Home

How do you stop the stepback move? That crap feels unstoppable as a man defender and

This is a discussion on How do you stop the stepback move? That crap feels unstoppable as a man defender and within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2021, 06:56 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How do you stop the stepback move? That crap feels unstoppable as a man defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
If you guys find a way to stop it, please let the real NBA knows since this is a huge issue in the NBA as well...

Curry, Harden, even slower players like Luka have pretty nasty stepbacks that the league doesn't know how to deal with, why is this a problem when the animation is working as expected? In real life, you either crowd the dribbler and let him blow by your or dare him to shoot...
I wish they’d call travels on step backs. Regardless of it being or not being a travel, back in the day they would call travels on them. It’s such a lazy exploit and is painfully boring to watch over and over and over again. Like I’d love to watch a game where players show multitudes of offensive skills and not just the same 2 or 3 recycled. Without the step back guys like Harden would be forced to open his game up and you’d see his PPG drop dramatically. You’ll probably already see that happen since NBA won’t call dumb foul baits anymore.
Old 10-10-2021, 12:12 PM   #18
Banned

Re: How do you stop the stepback move? That crap feels unstoppable as a man defender

Quote:
If you guys find a way to stop it, please let the real NBA knows since this is a huge issue in the NBA as well...

Curry, Harden, even slower players like Luka have pretty nasty stepbacks that the league doesn't know how to deal with, why is this a problem when the animation is working as expected? In real life, you either crowd the dribbler and let him blow by your or dare him to shoot...
Yea but luka/harden shoot both 36 and 37 percent on stepbacks.
Old 10-10-2021, 12:27 PM   #19
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Wasn't there a 2K where side to siding was significantly slowed?

Was it 2K16? Wasn't a big rec/Park guy back then. Make these guys actually use some moves.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2021, 01:16 PM   #20
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

This theory is terrible. No one in the NBA repeatedly does the same move over and over in one possession. That's not even mentioning the entire game. In the video I posted above. I think he does about 5-6 stepbacks in a span of 10 seconds. All with Curry. He finally gets a opening and pulls up from about 30 feet and splashes it. Curry does a lot of running around. He's definitely one of the best off the dribble shooters of all time. But that doesn't look like Curry. He dropped 36 on me. The only other player in double figures was Klay Thompson with 11.

If you want to let Park players just keep stepping back over and over like that. I could see room for that nonsense. But in a NBA game. We see that once a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Wasn't there a 2K where side to siding was significantly slowed?

Was it 2K16? Wasn't a big rec/Park guy back then. Make these guys actually use some moves.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
I think your right it might have been in 16-17.

I'm not trying to take the stepback away. I just want people to efficiently use each move. This didn't seem efficient. This seem abusive.

With my opponent he literally was hunting for 3 pointers. Remember he never used a pick and roll once in the game. This kind of over and over and over attack seem more suited for getting switches of a big man on Curry.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:19 PM   #21
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jairusmonillas
That's too easy to stop.

Number One Defensive RULE is to never hold Sprint or L2 for too long. Learn to release and just face the player you are guarding just by using the right stick and anticipate the direction he is going.

Again the most important is Stop holding L2 or R2 (ps4/5 controller) for way too long. Don't tap it again and again aswell, learn to anticipate when to use both at times.
I'm going to give this a try. I kind of wish I could get a rematch with the guy from my hand
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2021, 02:09 PM   #22
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Here is a step back I can deal with that happen.

https://youtu.be/5ZyF6KNXTsQ

This is just bad defense on my part. 2 step backs. And me driving into the paint. Even switching into the big to protect the paint like this guy cares about the paint.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:14 PM   #23
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Here is one instance I just screen recorded on my phone. Please bare with the video quality.

https://youtu.be/oIdfMdF9JaA

I have waaaay more from that one game. I give him credit for having that much control over a player. Because I could never do that many moves. I think Curry only sat once. Which is the part that bothers me. I've always seen Curry as a off the ball mover that's also a great dribbler. This kind of dribbling seems more Harden/Luka style.

Just to add... Like if he called a pick and roll. I might be ok with all this. But he's attacking me like I'm a big that just switched on him . That can't be it.
That was stupid lol
Old 10-10-2021, 07:42 PM   #24
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Here is a step back I can deal with that happen.

https://youtu.be/5ZyF6KNXTsQ

This is just bad defense on my part. 2 step backs. And me driving into the paint. Even switching into the big to protect the paint like this guy cares about the paint.

lmao, he sent you into another dimension on that second one

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »