Home

How do I trigger the spin jumper animation?

This is a discussion on How do I trigger the spin jumper animation? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2022, 10:29 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How do I trigger the spin jumper animation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxsf18
haven't bought 2k22, are there any more new signature stepbacks/post fades/floaters etc. in the game? i was worried a lot of them had gotten taken out all together but for MJ to have his own animation now there must have been a few more added as well. it was kind of ridiculous having one for ben mclemore and glenn robinson III but not a player like Mike
Tell me about it. Even more annoying is when I played 2K20 Mobile (based on the 2K13 engine) and MJ had his own signature post fadeaway. Why TF would they take that away?! That’s his patented move that literally revolutionized basketball with all who copied it, and now he has a generic post fade. Granted the generic one he has doesn’t seem to be used by many if any other players (unless I’m totally mistaken which I may be) and does look like him I think. But adding a spin jumper for him is a good compromise as it’s basically the same exact move.

2K22 definitely added a lot more animations for legends and current players. Especially dribble moves. Compared to 2K21 Mike now has: Spin jumper, and two new dribble moves that are his own.

To note, in typical sloppy 2K fashion MJ does not come with the new spin jumper standard. You have to edit him to get it. Also for some dumb reason his patented triple threat move (where he palms and shows you the ball) isn’t set as standard either. You have to edit it in his signatures.

But overall I think his likeness is solid now in the game.

Last edited by AIRJ23; 01-03-2022 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-03-2022, 05:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Does the game have to be updated to show his moves in the edit screen? I just purchased it but haven’t done any updates because I’m not sure I’ll keep the game. I strictly play with retro teams and right now it’s not looking too good. Still not able to give him the medium band or change shorts length. I’m on ps4 by the way
Old 01-03-2022, 07:16 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle45
Does the game have to be updated to show his moves in the edit screen? I just purchased it but haven’t done any updates because I’m not sure I’ll keep the game. I strictly play with retro teams and right now it’s not looking too good. Still not able to give him the medium band or change shorts length. I’m on ps4 by the way
Wow PS4 still has that accessories bug?? Yeah next gen I think is a lot better for legends. But you should have the MJ animations I’d think. It’ll need to be updated to see the spin jumper animation.

Also his patented triple threat needs to be changed in. You’ll see which one it is (#4 or #5 I think).

It’s crazy how many legend signatures there are that AREN’T applied to the players. Penny is another one that just had his sweet spin jumper added. Lots of guys don’t have their own layup or dunk packages applied when those packages are in the game. Pippen doesn’t have one of his own dribble signatures applied to him (it’s one of the ones at the bottom). I spent insane amounts of time getting this all dialed in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2022, 07:41 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah I can’t believe they took his armband away. That’s something that’s been in the game for ever. I know his spin jumper isn’t in there so I may have to update. The length of the shorts is what really bothers me. I can do the arm band fix but in 2k20 you were able to edit the shorts. He looks terrible with the super long ones

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »