Home

How to Fix The Rec in NBA 2K

This is a discussion on How to Fix The Rec in NBA 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2022, 12:35 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
How to Fix The Rec in NBA 2K

NBA 2K22 offers a variety of ways to play its MyCareer mode, but without question one...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2022, 02:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Matchmaking is the biggest problem for sure. I also agree with having the option to vote to quit as a team or have a set lead trigger the end of the game 21+*. The quitting problem is serious but more game wrecking to me is the lack of punishment for people actively hurting their team with sequential 3 seconds calls or staying back on offense. As far as the timeouts go, they should be capped at 1 per player for the game.

My idea for the rec: Get rid of generic AIs in exchange for random NBA players/ 2k personalities. Your fifth could be Tyrese Haliburton, Junior, Larry Bird, or Bill Cartwright depending on the position of need and the ratings of the two teams involved. This would allows the AIs to be essentially known commodities in terms of their abilities.
Old 05-05-2022, 04:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Very good article. This mode could be so much better.

I also wish they would nerf 3 point percentages and get rid of "greens" (nobody should know a shot is good before it goes through the net).

Old 05-05-2022, 06:39 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: How to Fix The Rec in NBA 2K

-Shrink the player models or widen the courts.

-Bring shooting %'s down.
Old 05-15-2022, 12:49 PM   #5
Pro

Yes greens need to be lowered on 3s, but honestly one of the easier fixes is (this is coming from a C for years) we need to fix the long passes.

Full court passing should ONLY happen if someone has a 99 pass rating, the rebound L1+R1 move is simply too overpowered leading to cherry picking wide open 3s that kill the game.

Imagine a play in the NBA you see maybe 5 times a year (the rebound full court perfect dime) and then have it happen 10-20 times a rec game. Nothing is on this level of straight arcade honestly.

I get 3s are broken as people shouldn’t shoot or average 66-75% on difficult 3s, but remember a lot of these people shooting are on the break also and they are building that take over off the easy ones.

If 2k essentially made it a turnover 9/10 to gun the ball down court, as well as removed the L1 + R1 this game would be much much better.

If you think it’s unrealistic go watch the NBA playoffs and then think about how Rec is when someone makes a pass, these dudes are pushing the ball quite hard to move it half the court let alone full court.

Reserve the full court pass or even 3/4 court pass for the big man / guard with HOF Breakstarter, and 99 passing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2022, 04:04 AM   #6
f3r
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
Yes greens need to be lowered on 3s, but honestly one of the easier fixes is (this is coming from a C for years) we need to fix the long passes.

Full court passing should ONLY happen if someone has a 99 pass rating, the rebound L1+R1 move is simply too overpowered leading to cherry picking wide open 3s that kill the game.

Imagine a play in the NBA you see maybe 5 times a year (the rebound full court perfect dime) and then have it happen 10-20 times a rec game. Nothing is on this level of straight arcade honestly.

I get 3s are broken as people shouldn’t shoot or average 66-75% on difficult 3s, but remember a lot of these people shooting are on the break also and they are building that take over off the easy ones.

If 2k essentially made it a turnover 9/10 to gun the ball down court, as well as removed the L1 + R1 this game would be much much better.

If you think it’s unrealistic go watch the NBA playoffs and then think about how Rec is when someone makes a pass, these dudes are pushing the ball quite hard to move it half the court let alone full court.

Reserve the full court pass or even 3/4 court pass for the big man / guard with HOF Breakstarter, and 99 passing.

agree with you

also limit Squads to pair with +93 players

if youre on squad with teammates 91v (or 85v or 82v, the question is playing in squad), you should be paired against squads too or higher level ramdon players
Old 05-17-2022, 11:45 AM   #7
Rookie

mightyrx's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller

The other issue is in real basketball that pass is rarely there because the players above the free throw line aren't crashing the glass. They're covering the back court so those easy points aren't available.
In 2k, a lot of users don't know or understand that concept which leads to wide open layups and shooters after misses.
So just changing the requirements won't really fix the issue since it's user failure most of the time.
Making up Evidence Depending on Information Available
Old 05-28-2022, 05:09 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

The time out thing is easy, make it a vote system where you put up 'call timeout.' 3/5 you get one. Then people gotta take responsibility. Imagine how salty it would be if someone just crossed someone else over, drove to the hoop and was getting ready to take off and one dude's vote came up "call timeout." haha. It would help.

Matchmaking is bad, but I don't know how many players in 2k are good unless they are groups of people and we don't wanna balance rec for that. I mean this sounds BOGUS, but it's more like allocating the bad players. There are some people who should legit be banned from playing online from how they act, however, since that's not an option, I just assume them as a variable. You can't really put 10 of those dudes in a game together. That's just an unfixable life problem.

Same thing with blowouts. They need to have more like a blowout BONUS to finish out so people don't just sleep thru the game. The game should be played even if one team is continuing to score every time and one team is missing. It should still be fun. You'd think you'd at least be able to adjust and make a run.

I think they need to bring back feedbag. You know how tags or titles or whatever are a thing, they just need to give you a little feedback survey after each game where a player can choose what a dude was like or just do N/A like no issue- avg. Then put that up as titles, a negative and a positive one. Like "Kinda Cocky" as the positive trait and "Doesn't pass" as another under it, like two bars under the stats.

Have stuff like good sportsman, rage quitter. Nah, but I just think people need to be more held accountable. There are few people who truly don't care about still being toxic when they are being held accountable, and tbh it's hard to deal w/ them and prol should just let them be. They aren't a huge problem in an of themselves.

Dudes just need to learn how to play basketball. They need to put drills in the game that simulate playing 2k Rec well. haha. Like how to pass. Cuz what happens is someone makes a few passes that get picked or whatever and his team is flopping then it descends into HELL. Time out. Time out.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »