Home

PB's historic matchups roster

This is a discussion on PB's historic matchups roster within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #401
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: PB's historic matchups roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Because he added his picture to Malone, I'm sure he will go back and fix that..

Is there no match up for the 98-99 Knicks???
I think the '98 Spurs matchup will be as close as it gets for now (the difference being the absence of Mario Elie and Antonio Daniels).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #402
Rookie

ShaftD13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Anyone having issues with all the teams not showing up? It's wierd that at the home screen the 03-04 griz vs 00-01 76ers shows up as a matchup but the minute I flip thru teams I can never select them again. Have not seen suns, vc raptors, or many of the other squads(have seen some though-99 knicks, 95 rockets, and a few others). Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Help please..
I am having the exact same problem, and was starting to think it was just me. My best guess was that not having all of the "greatest" teams unlocked was causing it, but that doesn't really make a lot of sense to me, as this is the only classic roster that does this to me. The first couple of versions didn't do this either, and I can't recall exactly which update started it. I believe it was when the years were added to the team names in the default slots that things got weird. At least I think the years were added to the names; I never get to see the roster as it is intended.

Anyone else have anything to add?
Old 06-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #403
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
You have to complete the greatest mode for the teams to show
Old 06-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #404
MVP

OVR: 23

i think it must be because i changed teams type to have the year show up in front of the name. hokupguy posted a settings file with all the greatest teams unlocked. http://www.gamefront.com/files/20873716/Settings.rar
Old 07-01-2012, 01:57 AM   #405
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
For those who are wanting to use this roster in season/association mode....I believe it's the duplicate GID's that is the problem. Anytime a team is cloned you have to designate a different GID for that team. I could be wrong and can't test it this minute, but I bet it's a quick fix. I also learned that you have to have the minimum 16 D-League teams or the season will freeze on Nov 20th (at least it did for me and strangely enough that is my birthday). As far as I know he hasn't used those slots though. Either way, I will check in the morning and see if I can get it working.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #406
All Star

OVR: 49

i do not think that pb built this roster for season or assc mode. Just quick play. And sellez is right when you share gids this happeneds. also to fix it you would have to change the gid to the teams and uni sec and also effect the crowd in the arena.

Last edited by hokupguy; 07-01-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #407
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
i do not think that pb built this roster for season or assc mode. Just quick play. And sellez is right when you share gids this happeneds. also to fix it you would have to change the gid to the teams and uni sec and also effect the crowd in the arena.
Yeah...the thing is that there were several people asking about this. Regardless of whether or not it was his intention, it would be nice to have that option. Only reason I mentioned it was because I am currently working on a retro set and have been working through various freeze issues so it CAN be used in season mode. (Another discovery was that deleting a uni will cause freeze up when you back out of season mode...)

Last edited by Sellaz32; 07-01-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #408
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

For whatever it's worth, I decided to run the 1998 Pacers/Bulls matchup today and Michael Jordan dropped 58 on me. I think that's probably the most points I've ever given up to a single computer player. If I had to guess, it wouldn't have happened had Scottie Pippen not separated his shoulder in the first quarter. Also, maybe I could have switched matchups and turned on double teams, but a part of me wanted to see what'd happen if I just tried to stop him with Reggie. Alas, the result.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »