Home

MYNBA GM SELECTION

This is a discussion on MYNBA GM SELECTION within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: WHAT TEAM SHOULD I BE THE GM FOR?
Timberwolves 4 21.05%
Pelicans 2 10.53%
Trailblazers 3 15.79%
Cavaliers 4 21.05%
Magic 6 31.58%
Rockets 2 10.53%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2021, 12:41 PM   #1
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0
MYNBA GM SELECTION

Community -

The title is just as suggested - looking to begin a MYNBA as a GM and I’m going through what I feel could be the most likely candidates as to either being fired or obviously vacant - Please let me know in the poll as to which team you believe would be the most appealing to a 1st year GM:

1. Timberwolves (vacant spot)
2. Pelicans (Griffin appears to have his days numbered)
3. Trailblazers (Although it appears Olshey may survive the falling out and keep his job)
4. Cavaliers (Altman - although he hit on Garland and huge on Mobley - might be enough to keep his job)
5. Magic (Hammond clearly doesn’t appear to know what he’s doing)
6. Rockets (Is Stone - REALLY the guy?)
7. Other - Who?

Last edited by Teleo; 11-26-2021 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Added Poll
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2021, 10:13 PM   #2
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Re: MYNBA GM SELECTION

Thank you for the 1 vote so far 👍🏻
Old 11-27-2021, 01:07 PM   #3
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Thank you once more for all who have voted - with the anticipated release of CelticLG roster on XBOX S/X - looking to narrow it down - Keep the votes coming! 👍🏻
Old 11-27-2021, 02:05 PM   #4
Pro

vetmin's Arena

I voted Blazers.

Neil Olshey will most definitely NOT survive this. The only reason the team is 'investigating' is because they're trying to fire him with cause, so that they can get out of paying him for his full contract after they fire him. If a team is at the point where they have to investigate their GM, then the GM has already failed at his job and is a goner.

Reason I voted Blazers though instead of the other teams is because you could reasonably pretend that in your timeline, Dame asks for a trade, which would give you the best rebuild scenario of all of those teams. Blazers don't have any young talent they're already deeply invested in (they like Anfernee Simons, but he's just a dude, not a franchise guy), so you'd start off with zero commitments to building around existing players, and you'd get to engineer the blow-up yourself in order to get the young player(s) / pick(s) you specifically want for your rebuild. It's also fun that 'blowing it up' in this case means like 4-5 different transactions. You get to craft a blockbuster Dame trade, a CJ trade, a Powell trade, mid-tier interesting trades for guys like Covington & Nurk, etc. Blazers would be fun.
Old 11-27-2021, 02:37 PM   #5
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
I voted Blazers.

Neil Olshey will most definitely NOT survive this. The only reason the team is 'investigating' is because they're trying to fire him with cause, so that they can get out of paying him for his full contract after they fire him. If a team is at the point where they have to investigate their GM, then the GM has already failed at his job and is a goner.

Reason I voted Blazers though instead of the other teams is because you could reasonably pretend that in your timeline, Dame asks for a trade, which would give you the best rebuild scenario of all of those teams. Blazers don't have any young talent they're already deeply invested in (they like Anfernee Simons, but he's just a dude, not a franchise guy), so you'd start off with zero commitments to building around existing players, and you'd get to engineer the blow-up yourself in order to get the young player(s) / pick(s) you specifically want for your rebuild. It's also fun that 'blowing it up' in this case means like 4-5 different transactions. You get to craft a blockbuster Dame trade, a CJ trade, a Powell trade, mid-tier interesting trades for guys like Covington & Nurk, etc. Blazers would be fun.
Thank you so much for responding - The Trailblazers is definitely one team that I was looking into as they need a definitive direction & Dame ultimately either needs: A) The RIGHT help (which is to move CJ) or B) Trade him & get the most assets back - I believe that Dame wants to stay in Portland - that’s where his heart is - but I feel his heart may be hurt as he may feel as though they have not done enough to help him in his quest to win a championship - I felt all along that CJ was the one to go and he needed a true defensive wing or better ball handler to allow Dame to move more (like what Curry does in GS) - I believe Simmons would be good for him but at this point not sure anymore and CJ would not be what Philly needs

As far as Olshey - I’ve listened to several Trailblazers podcast and it appears the through their reports - the team is on the fence but either way - having him relieved is a VERY realistic possibility

What teams do you believe would be realistic for Dame to be moved to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2021, 12:19 PM   #6
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo

As far as Olshey - I’ve listened to several Trailblazers podcast and it appears the through their reports - the team is on the fence but either way - having him relieved is a VERY realistic possibility
And there it is! (Shams bomb) The path is clear for you, new intrepid GM!

Quote:
What teams do you believe would be realistic for Dame to be moved to?

A lot of teams would have interest, but I think POR would try to do Dame right, so it’s mostly a question of where you think Dame would WANT to go. PHI is the most readymade potential contender for him, but he might be into the vibe of NYK. A lot of journalists have noted that, I feel. Oakland is his hometown but he’d never want to be in the shadow of Steph in Golden State, so resist the urge to trade him for Wiseman + Kuminga + Moody + Poole + all the picks. If you want to be ruthless and disregard Dame’s wishes, the Pels might give you a sweet Ingram-based deal, out of desperation to retain Zion.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:56 PM   #7
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
And there it is! (Shams bomb) The path is clear for you, new intrepid GM!

A lot of teams would have interest, but I think POR would try to do Dame right, so it’s mostly a question of where you think Dame would WANT to go. PHI is the most readymade potential contender for him, but he might be into the vibe of NYK. A lot of journalists have noted that, I feel. Oakland is his hometown but he’d never want to be in the shadow of Steph in Golden State, so resist the urge to trade him for Wiseman + Kuminga + Moody + Poole + all the picks. If you want to be ruthless and disregard Dame’s wishes, the Pels might give you a sweet Ingram-based deal, out of desperation to retain Zion.
Absolutely! You definitely called it! It’s going to interesting to see if Chauncey survives the new regime of Team President and GM - He is on a 5 year contract so he will be there for the early going but if he doesn’t produce it’s like a new GM in an NFL franchise with a QB - there are no attachments - so he will have to do well
Old 12-04-2021, 02:08 AM   #8
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Just to piggy back of the op. I am having troubles picking a team. I have restarted multiple times. I go thru this ever year. I dont know what team to pick. I was thinking’s about the nets. But idk. I need help

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »