Home

NBA 2k23 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2k23 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2022, 06:39 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k23 Wishlist

"The top 4 teams from each conference are seeded in their respective conference based on record; the top 2 teams from each conference get a bye."

This rule change for MyNBA was in 2K21, but is absent in 2K22. I'd love to see them add it back in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2022, 08:15 PM   #26
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
-Dribble hand offs being smoother, more dynamic, etc.

-momentum jumpers aka leaners (fading to the side) being less wild and ugly (lol) then they are now. I feel like there's only 2 or 3 animations and EVERY player has that same damn one where they bend their knees back. The "double leg-pump jumpers" someone called them lol. So damn ugly. The best players still square up in the mid range while momentum is taking them left or right

-floaters need to be faster. The whole point of a floater irl is to stop your shot from being blocked. In the game they take so long they're always blocked

-AI coaches making more adjustments. There's all these defensive adjustments that user can make. Boxes and elbows, force pass, force jumper, etc. Have AI use these but INTELLIGENTLY

-hire someone, preferably from OS, preferably from ATD team to GET TENDENCIES RIGHT. there's no way that right now, these are based on anything other than someone's guesses lol. No way they are deep diving or looking at evidence for tendencies

-more missed open shots, more made contested shots.

-there is SO MUCH damn data out there about basketball and each individual player. USE IT! For example x player makes wide open corner 3s at Y percentage. Or player B makes contested mid range jumpers (nearest defender <2 ft away) at x percentage. Madden is beginning to use this stuff. It's time for 2K

There's a lot more but i have things to do now, maybe i add on more later

Great points. The weird thing about the 2K rosters is that they did hire the (at the time) best OS custom roster maker to help with their default roster, but the rosters have been the same random crap that they were before the hire. Idk who’s fully in charge of rosters and tendencies at 2K but they are literally just not doing their job. How can they mess up to such an extent that EVERY YEAR not only does the AI not realistically represent individual players or teams accurately, but also the sim engine always gives weird stats and team results as well.

You’d think that at least 1, gameplay or sim results, would be representative of real life tendencies. The fact that neither is shows that they’re really not even checking their work and just throwing up numbers they think sound good on paper.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:13 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 8

I can't believe I'm just now thinking of this. It suddenly came to mind as something I could really use to benefit my upcoming roster. Why shouldn't we have the ability to export player DNA and insert them into created draft classes?

Or do we have that ability? It makes a ton of sense and would make MyLeague so much better for retro rosters and continuation toward future seasons.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:42 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Cross gen Roster sharing. Nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-28-2022, 12:40 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
I can't believe I'm just now thinking of this. It suddenly came to mind as something I could really use to benefit my upcoming roster. Why shouldn't we have the ability to export player DNA and insert them into created draft classes?

Or do we have that ability? It makes a ton of sense and would make MyLeague so much better for retro rosters and continuation toward future seasons.
Yeah I'm pretty sure you can already do this. I like to take scanned faces of legends or classic team playersor scrubs I'm not too familiar with and import them on generated draft prospects. Adds a bit more immersion for me
Old 06-28-2022, 10:48 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
Yeah I'm pretty sure you can already do this. I like to take scanned faces of legends or classic team playersor scrubs I'm not too familiar with and import them on generated draft prospects. Adds a bit more immersion for me
Really? I'm not sure I was specific enough. What I meant was simply exporting the player DNA of any given player and simply placing them into a draft class that you create on your own. How is this physically done step by step?
Old 07-01-2022, 04:23 PM   #31
MVP

Performance Mode with 120fps gameplay, cut scenes & replays! This is a must! All sports games need to have this option going forward! Going from 60fps gameplay to 30fps cut scenes & replays is jarring! We need this 2K!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2022, 01:36 AM   #32
Just started!

This may not be a big deal,but for draft classes/cap creator. Add G-League Ignite as an option for school/country. There have been 6 players drafted from the g league in the last 2 drafts. Also I didn't notice it but it would be great if the draft in myNBA would feature the commissioner announcing the names at the podium like in the real draft. I know this feature was in 7th gen 2ks. haven't seen it since. Only in mycareer which is a bummer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »