Home

On-ball defense

This is a discussion on On-ball defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2022, 10:07 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: On-ball defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I can’t agree

This has seen a massive improvement this year

It’s as balanced as it’s been in awhile IMO, Other games like 2K17 had the training wheels on where you’d automatically stick to guys but it’s much more organic now.

Who are you attempting to defend with? Do you have Defensive assist on in controller settings?

I’ll have to check on the defensive assist setting. Whatever is the default is what it’s set to, though.

And I’m talking about defending anyone on ball. It is literally impossible to stick with anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2022, 10:10 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

If you watch a NBA game you'll see only the good to great defenders being able to stay close or in front of players.

There are more blowbys IRL than people think.

I agree animations are killing 2K but 2K isn't realistic with movement. In 2K players don't drive direct, they drive at an angle.

I stopped playing online due to lag and lack of realistic game play.
Old 05-31-2022, 11:51 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I can’t agree

This has seen a massive improvement this year

It’s as balanced as it’s been in awhile IMO, Other games like 2K17 had the training wheels on where you’d automatically stick to guys but it’s much more organic now.

Who are you attempting to defend with? Do you have Defensive assist on in controller settings?

Yea on CG at least... when you get crossed or w/e it feels legit. But when you stone wall someone it also feels legit. You guys should think about angles. Holding diff buttons also create diff things. There are many diff ways to play defense in 2k, which is cool, I think. I like to play physical defense (prol fouls irl haha,) but my goal is to ride people into spots they don't wanna be or make them drive etc.

I've gotten hard crossed but it feels legit yknow. I dunno if I've seen any animation love issue cept for the finish. If I get an animation on them, I'm prolly gonna block the shot, unless it's a crazy poster.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2022, 01:02 AM   #12
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Honestly, it really depends on the game mode.
Old 06-01-2022, 01:58 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don’t agree, IMO I like where he defense is at. I rarely play ranked matches online and I never play the park. Why, because I like completion and everyone online plays the same way run and shoot as quick as possible, i plays just pick n roll. I mostly stay in my lane and play friends who play sim and 12 minute quarters and the computer. Like someone already stated, when you watch an NBA game very few players actually play good defense nowadays. Plus with the spacing,room to create, and shooting ability of todays players it’s a lot harder to stay in front of someone. I play with the Mavs and Bulls, I can hold my own with either team and they are not defensive juggernaut’s. I can take Luka and slow down anyone, how? It’s all about timing and leading them to the help defense. Don’t constantly move, when someone is just dribbling in front of you wait for them to actually move before you move. Also don’t expect to shut anyone down unless you have an elite defender. This is just my two cents
Old 06-04-2022, 04:57 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth1978
I don’t agree, IMO I like where he defense is at. I rarely play ranked matches online and I never play the park. Why, because I like completion and everyone online plays the same way run and shoot as quick as possible, i plays just pick n roll. I mostly stay in my lane and play friends who play sim and 12 minute quarters and the computer. Like someone already stated, when you watch an NBA game very few players actually play good defense nowadays. Plus with the spacing,room to create, and shooting ability of todays players it’s a lot harder to stay in front of someone. I play with the Mavs and Bulls, I can hold my own with either team and they are not defensive juggernaut’s. I can take Luka and slow down anyone, how? It’s all about timing and leading them to the help defense. Don’t constantly move, when someone is just dribbling in front of you wait for them to actually move before you move. Also don’t expect to shut anyone down unless you have an elite defender. This is just my two cents

I’m referring to offline. It is impossible to stay with your man.

Old 06-04-2022, 05:11 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth1978

I’m referring to offline. It is impossible to stay with your man.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »