Home

Sim-World NBA 2k13 Roster Project (for 360)

This is a discussion on Sim-World NBA 2k13 Roster Project (for 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #721
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Sim-World NBA 2k13 Roster Project (for 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
This is with Ronyell's slider set, correct? I use Real FG% but may still give his set a go.
Yessir. It's with his latest set posted on the OP. give them a try, I recommend them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #722
Rookie

ezsmilez's Arena

OVR: 0
Does anyone know if I change the color scheme for the torch sneakers that Felton wears will he automatically be given generics?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #723
MVP

iameich's Arena

YeLLz I'm loving the sliders so far but I don't know if u can control the CPU reaching fouls. It always seems like everytime I hold the ball w/o dribbling, the CPU reaches & baila me out with a reach in foul. I don't want to tweak anything yet. I know this is your final set but I would like to hear your take on this. Maybe it's just a game issue that can't be fixed through sliders or player tendancies sort of like the up & under post up move.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:34 AM   #724
MVP

iameich's Arena

Charlotte Bobcats (11-35) at Miami Heat (30-14)
Feb 4, 20131234Final
Charlotte28262129104
Miami28282134111
Top Performers
Charlotte Bobcats
K.Walker - 30 PTS, 8 AST, 2 STL
Miami Heat
L.James - 33 PTS, 9 REB, 5 AST, 0 TO
Team Stats Comparison
CHAMIA
FG Made-Att43-8542-73
3PT Made-Att3-87-13
FT Made-Att15-1920-25
Rebounds3838
Assists2624
Turnovers912
Steals75
Blocks85
Charlotte Bobcats
STARTERSMINFG3PTFTREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
K.Walker3513-231-13-31821030
M.Kidd-Gilchrist365-120-13-49212113
BENCHMINFG3PTFTREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
J.Taylor155-81-32-33100013
Miami Heat
L.James3914-250-15-99500033
D.Wade358-150-02-24302218
C.osh337-110-13-48311217
R.Allen204-82-34-42210014

Last edited by iameich; 02-05-2013 at 03:39 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #725
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameich
YeLLz I'm loving the sliders so far but I don't know if u can control the CPU reaching fouls. It always seems like everytime I hold the ball w/o dribbling, the CPU reaches & baila me out with a reach in foul. I don't want to tweak anything yet. I know this is your final set but I would like to hear your take on this. Maybe it's just a game issue that can't be fixed through sliders or player tendancies sort of like the up & under post up move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iameich
Charlotte Bobcats (11-35) at Miami Heat (30-14)
Feb 4, 20131234Final
Charlotte28262129104
Miami28282134111
Top Performers
Charlotte Bobcats
K.Walker - 30 PTS, 8 AST, 2 STL
Miami Heat
L.James - 33 PTS, 9 REB, 5 AST, 0 TO
Team Stats Comparison
CHAMIA
FG Made-Att43-8542-73
3PT Made-Att3-87-13
FT Made-Att15-1920-25
Rebounds3838
Assists2624
Turnovers912
Steals75
Blocks85
Charlotte Bobcats
K.Walker3513-231-13-31821030
M.Kidd-Gilchrist365-120-13-49212113
J.Taylor155-81-32-33100013
Miami Heat
L.James3914-250-15-99500033
D.Wade358-150-02-24302218
C.osh337-110-13-48311217
R.Allen204-82-34-42210014
based on your box scores (FGA) it looks like you slow the game down just a bit & run an offense which (not a fault) causes you to hold the ball sometimes which is when the CPU will swipe if they have a high pressure defense.

it is in fact a "non-fix" issue IMO because if you move that reaching slider down, it will cause them to A) not call enough fouls when needed & B) not get some of the foul calls you see under the basket & on drives because of a reach which in my opinion is VERY much a part of an NBA game flow.

also i HAD to use the reaching slider to somewhat offset & simulate the amount of non-shooting blocking fouls that occur in a game that are just simply impossible to get with any regularity in this game.

and lastly you get the occaional "swing-through" foul calls with this setting IMO... the ones Durant & Kobe get regularly; when a player reaches on a swing through for a jumper.

i've found the r"reaching slider" to be VEEEEEEEERRRRRRRY sensitive & you can see major OVERALL gmae changes in terms of fouls & timing with minimal tweaks & thats why i personally choose to keep them where they are at.

i acknowledge the fact that if you are stationary for too long with certain teams that there will be a unecessary reach in fould but again i say i assume that as the non-shooting blocking fouls that DONT get call (workarounds my friend) & i choose to to be a slight bit more erratic with my gameplay in the first half (like most NBA teams do now days), by not being TOO mythodical with my offense. i play loose & then tighten up my offense in the second half.

generally the CPU gets more aggresive with their ball pressure in the second halves (just as in the real NBA) so with that being said reach ins are also dictated by the users play style & swinging the ball in the second half instead of being stationary may reduce those calls & allow you to see some better looks asa well as getting those FGA up

i didnt think my response would get this long but DAMN good observation & a much needed explaination was warranted.

my suggestion would be to do as i've stated above because of the reasons ive stated above BUT if you simply cant...

lower the reaching foul slider for CPU ONLY, no more than 4 IMO

if you turn down the reaching tendency slider much more than that you will see the CPU be much less effective at getting turnovers & realistic occasion strips & conversely better at keeping you the user from driving.

remember that EVERY slider works in tandem & is converse to another so raising something will ALWAYS decrease something else therefor the key is balance.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by ronyell; 02-05-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #726
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Does anyone know how to delete the international players on this roster set?

I'd like to make trades but these players are making it near impossible.

Same here i can't release them or send them out to F/A it just freezes then
Old 02-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #727
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowned12
i don't know what Sim-world uses i'm using different sites for stats like basketball-reference.com for shooting charts, looking for players offensive plays in mysynergysports.com
I have a league-pass that i'm contasntly watching to match everything to real life, i'm not touching the ratings except for player speed and quickness, and some akward shooting ratings but other than that it's all good in the attributes department, the problem is with the hotspots, tendencies, game slider, and general team chemistry that with my adjustment are very good,
i'm matching it to real life no algorythm here, running alot of cpu-cpu seeing how they play and adjust according to my information till i'm satisfied.
Also, there's problem with the fastbreak points using yAk coaching profiles, gonna see what I can do
Claiming things are wrong or there are problems without being specific is basically trolling the thread. Everyone's work is open to critique as long as it's useful.

After reading your posts, I'd love to hear why you think these aspects are not correct.

I can also tell you that the entire roster aside from maybe 3-4 tendencies/attributes are scaled by design. These aren't by accident and many areas will not be a 1:1 relationship to real world percentages because the 2K engine has NEVER been 1:1. This roster is 2+ years of research and formulas, so I find it very hard to believe that you will re-work this with better formulas in a matter of days.

If you have questions on WHY and HOW certain tendencies are scaled, feel free to ask. We went through most of them last year with those who were interested.

The only thing that hasn't been done with this roster is a true objective update for this season's data. After REDitor, that will be done too.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #728
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Claiming things are wrong or there are problems without being specific is basically trolling the thread. Everyone's work is open to critique as long as it's useful.

After reading your posts, I'd love to hear why you think these aspects are not correct.

I can also tell you that the entire roster aside from maybe 3-4 tendencies/attributes are scaled by design. These aren't by accident and many areas will not be a 1:1 relationship to real world percentages because the 2K engine has NEVER been 1:1. This roster is 2+ years of research and formulas, so I find it very hard to believe that you will re-work this with better formulas in a matter of days.

If you have questions on WHY and HOW certain tendencies are scaled, feel free to ask. We went through most of them last year with those who were interested.

The only thing that hasn't been done with this roster is a true objective update for this season's data. After REDitor, that will be done too.
Sorry, didn;t mean to offend in any way, i'm in no way trolling.
I'll be more than happy to help you guys with whatever you need, I have some free time on my hands and i'm very knowledgeable, atleast tendencies wise and cpu-cpu

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »