Home

The Real 2K12 Insider: Rashidi ...

This is a discussion on The Real 2K12 Insider: Rashidi ... within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Real 2K12 Insider: Rashidi ...

Are these rosters available on ps3 2kshare?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #82
Rookie

BroPeezy925's Arena

OVR: 1

Lol Monta Ellis overrated? I stopped reading there.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #83
Banned

amo13's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrSong
Wow... Did more of his team? I can't see how Wade tops Rose.

Rose was the best player on his team.
Rose was one of the best defenders on his team.
Without Rose, Chicago had no fluid offensive rhythm.

Wade played alongside LeBron. Yet they weren't able to match Chicago's win totals. Chicago also had their issues but Rose kept it together and played MVP all year long. Wade wasn't even the MVP of his team, LeBron is.

Wade is a stat-padder by nature. It is not a knock on him, because that's his gamestyle... much like LeBron. Can't blame why you are putting too much weight on stats.

Not to mention Wade is overrated by 2K in terms of defense.

last time i saw the miami heat play wade kept the heat in games in the finals where was LeBum at??? LeChoke was nowhere and i mean NOWHERE to be found in games 5 and 6 especially the 4th qtr in the whole series.....get your facts straight before you start talking out your ***
Old 10-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #84
Pro

OVR: 7

Honestly I dont think half of these guys actually watch bball. I know this thread has gotten off topic but it what way can anyone say that DRose is a dominant defensive PG? And on top of that use that to say he is better than Dwyane Wade. Wade is 6 4 and avgs a block a game. D'd up Kobe pretty good last year too. In the Conf Finals when Lebron was guarding DRose he didnt look that great. Im not taking anything away from DRose b/c he is an up and coming star but to put him in the same breath as DWade is str8 ludicrous...
Old 10-17-2011, 12:07 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
Honestly I dont think half of these guys actually watch bball. I know this thread has gotten off topic but it what way can anyone say that DRose is a dominant defensive PG? And on top of that use that to say he is better than Dwyane Wade. Wade is 6 4 and avgs a block a game. D'd up Kobe pretty good last year too. In the Conf Finals when Lebron was guarding DRose he didnt look that great. Im not taking anything away from DRose b/c he is an up and coming star but to put him in the same breath as DWade is str8 ludicrous...
Exactly about Rose. It was kind of funny how last year the Bulls had one of the best defenses in the league, but an average offense. The leader of that average offense was Rose, who became less and less efficient as the season went on. Meanwhile, he was one of the weakest links on that top-rated defense. The problem was he was basically crowned MVP mid-season because he was new blood and the best player on the team with the best record. To say he is on Wade's level based on last year, or any year so far for that matter, would be pretty much false.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 03:42 AM   #86
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10

Man D Rose is a monSTAR!! He hasnt been in the league long enough to be put on D.Wades level but you cant deny what that dude did.He's only in his third year and is puttin up boss numbers.

On the roster topic whats up with K.Irving haven such a large contract? 4years 64 mill?The rookie tops is like 5mill right?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #87
MVP

OVR: 33

Dear friends, we have had a good debate and we have expressed our opinions ... now lets try to keep this exclusively on topic ... for any further opinions or arguments, let us use the proper channels such as OS pms and the more direct channels of the author of these extracts (his blog & twitter comment sections) ... THANKS in advance.

Anyways, here is another entry:

Quote:
Sunday, October 16, 2011

NBA 2K12 Post Up Tendencies & Synergy Data

I've started the ground work on my player tendencies and have come across some disturbing trends among NBA 2K12's defaults. One thing I've noticed from watching and playing against the CPU in NBA 2K12 is that players post up much more than they do in real life. I've seen CPU Derrick Rose score twice in the post during a game, which is something he did twice ALL SEASON. Naturally the Post Up tendency was one of the first I wanted to check out.

Post Up data compiled from the highly recommended Synergy Sports.

Minutes = Regular Season + Playoffs

Dwight Howard
99 Tendency
1113 Post Ups (59.0% of Offense)
16.73 PU Per 48 Minutes (3193 Minutes)

Zach Randolph
98 Tendency
714 Post Ups (39.9% of Offense)
10.58 PU Per 48 Minutes (3239 Minutes)

These two players post up more than anyone else in the league. They are the bar for what a max rating should look like.

Amare Stoudemire
99 Tendency
246 Post Ups (12.0% of Offense)
3.93 PU Per 48 Minutes (3004 Minutes)

Amare Stoudemire posts up nowhere near as frequently yet he boasts an extremely high tendency (even higher than Randolph!)

Kwame Brown
94 Tendency
149 Post Ups (27.4% of Offense)
4.17 PU Per 48 Minutes (1714 Minutes)

I can understand a high tendency for Kwame since a great deal of his offense comes from the post. However since he is a low volume scorer one can also make a case for him to have a low tendency since the frequency of his offense being used is not so great (though still more frequent than Amare Stoudemire).

Jason Collins
6 Tendency
7 Post Ups (5.2% of Offense)
0.44 PU Per 48 Minutes (751 Minutes)

It would appear going with the per minute # might be more prudent because percentage-wise Collins is posting up half as much as Amare. Ultimately it depends on how other tendencies (specifically Shot and Touch) affect the Post tendency.

It also appears that 6 is the minimum post tendency 2K gave out, which doesn't quite make sense to me since 1 or 0 is used for most other attributes. Collins certainly posts up more than say...

Derrick Rose
7 Tendency
9 Post Ups (0.3% of Offense)
0.11 PU Per 48 Minutes (3675 Minutes)

Rose has reportedly been working on his post game (although considering 2K rates all his post moves as "Good" why would he need to?) but until he starts showing it, even guys like Jason Collins should have higher tendencies.

D.J. Augustin
11 Tendency
0 Post Ups (0.0% of Offense)
0.00 PU Per 48 Minutes (2757 Minutes)

The diminutive Augustin never even posts up, yet boasts a higher tendency than the guy who inspired this post.

Kobe Bryant
98 Tendency
337 Post Ups (14.4% of Offense)
5.16 PU Per 48 Minutes (3133 Minutes)

Moving to the other side of the spectrum, Kobe posts up more than any other guard in the league. While he doesn't post up nearly as much as Zach Randolph, he does so much more than Amare Stoudemire.

LeBron James
97 Tendency
205 Post Ups (8.1% of Offense)
2.46 PU Per 48 Minutes (3985 Minutes)

LeBron posts up far more than he is given credit for (and is actually successful when he does so), but there is obviously no way he can justifiably have a similar tendency to Kobe.

Dwyane Wade
73 Tendency
145 Post Ups (6.0% of Offense)
1.90 PU Per 48 Minutes (3652 Minutes)

Wade's tendency might be a bit more realistic for LeBron. Until you consider that only 25 points separate Wade and Zach Randolph. Both Heat players need to be considerably lower. They are isolation players, not constant post threats!

Tyrus Thomas
15 Tendency
70 Post Ups (15.5% of Offense)

3.90 PU Per 48 Minutes (861 Minutes)

Tyrus posts up more than LeBron or Wade yet his Post tendency is only 4 points greater than Augustin. He posts up as frequently as Amare Stoudemire yet 84 points separate them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no rhyme or reason to this. These are so poorly done it's an open question as to whether 2K even used Synergy to determine their tendencies or if they simply went with "feel" and the "honest" eyeball. A Synergy subscription costs $30, which is half the price of one sold copy of NBA 2K. I shouldn't have to write this.

I am no statistician. This is a basic application of elementary math that even SAT cheaters like Derrick Rose and Lamar Odom could do. 2K Sports for whatever reason has chosen to ignore mathematics whilst touting itself as an NBA simulation. This is MIND BOGGLING.

Nitpicking these numbers does not make for a compelling read, nor is it very important to the average NBA 2K fan. However what IS important to the average NBA 2K fan is the gameplay and for the past few years 2K's abominable tendencies have greatly hindered that end. Rather than make improvements in these fields it seems like 2K is content with the status quo and then wondering why users complain once they get past the paid-off exclusive reviews (IGN) and find a buggy game that they paid 65 dollars to beta test.

(What other game in the world asks this of their fanbase year after year?)

As usual, roster editors have very much work to do.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 10-17-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #88
MVP

OVR: 33

And having identified one of the issues with 2k12, here is the subsecuent entry ...

Quote:
Monday, October 17, 2011

Real 2K Insider fixed the NBA 2K12 gameplay

I completed my tendencies last night for the New York Knicks and tested them in a CPU match. I was pleasantly surprised with the results.

In previous Knicks simulations Carmelo Anthony would take 30+ shots while Amare Stoudemire took about 10, and the rest of the team even less than that. Frustrating, because Melo and Amare had identical Shot & Touch tendencies (93 & 99 respectively). Melo would post up on nearly every possession. The reality is he isolates on 37% of his possessions (most in the league!) and posts up on only 13% of the time (a high mark for a SF, but certainly not every trip down the floor. Amare/Melo both prefer to face the basket and attack! The post ups (which is a league-wide problem) also drive down assist totals. This is a Mike D'Antoni team and passing for 3pt shots and pick & rolls are the name of the game!

Gameplay was set to Simulation setting. All-Star difficulty on 12 minute quarters.

PTS-REB-AST-STL-BLK-TO-MINS
Ronny Turiaf: 6-4-1-0-3-1-24 (3-4 FG)
Amare Stoudemire: 12-7-4-0-0-0-35 (4-11 FG, 4-6 FT)
Carmelo Anthony: 22-6-3-1-1-0-36 (7-15 FG, 3-5 3PT, 5-6 FT)
Landry Fields: 14-9-4-0-1-0-35 (5-11 FG, 2-6 3PT, 2-2 FT)
Chauncey Billups: 18-4-7-0-1-1-32 (7-12 FG, 3-7 3PT, 1-1 FT)
Toney Douglas: 10-3-0-1-2-2-21 (3-6 FG, 2-4 3PT, 2-2 FT)
Jared Jeffries: 8-1-0-0-0-0-16 (4-4 FG, 0-1 FT)
Iman Shumpert: 6-0-1-0-0-0-8 (2-4 FG, 1-1 3PT, 1-2 FT)
Shawne Williams: 3-3-0-0-0-1-20 (1-3 FG, 1-2 3PT)
Bill Walker: 0-2-0-0-0-0-13 (0-1 FG, 0-1 3PT)
Josh Harrellson: 0-2-0-0-0-0-5 (0-1 FG, 0-2 FT)
Derrick Brown: DNP
TEAM: 99-41-20-2-8-48 (36-72 FG, 12-26 3PT, 15-22 FT)

Fields lead the team in scoring in the first half with 12 which was certainly a bright spot. He didn't hesitate to take a three when left open. Melo took over scoring in the second half to lead the team but on far fewer shots than previous simulations. The scoring and shot distribution was much more balanced this time around.

The team was pitted against the Boston Celtics who will be the next team I complete all ratings and tendencies for. They certainly need it as Paul Pierce scored 25 points on 27 shots. Ray Allen was next with 23 points and only 13 shots, while Kevin Garnett took only 7 shots in 34 minutes (5-7 against Pierce's 8-27). Jeff Green finished with 12 points on a perfect 5-5 shooting.

My tendencies & ratings lead to a more balanced attack for the Knicks and the featured player was whoever had the hot hand at the time. Fields had 12 of his 14 in the first half while Melo had 10 of his 22 in the 4th quarter. 2K's tendencies & ratings on the other hand lead to a more scripted game as Paul Pierce was going to take a shot whether it was a good one or not.

The best part is these results can only improve. I meant to edit each player's assigned plays but completely forgot as I wanted to test the tendencies out ASAP. I will run another simulation with those tweaks (if there are any). Completing the opposing team's ratings/tendencies/plays should also help.

Another thing I should also try is the gameplay on Default setting rather than Simulation. Shot sliders are down on the sim setting but the CPU will also not attempt on ball steals which lead to a very low amount of steals and turnovers. The Celtics are a superb defensive team with one of the league's best ball hawks at PG yet didn't disrupt much of the Knicks' offensive flow. A combination of both slider settings will probably generate more realistic gameplay. Finally, I will also test out a Human vs CPU game to see if the CPU reacts any differently towards a user than it's fellow CPU.

I will upload another roster later tonight so you guys can run your own tests. Only one team has completed rating/tendencies so far but that will change over the coming weeks.

Remember to check the comments section of his blog for additional insights and that you can also follow his many twitter dayly entries. These channels are recommended if you have any suggestions/requests/claims/opinions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »