release points of your players for each kind of shot (animation) but it usually coincides with the last wrist flick...

Anyway, TBH I don't think the boost for shooting without meter is good enough to make most of the people to take it out... I understand that if you are super competitive online, Shot meter on is perhaps the way to go... what a pity... LOL
Im talking about offline and kudos to you if you can master that lol But I spent about an hour and I couldn't get the release right with one player on different shots. Then add in when you've speed bursted a lot now the shot timing is totally diff lol
Old 10-05-2021, 08:18 PM   #7
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
Im talking about offline and kudos to you if you can master that lol But I spent about an hour and I couldn't get the release right with one player on different shots. Then add in when you've speed bursted a lot now the shot timing is totally diff lol
Just need to trust the process. Hit the gym with each player. It's pretty old school but it works. Just take about 10 shots in each area of the court. Even simulate pick-and-rolls and shooting moving jumpers. It works. Like right now I've got down pack Harden, KD and Kyrie pull up jumper. KD fade away I got down too. Just got to put some time in. But if you don't want to. That's fine too. That's why this game is great. Options

Just watch their elbows. That's what I've been doing for years. The other method is watching their height as they go up.
Old 10-05-2021, 08:35 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I turned off the shot meter at the outset, not to make things more difficult on myself or anything, but just because I found it to be sort of a distraction this year. I had a hard time identifying where the ideal release point was on the meter and ended up ignoring everything on the court except the meter itself on my shot attempts.

I haven't played a ton, so I'm pretty bad sans meter right now, so maybe I'll give the meter another shot down the line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »