Home

I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

This is a discussion on I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #137
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacialJones
i know the basketball terms so... i dont really appreciate your tone. i was just asking a question... but there's also a difference between playing off ball during pick & roll and situations then playing off ball in every instance.. in my humble opinion i looked at it as lack of stick skills. ive played off ball during some pick and roll but i myself am more of a physical defender, i want to play you on an angle stop where ever your going and switch where ever the ball goes. but i understand what the terms are and the like sir.. thank you but thats neither here nor there. just wanted to see what fellas thought not trying to knock any at all.
Its all good bro, it wasn't meant to be offensive. Just let me say, how am I supposed to know your knowledge of basketball? A lot of people are on these boards, some with and some without true knowledge of the game. So again, I apologize if you took offense to it.

Either way though, its still not cheese. You might believe it to be 'weak' or 'lacking' of stick skills, its not, its just a different approach than what you would take. (Again this is under the assumption that the other player is playing realistically)
Old 10-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #138
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
Just for arguments sake; if you know what they are going to do, doesn't that make it easier to stop?

The defense is there this year.
To play devil's advocate, there still are some things that you cannot stop even when you know they are coming. On offense, you really can't 'stop' the steal abusers per se, but you can use the protect ball (press Y on 360) and when they reach just spin the other way by them for what's usually an open lane to the basket.

On defense you really can only do but so much if a guy just wants to jack 3s on you, he will jack and have semi-decent success. I generally do agree that things like abusing the paint can be stopped this year, but there's still teams/players (D-Wade, Bron, Kobe) who can overcome perfect D. You might say that's real, but I don't think that it's real that LeBron can run around, drive through the entire D, and make shots.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #139
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
No off ball d isnt cheese, infact a good defensive player will stay off ball in screens and passes, and lock up his man that just passed the ball beffore switching off.
If you play off ball the whole game yeah it is cheesey but this year if you let the computer D You up then just shoot over the defender, its easier to hit a shot on cpu then the human..to me it is.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 10-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #140
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
To play devil's advocate, there still are some things that you cannot stop even when you know they are coming. On offense, you really can't 'stop' the steal abusers per se, but you can use the protect ball (press Y on 360) and when they reach just spin the other way by them for what's usually an open lane to the basket.

Don't even need to answer since you already did for me.

On defense you really can only do but so much if a guy just wants to jack 3s on you, he will jack and have semi-decent success. I generally do agree that things like abusing the paint can be stopped this year, but there's still teams/players (D-Wade, Bron, Kobe) who can overcome perfect D. You might say that's real, but I don't think that it's real that LeBron can run around, drive through the entire D, and make shots.

Agreed, but again that's because that the other player is playing unrealistically. Even then you should be able to create some contact and force misses
Your not going to get a 'good' game by playing randoms and I know you know that, so shouldn't it really be a moot point? We can't make the game something other than what it is. As much as we would like it to be even more realistic, its just not at that point yet. So play with people that are going to play like you and bypass all of that nonsense that takes place on ranked games.

Spamming the steal button is overboard on ranked games due to the lack of fouls, as it is for all other modes since we can't change sliders. But on AS or SS SIM vs mode, there are definite reaches called.

Last edited by chia51; 10-21-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #141
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
If you play off ball the whole game yeah it is cheesey but this year if you let the computer D You up then just shoot over the defender, its easier to hit a shot on cpu then the human..to me it is.
It is, 2k said in one of the insights that you are penalized for playing off ball D as the cpu wont generate as high of a shot contest result compared to a human defender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #142
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm on now if anyone wants a game.

Rematch Chia?
Old 10-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #143
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I'm on now if anyone wants a game.

Rematch Chia?
Lets get this poppin'
Old 10-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #144
Banned

OVR: 10

On the off/on ball D front. As long as the game passes the eye test (ie looks like a TV broadcast of a real game 90% of the time) then I don't have a problem with someone playing off ball. If a guy decides he wants to personally attend to my best player himself the whole game or whatever, more power to him. If I'm seeing centers and power forwards running around like headless chickens and constant random double teams then I have a problem.

As long as the video game looks like basketball I'm cool. A man can play however he wants if thats what the final product looks like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Online »