Home

NBA 2k23 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2k23 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2022, 11:45 AM   #33
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k23 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Great points. The weird thing about the 2K rosters is that they did hire the (at the time) best OS custom roster maker to help with their default roster, but the rosters have been the same random crap that they were before the hire.
This has baffled me for a long time now because bedwardsroy was amazing at making rosters back in the day, so much so that it’s already saved in the little word thing on apple when I typed it, showing how much I used to look his stuff up on here. He was so detailed on accessories, tendencies, attributes etc that there’s no way they have him fully in charge of default rosters on 2K.
Old 07-04-2022, 07:04 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 8

Now that I have finally finished making rosters and am ready to play the game, does anyone know if 2K22 has become any more acceptable for having CPU teams in MyNBA as opposed to controlling all teams? Or is controlling all teams still mandatory for a halfway good experience in MyNBA?
Old 07-06-2022, 01:43 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

Likely never going to happen, but they should have the tech to have some kind of flow of the game AI coaching adjustments. If a player on the bench or a certain lineup is working the CPU should know to use that lineup instead of just going off of players needing certain amount of minutes.

It is dumb now that the coach always goes to the starting line up at the end of the game. No team has 5 guys that are locked in like that, if the 6th man or a guy 7-9 is hot on offense or making defensive plays they would use them in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2022, 01:54 AM   #36
MVP

Help defense.
Old 07-06-2022, 03:39 AM   #37
Rookie

Sheitan's Arena

Hey 2k community, as you may know the MyNBA mode is full of bugs and features that are not working well (trading badges for staff, the overall trading system) therefore in my opinion it needs a slight rework with the recommendations below :

MyNBA :
- trade engine complete review
(currently the CPU just do trade based on values. I would rather have hardcoded strategies like "big 3", "making space for the future FA", "get rid of expensive contract at whatever price",.. because currently there is no smart thinking from the CPU and no long term decision)
- including the buyout system into MyNBA
- smarter FA (CPU should build teams accordingly to their weaknesses and game style and not sign 3-4 centers)
- progression/regression of badges to be changed (maybe linked to YtD season performance?)
- player moral evolution to be reviewed
- more clarification on coaches buff/debuff
- smarter CPU coaches rotations (thanks to simplification of players positions, only guards, forward and centers)
- Smarter players choices during FA. They can sign at the minimum for a contender or choose to join a friend in a specific team

Roster Creation :
- multiplatform roster edition
- save/share/import playbooks
- playbooks edition: ability to set the associated freelance
- playbooks : add some plays which aim to create isolation mismatch
- all badges available through the quick edit
- ability to set up in-game defensive strategies for each coach (switch, drop, ...) and not only during game

Players tendencies (for a smarter CPU):
- add midrange floater tendency
- add deep 3 tendency (spot up & drive)
- add sizeup stepback3 shot tendency (to replicate the Harden stepback 3 which is now widely used in the NBA)
- add fake layup tendency (fake layup during drive = Jimmy Butler)

In-game & Physics :
- smarter CPU defenders allocation and not only PG vs PG, SG vs SG and so on (maybe just by simplifying positions with only guard, forward and center?)
- correct the speed bug where tallers players are running faster without ball with low speed values (yt video)
- more TO and more fouls
Old 07-06-2022, 09:40 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Help defense.
Its just that simple. So much room for improvement in that area of the game coming off the past 2 iterations.

And its not even like on ball defense is in that much better position with the lack of foot planting in 2K22
Old 07-06-2022, 10:09 AM   #39
Rookie

Best advice I can give this year is to create an unpatched 2K23 file on an external hard drive. Too many years the gameplay has been great at launch only for it to be patched to high hell because of myCareer whiners and cheesers. I recommend those who enjoy the gameplay at launch to do the same as me.
Old 07-06-2022, 10:42 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

All I want is offline MyPlayer...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »