Home

NBA 2K22 vs 2K23 pics (Jordan + WNBA)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 vs 2K23 pics (Jordan + WNBA) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2022, 10:23 AM   #9
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K22 vs 2K23 pics (Jordan + WNBA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeDropped81
Am I tripping or do these screens kinda give off that soft motion picture 2k14 movie lighting?

Example
Was this from the XB1/PS4 version of the game? I never played the console version; but if so that looks real doggone good for a game in 2013.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:54 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Something feels way off on the neck/shoulder area to me. Maybe it's too thick, not long enough, idk but I keep seeing MJ's face (big improvement) on what looks like it would be Eric Gordon's upper body lol.
Old 07-07-2022, 01:16 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Something feels way off on the neck/shoulder area to me. Maybe it's too thick, not long enough, idk but I keep seeing MJ's face (big improvement) on what looks like it would be Eric Gordon's upper body lol.
It's because the shoulders don't "droop" down enough. Look at the shoulders of NBA 2K23 Rookie Jordan vs his actual photo. Where his traps are at and then the shoulders are just below his traps in real life. On the game his shoulders and traps are level which they shouldn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2022, 01:27 PM   #12
MVP

Here’s Booker. Keep in mind the improvements to him are because he finally got a new scan so this isn’t a good graphical comparison. It’s clear the body types are identical to 2K22.

One thing that’s kind of worrisome is the colors look sliiiightly more washed out, or am I just seeing things? I wouldn’t think much of it but 2K22 did such a job of adding more saturation and darkening the ultra washed colors of 2K21, I’d hate to see them going backwards there. But the colors at least seem to look good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F0D54247-9C18-4AB3-886B-B343E6F61882.jpeg (173.7 KB, 383 views)
Old 07-07-2022, 03:24 PM   #13
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

Booker looks much better and the body types does look improved also.

Want to see Tatum, Smart, & Anthon Edwards they didn't look themselves in 2k22

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 07-07-2022, 03:29 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Here’s Booker. Keep in mind the improvements to him are because he finally got a new scan so this isn’t a good graphical comparison. It’s clear the body types are identical to 2K22.

One thing that’s kind of worrisome is the colors look sliiiightly more washed out, or am I just seeing things? I wouldn’t think much of it but 2K22 did such a job of adding more saturation and darkening the ultra washed colors of 2K21, I’d hate to see them going backwards there. But the colors at least seem to look good.
Yup, seems we're back to washed out. However, IF this is to make the classic look - with filter - more accurate and looked a bit washed out then I'm all for it. It seems that colour, hue, saturation, etc. is not just a case of picking and applying the right colour but rather they pick a certain look and have to fit everything within a certain range. Kind of like picking a colour scheme in a Photoshop like software, a palette if you will.
Old 07-07-2022, 04:36 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Was this from the XB1/PS4 version of the game? I never played the console version; but if so that looks real doggone good for a game in 2013.
Yup! Extremely impressive. No other 2k from that generation came close to this level of visuals. Id even argue that it looks better than 2k21 (PS5 version)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2022, 04:45 PM   #16
Banned

Yup it’s definitely the lighting that has changed. 2k has gone back to that soft movie-esque 2k14 lighting…but in a less dramatic way

And for those of y’all with concerns over washed out colors. This can easily be corrected by just turning up the contrast on TV

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »