Home

2K please Show More Love To Classic Teams/Players in 2K23

This is a discussion on 2K please Show More Love To Classic Teams/Players in 2K23 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2022, 12:44 AM   #81
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K please Show More Love To Classic Teams/Players in 2K23

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3r
yesterday played with the nuggets 07-08 vs current Nets... well, there is no respect to old teams

Losse ball, Kenyon with Silver Hustler badge cant get the ball vs Seth Curry..

Camby with Gold BrickWall, cant make a screen vs Kyrie (no pickdodger btw)

Melo with 89 layup and fearless&acrobat Gold Badge, cant score against Kyrie in the paint.

also Iverson with Gold acrobat, fearless, slithery and 88 layup, cant score in the paint (here was well defended i know)

tendences maybe?
The frustrating thing about those clips is that Melo & A.I would have a much higher % chance at making 3s in 2k. Clearly irl though, those two were NOT efficient 3 shooters & did their work in the paint with finishes. Unfortunately with the way pno is tailored, having defensive badges reigns Supreme above all else. Try playing with the 08 Nuggets or 05 Suns against the 19 Raptors or 04 Lakers. The amount of defensive badges you can put on the court on those teams will destroy any offensive firepower you may think you might have with the Nash suns or Melo Nuggets. Now i understand Joe Johnsin & J.R Smith are missing, but they aren't going to help much as they wouldn't bring any useful defensive badges with them.

I get frustrated when I know how to use the classic Mavs teams to their potential, but the second I choose a team like the 65 Celtics or 06 Heat or 91 Bulls, I'm reminded of how overpowering defense & defensive badges really are in this game. I don't even have to try with those squads & I can decently lock down modern squads.

Last edited by Cowboyfan_19; 06-11-2022 at 12:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2022, 09:02 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 8

This is especially for those who don't plan on purchasing 2K23 - I have a really exciting roster coming out in the next few weeks for Xbox Series X/S. It has an old-school 2000s vibe mixed in with the new NBA. Stay tuned. (see spreadsheet below for more info - 4&4 tab)
Old 06-22-2022, 07:49 AM   #83
MVP

Who else thinks it's ridiculous that one of the Jazz teams from 2006 to 2010 is not in there? DWill/Boozer teams were legit and completely deserving. Very bad job to not include them. What other similar contending teams from the 2000s are missing?
Old 06-23-2022, 08:01 PM   #84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
Who else thinks it's ridiculous that one of the Jazz teams from 2006 to 2010 is not in there? DWill/Boozer teams were legit and completely deserving. Very bad job to not include them. What other similar contending teams from the 2000s are missing?
Yeah I agree. They may not be as memorable as the mid-00’s Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Lakers (etc), but this is a team that made the WCF and their star was considered a top 2 PG for a good 3 year stretch. They should absolutely be represented. D-Will, Booz, AK47, Okur. All all-stars at one point. Fun team for sure.

Last edited by KobeDropped81; 06-23-2022 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:27 AM   #85
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeDropped81
Yeah I agree. They may not be as memorable as the mid-00’s Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Lakers (etc), but this is a team that made the WCF and their star was considered a top 2 PG for a good 3 year stretch. They should absolutely be represented. D-Will, Booz, AK47, Okur. All all-stars at one point. Fun team for sure.
Chris Paul's Hornets as well who were rivals of them. David West, Tyson Chandler, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2022, 10:53 AM   #86
MVP

Quote:
Chris Paul's Hornets as well who were rivals of them. David West, Tyson Chandler, etc...
Also what's up with the Magic's finals team not being in there? Must be some player right problems or something.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:55 AM   #87
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
2K used to have a classic Chris Paul Hornets team but steadily lost player rights from year to year until there was only five or six players left on the roster. I think that team got caught up in the situation where guys retire but don't join the retired players association just yet but also don't individually negotiate their likeness, leaving them in no man's land. Sort of like Tayshaun Prince, who was a part of the classic Pistons team until he retired.
Old 07-02-2022, 07:16 PM   #88
Banned

Quote:
Also what's up with the Magic's finals team not being in there? Must be some player right problems or something.
They currently have the rights to at least 9 guys. Which is just as much of not more than the 12-13 Grizzlies that are currently in the game. They could easily just add the guys that they have and let us roster makers fill out the rest with the Created Players

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »