Home

Adaptive Coaching Engine

This is a discussion on Adaptive Coaching Engine within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2022, 05:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Adaptive Coaching Engine

Is the adaptive coaching engine better on or off for offense and defense? Also is it better to turn on manual play calling if you are not a good play caller or want to freelance?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2022, 08:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Adaptive Coaching Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgl216
Is the adaptive coaching engine better on or off for offense and defense? Also is it better to turn on manual play calling if you are not a good play caller or want to freelance?

Yes would love to know more about this setting too, but i rmb back in previous 2k series ppl say is better turn everything off? cpu plays weird ifs on? pls supplement if anyone can
Old 03-05-2022, 07:34 PM   #3
Rookie

DJ81's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Adaptive Coaching Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Yes would love to know more about this setting too, but i rmb back in previous 2k series ppl say is better turn everything off? cpu plays weird ifs on? pls supplement if anyone can
1...ACE only affects the user and I have found it better to play with it turned off as you will be able to have confidence that what you call...sticks until you change it. The drawback in turning ACE off is not being able to set your tempo/rebound strategies at the beginning of the game and having to do it once the games starts.

2...I set all my strategies and call my own plays as I concur that the AI will make some baffling playcalls and w/o the "show user playcalls" and/or player communication turned on for both offense and defense, you will not know if any changes are made with ACE on and playcall set to "Auto".

3...If you do turn ACE off....be prepared to be fully immersed into the game...offensive strategy changes, playcalls, tempo, etc as well as defensive strategies, matchups, and etc. BE prepared to make these changes, manually, the moment you see it's not working as the AI will exploit mismatches and slow adapting users.

That's just my experience and advice with having ACE turned off. Hope this helps a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »