Home

Is there any way to guard 5 out with shooting bigs?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to guard 5 out with shooting bigs? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Out of the Park Baseball 23 Review: Newcomers Welcome
AEW: Fight Forever - New Gameplay Footage and Details
How to Fix The Rec in NBA 2K
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2022, 04:58 PM   #1
Pro
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Oct 2010
Blog Entries: 9
Is there any way to guard 5 out with shooting bigs?

This seems to be a complete game breaker.

Playing a guy as the 19 Raptors. He put Kawhi at PG and has 4 shooters on the court and calls an iso then a screen. If I help off any of the shooters it’s a green release. Trying to guard both the defenders in the PnR seems to be the best option, but 75% of the time one of them will get stuck and it’s an easy blow by dunk.

I’m a pretty decent player (75% win rate online play now) but I couldn’t find any way to stop this. Completely took the fun out of the game.

Guys PSN is SlimeBallKen9 and he definitely lived up to the name

Last edited by _-King-_; 01-28-2022 at 05:03 PM.
_-King-_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2022, 05:27 PM   #2
All Star
 
ggsimmonds's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Is there any way to guard 5 out with shooting bigs?

Just switch it?
ggsimmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:30 PM   #3
Fear is the Unknown
 
jeebs9's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 37,437
Re: Is there any way to guard 5 out with shooting bigs?

Try zone defense. Just got to mix it up with these people. When they get in the same over and over mind set it's pretty straight forward how to duck them up
__________________
Hands Down....Man Down - 2k9 memories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHP_5GUBQo
jeebs9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 11:48 AM   #4
Pro
 
Cowboyfan_19's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2015
Re: Is there any way to guard 5 out with shooting bigs?

Few tips in stopping guts that play like that:

1. Mix it up between man, 2-3, & 3-2 zones. None are absolute stoppers unfortunately, but it does help to keep your opponent guessing. Remember to always keep an eye out for the 3s when you're in Zone, cause the cpu defenders over help every time.

2. Extend full court ball pressure. Shot clock is 24 seconds, so every second they waste in the backcourt is to your advantage. You don't necessarily need to trap or press, you just want to knock off a couple seconds.

3. Time of possession. Do not rush on offense & be efficient. You're never going to be able to stop offenses like these in 2k, but you can slow them down to a certain point. You re going to want to make sure that you use most of the shot clock on your side of the court ever single possession & on offensive rebounds, use 14 seconds. The longer you can keep the ball out of a 5 outer hands, the better.
Cowboyfan_19 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 01:28 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown
 
jeebs9's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 37,437
Re: Is there any way to guard 5 out with shooting bigs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
Few tips in stopping guts that play like that:



1. Mix it up between man, 2-3, & 3-2 zones. None are absolute stoppers unfortunately, but it does help to keep your opponent guessing. Remember to always keep an eye out for the 3s when you're in Zone, cause the cpu defenders over help every time.



2. Extend full court ball pressure. Shot clock is 24 seconds, so every second they waste in the backcourt is to your advantage. You don't necessarily need to trap or press, you just want to knock off a couple seconds.



3. Time of possession. Do not rush on offense & be efficient. You're never going to be able to stop offenses like these in 2k, but you can slow them down to a certain point. You re going to want to make sure that you use most of the shot clock on your side of the court ever single possession & on offensive rebounds, use 14 seconds. The longer you can keep the ball out of a 5 outer hands, the better.
Couldn't have said it better. Mix it up. I like to play a certain coverage for the first half and then come out in the second with a completely different coverage and by the fourth quarter I'm switching it back and forth. That's how some of my biggest comes before have gone.

But look I just want to say for my defense. There is 5 out offense in the game. I don't mind if your running 5 out plays. The 5 out that I think we all hate is when someone 5 out iso over and over again. I use 5 out offense myself.
__________________
Hands Down....Man Down - 2k9 memories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHP_5GUBQo
jeebs9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2022, 01:37 PM   #6
MVP
 
jk31's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2014
Re: Is there any way to guard 5 out with shooting bigs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Just switch it?

the switch setting (as all the other pnr defense settings) do not work in 2k22.
jk31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 02:15 PM   #7
Fear is the Unknown
 
jeebs9's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 37,437
Re: Is there any way to guard 5 out with shooting bigs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
the switch setting (as all the other pnr defense settings) do not work in 2k22.
I've learned my lesson the hard way with that lol

Shrink the Floor seems to work once in a while for me
__________________
Hands Down....Man Down - 2k9 memories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHP_5GUBQo
jeebs9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 05:44 PM   #8
MVP
 
jk31's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2014
Re: Is there any way to guard 5 out with shooting bigs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I've learned my lesson the hard way with that lol

Shrink the Floor seems to work once in a while for me

thats the Most frustrating thing for me as a long time Basketball Player and coach: you Know exactly which tactics you need to use to stop your opponent. but its Not possible to carry out your gameplan in this game and so you Lose against absolute stupid Stuff that you Know how to beat in theory (and Real life Basketball).
jk31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Top -