Home

I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

This is a discussion on I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Online
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #217
Mid-Range Mamba

iceberg760's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

xbox gt: iceberg760

I run with the Thunder, Jazz, Pacers....

Murrieta, CA

--- 12 min/HOF/Sim ---
GT: Rap Junkie951 // PSN: Crown_n_Smoke

Last edited by iceberg760; 11-13-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #218
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

I'm completely done playing Blueprint man. He comes up with the most bogus excuses man...

First it was the fact that I was hitting turn-around and fadeaways with David West too much...I'm like..."For real dude? Really? So you want me to not shoot fadeaways and turnarounds because I'm making them? Get out of here....

Now...he's saying I use the post spin too much? Why am I using it in the first place? Because it's working and he can't defend it. Richmo and chia have no problems negating me when I use the post spin. Either anticipate it, or play the entry pass to stop it...why the hell would your first response to it be "Stop doing the post spin"? With your sorry *** defenders? Hell naw I'm not stopping.

Get out of here. Just because I have better stick skills then you (In terms of the post game) you wanna whine and try to persuade me to do something else? Why? Force me to adjust. That's what good players do.

@Richmo and Chia

Is what I'm saying not right? Is that not what your supposed to do on defense? Take away the post game if it's working for your opponent? Am I cheese? Because that's exactly what this dude called me. A cheesehead. Dude has me fuming right now man
Old 11-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #219
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I'm completely done playing Blueprint man. He comes up with the most bogus excuses man...

First it was the fact that I was hitting turn-around and fadeaways with David West too much...I'm like..."For real dude? Really? So you want me to not shoot fadeaways and turnarounds because I'm making them? Get out of here....

Now...he's saying I use the post spin too much? Why am I using it in the first place? Because it's working and he can't defend it. Richmo and chia have no problems negating me when I use the post spin. Either anticipate it, or play the entry pass to stop it...why the hell would your first response to it be "Stop doing the post spin"? With your sorry *** defenders? Hell naw I'm not stopping.

Get out of here. Just because I have better stick skills then you (In terms of the post game) you wanna whine and try to persuade me to do something else? Why?Force me to adjust. That's what good players do.

@Richmo and Chia

Is what I'm saying not right? Is that not what your supposed to do on defense? Take away the post game if it's working for your opponent? Am I cheese? Because that's exactly what this dude called me. A cheesehead. Dude has me fuming right now man
I feel ya Duke... its called basketball, if your opponent only has one option or one strategy, then it should be easy(ier) to stop or slow down your opponent, I just don't get some guys sometimes.

@Richmo, he consistently gives me beatdowns and I mean serious beatdowns. Sure I get mad but that is because I am competitive (too much so). I seemingly never match up well against Richmo so far and its mainly due to him just being better than me.

@Duke, we have had nothing but good battles (minus the first game we played iirc, i think that one was a blowout again iirc) for example the last time we played, I played tight on your shooters (due to our game before, where you light me up with Thornton from deep) to keep that from happening again, so you started driving on me and that worked well for you.

Its called strategy, game-planning, knowing your opponent... but its still basketball no matter how you play it.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #220
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Get out of here. Just because I have better stick skills then you (In terms of the post game) you wanna whine and try to persuade me to do something else? Why? Force me to adjust. That's what good players do.

@Richmo and Chia

Almost the exact same thing happened to me buddy. After my playoffs are over in my OA, we gotta run another. Always a good game. You definately aren't a cheesehead. Some people just don't know basketball.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #221
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

@Richmo and Chia

DukeC you are garbage as hell, you call doing constant post spin and up and unders stick skills...?? Like seriously man who the hell cant do that. You did the same up and under with Mike Beasley like 5 times straight and the same with post spinning with Darko of all people. I could have stopped you easily, but that's not the point. The point is that you were willing to abuse the spin regardless. Your game is so limited it's ridiculous. I rather not play you again so leave it that.

I'm so sorry DukeC i forgot how much stick skill it takes to do a post spin and up and unders..LMAO
I'm not even going to go into what you tried to do with Westley Johnson.

Pared, AllstarDon, DeuceAllmighty and ECworldwide are the only dudes on here that i know of that know how to play and not abuse every aspect. The rest of you and not mentioning names, need to reevaluate yourselves.

Every complaint i have had since being apart of this thread has been about the same thing, people who abuse certain moves. I could have came on here and made a post about it, but i didn't.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 11-21-2011 at 02:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #222
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
DukeC you are garbage as hell, you call doing constant post spin and up and unders stick skills...?? Like seriously man who the hell cant do that. You did the same up and under with Mike Beasley like 5 times straight and the same with post spinning with Darko of all people. I could have stopped you easily, but that's not the point. The point is that you were willing to abuse the spin regardless. Your game is so limited it's ridiculous. I rather not play you again so leave it that.

I'm so sorry DukeC i forgot how much stick skill it takes to do a post spin and up and unders..LMAO
I'm not even going to go into what you tried to do with Westley Johnson.

Pared, AllstarDon, DeuceAllmighty and ECworldwide are the only dudes on here that i know of that know how to play and not abuse every aspect. The rest of you and not mentioning names, need to reevaluate yourselves.

Every complaint i have had since being apart of this thread has been about the same thing, people who abuse certain moves. I was actually e this time, i could have came on here and mad a post about it, but i didn't.
Okay...question. How is using the post spin abuse? The dudes I use post spins with all have either "Good" or at least "Average". I've looked at every big man's rating on every single team. I know what I'm doing in the post, and what they're good at. Combined with horrible defense I'm going to play to their strengths. Playing in the post and driving is what I do. My favorite team (Kings) isn't a team that has good shooters, so you're not going to see me take a lot of mid range jumpers. That is just inefficient (From playing with the Kings) and I'm not going to do them just to do them. I only take mid range jumpers when I've created some space or I'm wide open. Otherwise I'm going to take it to the rim with dudes that are proficient at..guess what? Taking it to the rim. I'm going to funnel my offense through the big man because...guess what? That's where my offensive possession starts. If you had been playing defense, double teaming, playing the entry pass, not letting me get post position...if you had been doing any of those things then I could see your point. You did NONE of those. If you see your opponent killing you in the post...why are you still letting me play 1 on 1 in the post? Adjust man. That's all you have to do. You refused to, so I kept doing what I was doing because YOU kept letting me do it. Plain. AND. Simple.

Beasley has just as good of a post game as Kobe. Why would I not put him down there to do work? It's called taking advantage of a mismatch. You didn't want to take away the post, so I kept going to it.That's like getting mad at someone who decides to drive to the rack because you left the lane open. It's not hard. Cut off the angle, and you stop the drive. If you keep letting them go to the rim without first adjusting your defense that's all on you. The same principle is applied to the post game. If I keep spinning to the same side...STOP IT. It's not that hard. Bring an extra help defender. Play off ball if you have to. Hell, strip me with the PG while I'm trying to back down. Basketball is a game of adjustments. If you refuse to adjust, that means you don't have the right to complain about somebody else who keeps doing the same thing.

The only thing I'll ask you to do is stop calling people cheesers who clearly aren't as apparently you ,sir, are in the minority. Have a nice day.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #223
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I agree with duke, before coming in this thread and accusing anyone of cheese, you must evaluate your own play first. I have played duke twice, 1st game he killed me in the post, the 2nd game remembered his post game and shut it down with doubles, traps, and just bodying up the side he prefers to move to. and he absolutely has a side he prefers. I wont divulge what side that is but knowing an opponents tendency makes it easier to stop because you can anticipate. Bottom line is, There hasnt been a cheeser amongst this list that I have played against, I have played all guys who have their own strengths and play styles, but noone abuses any exploits other than exploiting someones failure to adjust.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #224
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

I thought this day would never come, and I am glad this is being addressed. I have played about 50 percent of the people on this forum. Sometimes I lose and sometimes I win, but I never cry cheese. I keep everything positive so I won't mention any names, but we have some sensitive people on this forum. I have lost games to people, and they complain that I score too many points in the paint when they crowd shooters and don't double down low. I have had people whine when I make too many threes, when they sag off of the shooters. I have people whine that I make too many midrange jumpers, when they don't play on ball d.

I have played blueprint, and I don't have a problem with him. However, I think 2k12 is a good enough game where playing styles and strategies are not cheese and should not be frowned upon. Especially, when the game is 12 minute quarters. Things seem to even out over 48. If you don't like a person's playing style then don't play them again.

I have had someone call me a chesser, and then the next day they challenge me to another game. People get in their feelings when they lose or barely win. In my opinion it is unreasonable to tell another man what style he should play. Most of the time people do this just to ensure that they win, and/or are in control of how the game flows. SMH. I think everyone should just enjoy the game, and be positive towards one another.

I am still looking to play against Chia, and DukeC since they seem to be regulars.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Online »