Home

NBA 2k23 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2k23 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2022, 04:01 AM   #17
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k23 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
Is there still time for 2K to fulfill a wishlist? I always feel like we should start the wishlist thread a month or so after each game releases.
Yeah it's super late at this point and I don't think they even read them anyway.
Old 06-21-2022, 07:58 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10

I dunno how 5s works in stage, but I would like a rec w/ some money in it, so maybe then people wouldn't quit. Def not interested in playing 21 5s.

Park is extra laggy this year, so I'd like that fixed, too.

Still wanna see the ability to be able to get a classic player on your team. I dunno how the story line would work, but like I said before, would even work w/ some mad scientist guy with a time machine, something w/ spice y'know... bring out LARRY BIRD. Things to keep Mc interesting as you get deeper in.

Still need to work on those body blocks, would like to be able to draw fouls on pumps a lot more. Would like to be able to get off non red contest shots on perimeter vs d. I have a big w/ hof mouse, pro touch, fearless, grace... and I can make all kinds of tiny bar shots w/ greens if I release right. I would like to see that w/ shooting, too, but yea the whole zen thing... still, it has to be able to be fixed somehow.

I wish you could lock hook or fade or decide that turning left you would fade and right you would hook, y'know.

Steal has to matter more as a rating. It has a lot to do with arm length, so maybe make it related to that (like you can't get over 50 steal w/ min arms)... 50 steal is enough, 60 is GGGGGG. Anything more is just gimme the ball whether pass lane or on ball.

Maybe make two steals, a pass one that isn't as limited by arm length and a reach one that is.

-Smak
Old 06-21-2022, 10:09 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

*Help Defense! The modern NBA game is all about creating an advantage and then drive and kick. Very little reason to kick when no help rotates. So 2K has to cheat or provide overly hard on ball defence to avoid exposing terrible defensive help/rotations.
*PNR Defence. This is largely related to the above problem. But if a Big drops there shouldn’t be an easy bucket at the rim. Too often in this game a PNR gets an uncontested shot at the rim.
*Transition Game. 2K has a poor fast break system. Too difficult to get out, run and get a numbers advantage.
*Play Calling. Current 2K system is still rooted in single player play calls. I’d like to see common sets added to a simple call. Stuff like a staggered screen, high post Chicago action with quicker DHO, etc. It would be nice to call a set and not have it geared to a specific player/position. We have old basic calls like Floppy available but we need more options to use and customize a quick play call menu.
*Working sliders and defensive options.
Old 06-21-2022, 11:24 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

- body types for almost every player is wrong, specially classic players (SHAQ, PERK and more)
- arms length look super weird for a lot of players
- more pull ups and hop jumpers animations, (in 2k14 we had 38 pullups and 26 hop jumpers
animations!!!) also they look very stiff and unnatural
- more rebounds animations, specially more two hands rebounds for bigs (it's super weird to see player
like Joker with the same animations like Curry)
- fix hook shoots animations, most of them look extremely weird and unnatural
- fix help D and PNR for CPU
- fix AI for CPU by total, the choices made by individual players controlled by CPU are terrible!!!
- fix fast break
- fix Subs logic for CPU, players with 2 fouls in the first quarter, should be out of the game (never happens)
- give us more options for for coach settings in the roster edit menu like freelances to run, and which players should the cpu look for like 2k17

Last edited by dvir10; 06-21-2022 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:29 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvir10
- body types for almost every player is wrong, specially classic players (SHAQ, PERK and more)
- arms length look super weird for a lot of players
- more pull ups and hop jumpers animations, (in 2k14 we had 38 pullups and 26 hop jumpers
animations!!!) also they look very stiff and unnatural
- more rebounds animations, specially more two hands rebounds for bigs (it's super weird to see player
like Joker with the same animations like Curry)
- fix hook shoots animations, most of them look extremely weird and unnatural
- fix help D and PNR for CPU
- fix AI for CPU by total, the choices made by individual players controlled by CPU are terrible!!!
- fix fast break
- fix Subs logic for CPU, players with 2 fouls in the first quarter, should be out of the game (never happens)
- give us more options for for coach settings in the roster edit menu like freelances to run, and which players should the cpu look for like 2k17
Shoulder width and wingspan specifically? I feel I'm pretty good at those when creating players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2022, 01:40 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
Shoulder width and wingspan specifically? I feel I'm pretty good at those when creating players.
I was talking about real players... the wingspan and shoulder width for created players is solid because we have full control of it...
But thanks for remind another point for the wishlist:
Create player menu is the same for 4 years in a row!! (Except few hairstyles). We need more options, more hairstyles, more head shapes, more brows, more facial hair styles and more skin tone colors...2k22 at launch brought us 24 eyebrows to choose from( and believe me, eyebrows can really make the difference), after the second or third patch they went back to f****** 8 again (exactly like the three years before) I really wonder how nobody said anything about this absurd move by them.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:00 PM   #23
Rookie

-Dribble hand offs being smoother, more dynamic, etc.

-momentum jumpers aka leaners (fading to the side) being less wild and ugly (lol) then they are now. I feel like there's only 2 or 3 animations and EVERY player has that same damn one where they bend their knees back. The "double leg-pump jumpers" someone called them lol. So damn ugly. The best players still square up in the mid range while momentum is taking them left or right

-floaters need to be faster. The whole point of a floater irl is to stop your shot from being blocked. In the game they take so long they're always blocked

-AI coaches making more adjustments. There's all these defensive adjustments that user can make. Boxes and elbows, force pass, force jumper, etc. Have AI use these but INTELLIGENTLY

-hire someone, preferably from OS, preferably from ATD team to GET TENDENCIES RIGHT. there's no way that right now, these are based on anything other than someone's guesses lol. No way they are deep diving or looking at evidence for tendencies

-more missed open shots, more made contested shots.

-there is SO MUCH damn data out there about basketball and each individual player. USE IT! For example x player makes wide open corner 3s at Y percentage. Or player B makes contested mid range jumpers (nearest defender <2 ft away) at x percentage. Madden is beginning to use this stuff. It's time for 2K

There's a lot more but i have things to do now, maybe i add on more later
Old 06-25-2022, 02:06 PM   #24
Rookie

Oh here's another one.

More playbook flexibility especially in franchise. The ability to put individual plays in an order for a specific player. Instead of the way it is now where you pick a play type and they order themselves. If that makes sense

And especially being able to assign every team a freelance.

Also make it to where you can edit a coaches profile and assign them a playbook/freelance. So if they get hired by another team they'll change the system. Is this the case already? Not sure lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »