Home

MyNBA G League On or Off - what are the pros and cons?

This is a discussion on MyNBA G League On or Off - what are the pros and cons? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2021, 01:26 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
MyNBA G League On or Off - what are the pros and cons?

I've seen a little bit of discussion around the G league bug with players becoming 90+ overalls in year 2. Some recommend turning off G League, others recommend making a custom roster and deleting all G League players and then when MyNBA starts the rosters are filled with free agents and newly created low ranked G Leaguers.

What are the benefits of having the G League on? I have tried it but I assume you get an extra 2 two-way contracts, and can assign your players to your G League affiliate to play. Are these true benefits or are they not worth the squeeze?

For those who have G League on, what do you get out of it? And what have you done to fix the roster issues? Do you delete players or use another custom roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2021, 06:37 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA G League On or Off - what are the pros and cons?

I guess the only real benefit is extra immersion and another leagues stats and news to follow and have on display.

I deleted every player and let the cpu select who to put on g league teams in my custom roster. There are still a lot of fake players but some actual free agents were used which is cool.

The fake player aspect is just bloat and regressive to immersion actually. I was going to manually put real free agents on each team but someone said it crashed their MyNBA when he tried. So figured not worth the effort.
Old 10-16-2021, 07:49 AM   #3
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

I turn it off only because I just don’t want to be bothered with it lol. I’m not talking about the bug, I just don’t care about the G League lol.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:28 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
I guess the only real benefit is extra immersion and another leagues stats and news to follow and have on display.

I deleted every player and let the cpu select who to put on g league teams in my custom roster. There are still a lot of fake players but some actual free agents were used which is cool.

The fake player aspect is just bloat and regressive to immersion actually. I was going to manually put real free agents on each team but someone said it crashed their MyNBA when he tried. So figured not worth the effort.
So I tried the delete all players from G league and then started a MyNBA and it crashed. Then I deleted 5 players each team and left 7 players and I get the not enough players error which I can’t for the life of me fix.

What is the minimum amount of players on a G league squad? And how do you actually find their rosters on MyNBA next gen? I’ve looked through all the menus and can’t find them at all.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Wil2DaSon's Arena

OVR: 3

It really wasn't a bug it was a bad roster choice. The gleague players already had high overalls in the original roster. They have lowered all the overalls of those players in a old roster update so that won't happen anymore.
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”– Michael Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2021, 10:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
So I tried the delete all players from G league and then started a MyNBA and it crashed. Then I deleted 5 players each team and left 7 players and I get the not enough players error which I can’t for the life of me fix.

What is the minimum amount of players on a G league squad? And how do you actually find their rosters on MyNBA next gen? I’ve looked through all the menus and can’t find them at all.
It's kind of tricky to find the rosters. You can only view one G-League roster at a time in quick edit mode. You have to go to the free agent list and try to sign a free agent that is in the G-League, but the NBA roster must be full for this to work. Also you have to open the player card before you try to sign. Once you are told you have the maximum amount of players in the roster, you can go to the roster and the G-League team of the FA you tried to sign will show and you can edit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »