Home

***TOMBA 2K9***

This is a discussion on ***TOMBA 2K9*** within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: ***TOMBA 2K9***(2Kshare Link coming soon...)

hey bro. by reading all that it looks like these rosters are the best out there. any idea on when they will be out so i can start(and finish lol) an assosiation
Old 11-19-2008, 11:19 AM   #10
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
EX: if i set the dribbling attribute of a player to 99 say and give that player BIGMAN 1(LOL) he's STILL gonna dribble like a BIGMAN and he's still gonna dribble at the speed of his top speed9which would determine his "go-around moves"...
Yea but my point is, his dribbling rating determines how often he will LOSE the ball.

Example, when I do my ratings I incorporate turnovers when I assign hands/handles ratings (which I give each player the same for both). Last season a player like Trevor Ariza didn't turn the ball over much. He had a good HANDS rating (from 82 games.com). So he had a high hands/handles rating.

But he isn't someone known for being able to BREAK down the defender to create a shot for himself. I gave him one of the Bigman packages because of this. He didn't LOSE the ball much but he didn't have any flashy dribbling capabilities
Old 11-19-2008, 11:22 AM   #11
DC
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Point guards will generally have a top speed of only this (81,86,96 and the Chris Paul inspired 99)
Shooting guards will have(76,81,86,and 91 AT a push)
Power forwards have (71,76,81 with 86 reserved for some...)
Small forwards can have(76,81,86)
Centers have(61,66,71,76 at a push)

and they are always those number by one and by an increment of 5. Thats what i've tested that works.

this along with the slider settings makes every player on the court move like they do in real life. And I'm not talking RATING wise I'm talking game engine tweak so that it LOOKS right.
Ok I have to look more into this because I want to see how it plays. It sounds real interesting. I would group AI with the PG's because of size though but the concept is something that I can appreciate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #12
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Yea but my point is, his dribbling rating determines how often he will LOSE the ball.

Example, when I do my ratings I incorporate turnovers when I assign hands/handles ratings (which I give each player the same for both). Last season a player like Trevor Ariza didn't turn the ball over much. He had a good HANDS rating (from 82 games.com). So he had a high hands/handles rating.

But he isn't someone known for being able to BREAK down the defender to create a shot for himself. I gave him one of the Bigman packages because of this. He didn't LOSE the ball much but he didn't have any flashy dribbling capabilities
So IN the NBA you think guys LOSE their dribble THAT much...how many teams would you say in game(in a real life game say) Because what i see in this game with my edit AT 8 minutes are steals and passes being broken up and defending that stops the dribble. I do not see some guy just dribbling and then loosing control of his dribble to the point that it goes into the crowd.

i mean what i'm trying to get at low ballhandling skills mean that alayer would lose the ball IF he dribbled like some crazied acrobat(LOL) But in all honesty i never saw SHAQ(bad example cuz he's on his way out) or anyboday else for that matter with low dribble ratings try a break ankles...

All in All though the NBA games a differant animal now. big guys are fast and CAN dribble. And rarely in this game or in the nba game do you see BIG bring up the ball dribbling. their either getting into position of being part of the pick.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:33 AM   #13
DC
Hall Of Fame

Yea but the issue isn't just turnover NUMBERS, it is number of non STEAL turnovers. Yea you can easily crank up the steals and get more steals to boost the number of turnovers, but that was never the issue with 2K.

The issue has been LACK of non-steal turnover. (charges, dropped passes, lost handles). That needs to happen more in the game because it practically NEVER happens now. And with Hands at 50 and handles at 100 I am pretty sure it will never happen

Don't think I am knocking you either man. I am just trying to have some good discussion
Old 11-19-2008, 11:34 AM   #14
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Ok I have to look more into this because I want to see how it plays. It sounds real interesting. I would group AI with the PG's because of size though but the concept is something that I can appreciate.
yeah well ultimately it's about "cheating' the game engine. NOT trying to have the best "ratings" because that's kinda not the point. My work on NBA Live is evidence of this. you have to think really outside of the box like these NCAA sliders that did nothing and work off of that. and if THAT exthe NCAA 09 football one) isn't evidence enough that sliders can be screwy because even then a company goes and fixes it in a patch LOl then....
Old 11-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #15
DC
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
i mean what i'm trying to get at low ballhandling skills mean that alayer would lose the ball IF he dribbled like some crazied acrobat(LOL) But in all honesty i never saw SHAQ(bad example cuz he's on his way out) or anyboday else for that matter with low dribble ratings try a break ankles...

All in All though the NBA games a differant animal now. big guys are fast and CAN dribble. And rarely in this game or in the nba game do you see BIG bring up the ball dribbling. their either getting into position of being part of the pick.
Take someone like Dwight Howard for example. He is a TURNOVER MACHINE. ( http://www.82games.com/0708/07ORL16A.HTM )

He loses many balls because he doesn't know how to play against the double team, he throws many bad passes out of the double team as well. Yes he isn't trying to DRIBBLE up the court and do spin moves, but he is losing the ball because he is dribbling too much in the post and that guard is digging down causing a turnover. That happens often, not just with Big Howard

Another thing that 2K lacks is bad passes. Unless you are throwing a long full court pass or are trying to throw an oop or unless you are throwing it to a roll man off of the pick there aren't any BAD passes. There aren't any passing turnovers in this game. That is another area that needs work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #16
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Yea but the issue isn't just turnover NUMBERS, it is number of non STEAL turnovers. Yea you can easily crank up the steals and get more steals to boost the number of turnovers, but that was never the issue with 2K.

The issue has been LACK of non-steal turnover. (charges, dropped passes, lost handles). That needs to happen more in the game because it practically NEVER happens now. And with Hands at 50 and handles at 100 I am pretty sure it will never happen

Don't think I am knocking you either man. I am just trying to have some good discussion

That's cool man I welcome it but I also lean on the side of "nonsense". Meaning the way I get things to work is usually unconventionally. But it has results and thats all that matters to me though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »