Home

How do you stop the stepback move? That crap feels unstoppable as a man defender and

This is a discussion on How do you stop the stepback move? That crap feels unstoppable as a man defender and within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2021, 01:57 PM   #9
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: How do you stop the stepback move? That crap feels unstoppable as a man defender

Here is one instance I just screen recorded on my phone. Please bare with the video quality.

https://youtu.be/oIdfMdF9JaA

I have waaaay more from that one game. I give him credit for having that much control over a player. Because I could never do that many moves. I think Curry only sat once. Which is the part that bothers me. I've always seen Curry as a off the ball mover that's also a great dribbler. This kind of dribbling seems more Harden/Luka style.

Just to add... Like if he called a pick and roll. I might be ok with all this. But he's attacking me like I'm a big that just switched on him . That can't be it.

Last edited by jeebs9; 10-09-2021 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:57 PM   #10
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0
How do you stop the stepback move? That crap feels unstoppable as a man defender and

Get rid of handle for days and make stamina matter.

That is all that needs to be done.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Old 10-09-2021, 04:16 PM   #11
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Re: How do you stop the stepback move? That crap feels unstoppable as a man defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Get rid of handle for days and make stamina matter.

That is all that needs to be done.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Or nerf it or give defense the ability to speed boost too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2021, 08:21 PM   #12
Rookie

H2UKNOW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Here is one instance I just screen recorded on my phone. Please bare with the video quality.

I have waaaay more from that one game. I give him credit for having that much control over a player. Because I could never do that many moves. I think Curry only sat once. Which is the part that bothers me. I've always seen Curry as a off the ball mover that's also a great dribbler. This kind of dribbling seems more Harden/Luka style.

Just to add... Like if he called a pick and roll. I might be ok with all this. But he's attacking me like I'm a big that just switched on him . That can't be it.
I just know he didn't have you jumping like that, Jeebs....
Old 10-09-2021, 08:38 PM   #13
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2UKNOW
I just know he didn't have you jumping like that, Jeebs....
Oh he totally had me jumping. I think it was after this possession I stopped playing on ball defense . But I couldn't do anything. I'm going to clip out all his buckets. Looking back I should of forced him to drive for 2's. But even when I played up. It was either he was going to drive by for a easy two or escape into another 3 point attempt.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:54 PM   #14
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

That's the worse part. They do all that dribbling, and they're still able to nail the 3.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:10 AM   #15
Rookie

That's too easy to stop.

Number One Defensive RULE is to never hold Sprint or L2 for too long. Learn to release and just face the player you are guarding just by using the right stick and anticipate the direction he is going.

Again the most important is Stop holding L2 or R2 (ps4/5 controller) for way too long. Don't tap it again and again aswell, learn to anticipate when to use both at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2021, 03:08 AM   #16
Rookie

If you guys find a way to stop it, please let the real NBA knows since this is a huge issue in the NBA as well...

Curry, Harden, even slower players like Luka have pretty nasty stepbacks that the league doesn't know how to deal with, why is this a problem when the animation is working as expected? In real life, you either crowd the dribbler and let him blow by your or dare him to shoot...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »