Home

Rating Formulas

This is a discussion on Rating Formulas within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 03-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Rating Formulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
There are plenty of sites (synergy-82games-hoopdata-etc) that track from where are the players shooting and with what %s. just use the info at hand.

Then again, it takes time.

Ya the problem for me is not the time. Its that it only goes back for 5 years. Not far enough back if you want to make Larry Bird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
If I am not mistaken, 2k default 3pt formula is based on:

(base of 40 + 3pt% + 3pts attempted)
=> SA - Bonner (40+50+3) = 93
=> BOS - Allen (40+46+5) = 91
=> NY - Williams (40+44+3) = 88
There could be slight differences due to rounded numbers.

Players with no attempts at all wont have the base, as well as players with close to none.
Nice post ffaacc03! I can add something more:

3PT -> Base 40 + % + Attempted
Medium -> Base 35 + % + Attempted
Inside -> % + Attempted

I created a very nice scale to edit all the players in the game but i've never had time to edit all of them and excluding 1 or 2 players for each team most of the ratings are very similar to Rashidi's.

If someone want to help me out in this project, it would be a pleasure to share my work.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDain
Nice post ffaacc03! I can add something more:

3PT -> Base 40 + % + Attempted
Medium -> Base 35 + % + Attempted
Inside -> % + Attempted

I created a very nice scale to edit all the players in the game but i've never had time to edit all of them and excluding 1 or 2 players for each team most of the ratings are very similar to Rashidi's.

If someone want to help me out in this project, it would be a pleasure to share my work.
What would Close shot be?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #28
Rookie

cdfeezy's Arena

OVR: 9

The OP has been updated.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:22 AM   #29
Rookie

Inside -> % + Attempted

The above forumla does not work. The Inside shot slider starts at 60. With what is here half the league would never see above 60. Something is missing.

How about this,

Inside shot---base 35 + %

This works really good.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #30
Rookie

Smile Re: Rating Formulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbbucsfan001
That's what I was thinking. I'm just getting some initial ratings down. These are anything but final. BTW probably done for the night.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NECRUUVX

@tbbucsfan001

This is great work. I did pretty much the same thing over all for my data. Z-scored everything to the ave and went from there. Took for every to figure and crunch the numbers. LOL.

You only have two little problems and its not your fault. You wont see them right off. I know I did not.

First one, you have to combine the 3-9 feet range data with the 10-15 feet range data to get your CLOSE SHOT RATING. In the game the 3-15 feet range is what the CLOSE SHOT RATING is for. The two are combined.

Second you have to take out the 3pt data from the 16-23 feet range data. In the game the MID SHOT RATING is only for the 16-22 feet range. The extra data messes up the the shooting % for this range.

I only found this out because I was using the same data for my shooting sliders. This is how I found out the data must be messed with for it to work. This is why the sim sliders are set the way they are. 2k used the same data but played with it. So you get this

Inside 45 = 60%
Close 45 = 45%
Mid 50 = 50%
3pt 45 = 35%

The above matches the 2009-2010 totals to a tee. But you have to play with some of the data so it matches the game when it comes to the shooting ranges. Took me 4 weeks to figure this out.

If you don't believe me go into My Player mode and see where the 4 ranges are for this game. It shows you right on screen.

Except for these 2 things your work is fantastic. The best I think I have seen yet.

I hope this helps out.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

35+% doesn't work, trust me.
I.E. Andrew Bynum is shooting 73.3% at the rim. 73+35=108

I created my ratings scale studying both Rashidi's and 2K Roster for NBA 2K09/2K10/2K11 for hours and it looks pretty solid, i just need someone to do what ffaacc is doing for rashidi and when i'll find him i will release a complete roster since i have all the datas in an Excel Spreadsheet.

Forgive if i'm not revealing all the forumula's here.

P.S. If someone wants to help in this project, just PM me. If you are a PS3 User, we can try to work together.

Last edited by KingDain; 03-24-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDain
35+% doesn't work, trust me.
I.E. Andrew Bynum is shooting 73.3% at the rim. 73+35=108

I created my ratings scale studying both Rashidi's and 2K Roster for NBA 2K09/2K10/2K11 for hours and it looks pretty solid, i just need someone to do what ffaacc is doing for rashidi and when i'll find him i will release a complete roster since i have all the datas in an Excel Spreadsheet.

Forgive if i'm not revealing all the forumula's here.

P.S. If someone wants to help in this project, just PM me. If you are a PS3 User, we can try to work together.

O I see, there is more to the formula. You are using the data from Hoopsdata.com. That would explain it. I was under the impression that you meant Over all FG%. My bad.

Ya it works great with the shooting location data from Hoopsdata.com

I myself have spent hours looking into this also. I have come to the same conclusion for the most part. Take what I said about the data in the above post about the Close and Mid range data. You have to do this for your ratings to come out right.

Sorry for the miss understanding.

Last edited by Timathie; 03-24-2011 at 12:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »