Home

Player DNA bug

This is a discussion on Player DNA bug within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2021, 01:33 PM   #9
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player DNA bug

This is because for whatever reason this year the CAP's are given a normal player's png #(CPU reference). So if you try to export a player that is using a CAP generated by 2K its not going to show up. On PC we can just change the player to the basic number assigned to all CAP players. Don't know how this would be addressed for consoles.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitew33
This is because for whatever reason this year the CAP's are given a normal player's png #(CPU reference). So if you try to export a player that is using a CAP generated by 2K its not going to show up. On PC we can just change the player to the basic number assigned to all CAP players. Don't know how this would be addressed for consoles.
Do you happen to have a list of CAPs who meet this criteria? (Unless it's all of them).

I'm holding out hope that if it's not all of them, it players who might be getting a face scan eventually.
Old 11-01-2021, 07:35 PM   #11
Pro

dkemp's Arena

OVR: 7

I also had the issue when downloading Freddie Gillespie from a downloaded roster. And btw I’m on Xbox series x soon to be ps5. Is this a console issue or game issue you guys think?.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2021, 11:52 PM   #12
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemp
I also had the issue when downloading Freddie Gillespie from a downloaded roster. And btw I’m on Xbox series x soon to be ps5. Is this a console issue or game issue you guys think?.
It's the game because it also happens on PC, there are just tools on PC to correct it. It may be something to send a ticket to 2K about.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:55 PM   #13
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemp
I think its all of the NBA players that have a CAP as opposed to a face scan.
Old 11-02-2021, 07:28 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitew33
I think its all of the NBA players that have a CAP as opposed to a face scan.

Happens with face scans too. I've had it happen with exported DNA of Clemon Johnson or George Johnson from the historic draft classes and their faces aren't CAPs.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:52 PM   #15
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo3772
Happens with face scans too. I've had it happen with exported DNA of Clemon Johnson or George Johnson from the historic draft classes and their faces aren't CAPs.
Yep. In mine it was George Johnson. I go through all the historic draft classes and export the player DNA of almost every player with a decent model and import them into JBs draft classes. I noticed an invisible player on the Nuggets in my test MyNBA. It was Johnson. I quit the game and tried to edit him and the game hung. I had to close the app.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2021, 12:11 PM   #16
Rookie

I opened up a support ticket for this. I was using a roster that was missing some of the 2 way contract guys. I used player dna to add them to Fa pool. They appeared. When I clicked on them to sign them and edit their contract the game froze and I could never get to edit menu. This happened many times and on a few diff rosters. 2K said to clear cache and then send them a video. Have not done either yet, assuming cache thing is useless

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »