Home

Spacing and floor real estate

This is a discussion on Spacing and floor real estate within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Spacing and floor real estate

Since there is no available option for hex editing for PS3, and also since the Xbox version looks a whole lot better us PS3 users are kinda screwed for decent roster sets. I realize ffaacc and Rashidi are doing their thing, but that seems to be taking a while, and that's nobody's fault. Also I can't help but notice some people (myself included) that the spacing issues are still there.

As I read the roster forums I can't help but notice KG#5 and Giants4Natic roster threads. The responses seem overwhelmingly good. Gratz to you guys, and I am sure your work is appreciated. One huge issue for me is realism, and a part of that is spacing. I read that spacing and tendencies are quite good with these roster files. Any idea if it can be reproduced on the PS3 via tendencies or playbooks, and what are some fixes you might suggest.

I would love to figure this out. Any help at all would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Spacing and floor real estate

The first thing you should edit are the playbooks and let me tell you it's very long to find the right set for each players.

The best example is Miami because almost every sets in the playbooks list for this team are wrong. In real life the Heat does a lot of Isolations and sometimes pick and roll. You should look for the sets that could include D-Wayde and CB4, or D-Wayde and LeBron, or CB4 and Lebron...

The next step is to edit the touches tendencies and it's hard to find the right balance between the superstars and the others so you must find a scale that allows superstars to score a lot of points but role players to get invovled too.

Then you edit the freelance tendencies and it's pretty easy. The main issue are the screens so you should lower this rating for each player. Then to prevent players running during the 24 seconds of your offensive plays, raise the spot up ratings. The more a player shoots from long distance the more his rating should be high.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Since there is no available option for hex editing for PS3, and also since the Xbox version looks a whole lot better us PS3 users are kinda screwed for decent roster sets. I realize ffaacc and Rashidi are doing their thing, but that seems to be taking a while, and that's nobody's fault. Also I can't help but notice some people (myself included) that the spacing issues are still there.

As I read the roster forums I can't help but notice KG#5 and Giants4Natic roster threads. The responses seem overwhelmingly good. Gratz to you guys, and I am sure your work is appreciated. One huge issue for me is realism, and a part of that is spacing. I read that spacing and tendencies are quite good with these roster files. Any idea if it can be reproduced on the PS3 via tendencies or playbooks, and what are some fixes you might suggest.

I would love to figure this out. Any help at all would be appreciated.

I would be willing to lend a hand to those who are on PS3 and need help building their own rosters which would not have Hex edits but will have all other aspects which improves game play and spacing.

Last edited by Giants4Natic; 03-21-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Thank you both so much for the help!

I have been slowly editing each and every player in just about every category up to and including dribbling animations since for no good reason they give guys like Bargnani pretty baller animations, and that's just wrong. It can also really change things up a bit as some animations aside from looking too playground work really really well, as opposed to others' I find are just bad.

I have only attempted teams I know very well since I see most of their games, and a few of their typical opponents. I am still stumped on plays though. Some just look slow and drawn out, or never really work. I find picks that are set up a long time before there is motion are a complete waste as I get two magic defenders that won't allow me room to breathe and with my team's spacing it gets congested.

So, I am willing to take suggestions or try to help amalgamate some plays/rosters etc, or just take some more kind advice. I can probably do a team or two a night with some help for sure.

Thanks all, and let me know via pm's or here when and what we can do, if anything.

Last edited by BegBy; 03-21-2011 at 05:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »