Home

Sim-World NBA 2k13 Roster Project (for 360)

This is a discussion on Sim-World NBA 2k13 Roster Project (for 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #769
Rookie

Marc_Rez's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Sim-World NBA 2k13 Roster Project (for 360)

Im gonna wait and get the updated roster from Sim-World and continue my Association on Christmas day.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #770
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

OVR: 1

I was wondering if anyone else was noticing any issues with the player stats of the following years. The main issue is the PPG the players average. While the first year is amazing in it's similarity to real NBA stats, the following years often have very few, sometimes 1 or none, 25+ scorers.

Is this something that is unavoidable without user rating/tendency edits after the year. If so, what should i be changing after each year (based on the performance of the player during the season).
Old 02-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #771
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatownpwnage
I was wondering if anyone else was noticing any issues with the player stats of the following years. The main issue is the PPG the players average. While the first year is amazing in it's similarity to real NBA stats, the following years often have very few, sometimes 1 or none, 25+ scorers.

Is this something that is unavoidable without user rating/tendency edits after the year. If so, what should i be changing after each year (based on the performance of the player during the season).
The game doesn't progress Shot Tendency in the way a coach would give/take touches from players throughout their careers or as players change teams. Total Sim Control was a good addition, but it is only useful under 30 team control IMO.

25+ PPG with this roster means a Shot Tendency of 90+ on a team of average scorers, 95+ on a team of above-average scorers. That also assumes 35+ MPG.

It is the primary factor in simmed FGA.

Also be careful about which draft classes you use in future years for this same reason. It's a very delicate balance to keep sim stats in Association.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #772
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
The game doesn't progress Shot Tendency in the way a coach would give/take touches from players throughout their careers or as players change teams. Total Sim Control was a good addition, but it is only useful under 30 team control IMO.

25+ PPG with this roster means a Shot Tendency of 90+ on a team of average scorers, 95+ on a team of above-average scorers. That also assumes 35+ MPG.

It is the primary factor in simmed FGA.

Also be careful about which draft classes you use in future years for this same reason. It's a very delicate balance to keep sim stats in Association.
Ok. I plan to use the Sim '13 then CWSapp's draft classes. And you're saying i should focus on moving the tendencies, but not bumping up too much? The weird thing I see is players like Carmelo scoring only 21 ppg on multiple of my simulations.

Next, when you speak of draft classes, CWSapp said the highest potential he gives is 80. However, if that is done, I don't believe a player can ever reach the high 80s because while potential does grow a few points, the player's difference b/w overall and potential dictates how much their overall grows. I went in depth with this on the old Player Potential thread:

"I thing i wanted to focus on was the difference of a players rookie overall and rookie potential. So (using sim-world rosters) I changed MKG(74 overall) to 80 potential, and changed Anthony Davis(77 overall) to 80 potential. After a few years, Anthony davis topped at 81, while MKG was 83 and going. The surprising thing to me was MKG potential was higher than Anthony's after 3 years.

So then I lowered Anthony's rookie overall to 74 and re ran the tests with everything else the same as the first test. As this test went on , they both increased in overall and potential at nearly an identical rate.

So I'm thinking that the initial distance between the overall and potential effects not only how much and how much the overall grow, but also how fast the potential rises. So where this impacts is 75 isn't the magical number that insures superstar because if i have a 74 overall at 75 potential, he will progress little to none."

Finally, I was wondering how i should make players have more APG. In the next year, I have never seen a 10+ assist, and rarely a 9+ assist years.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #773
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Assists will also be changed by Shot Tendencies of teammates and Pass ratings of teammates.

All of the things you're mentioning are common signs that the draft classes aren't matching the original scales exactly.

If you want to make tweaks each offseason, know that 2K's sim engine is still flawed. It takes a ton of team tweaking for assists to be correct for PG like Rondo/D.Will. As soon as they get a high Pass rating teammate, forget about them keeping that APG.

Potential also should VERY rarely exceed 80 for any draft class prospect. Potential progresses based on hidden factors, such as player weight, and a 20 year old who has 75 POT can easily end up with 85-90 POT by their prime. The key to making sleepers/busts less predictable is having more players between 72-78 POT and fewer "known" superstar prospects.

Last edited by youALREADYknow; 02-12-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #774
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
Is Patrick Beverley in this roster somewhere? Couldn't find him in the free agents.

I took floorgeneral's update, removed the euros, made most if not all of the transactions since December 22, and I have tried to adjust the rotations to the best of my ability.

Also I have tried to change the east/west all star players through leftos, but none of the changes appeared in the actual game. Any ideas why?

If anyone wants the update, I could upload it. Of course I don't take any credit for any of the roster edits myself. I just wanted to update the latest transactions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #775
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Assists will also be changed by Shot Tendencies of teammates and Pass ratings of teammates.

All of the things you're mentioning are common signs that the draft classes aren't matching the original scales exactly.

If you want to make tweaks each offseason, know that 2K's sim engine is still flawed. It takes a ton of team tweaking for assists to be correct for PG like Rondo/D.Will. As soon as they get a high Pass rating teammate, forget about them keeping that APG.

Potential also should VERY rarely exceed 80 for any draft class prospect. Potential progresses based on hidden factors, such as player weight, and a 20 year old who has 75 POT can easily end up with 85-90 POT by their prime. The key to making sleepers/busts less predictable is having more players between 72-78 POT and fewer "known" superstar prospects.
I am using cwsapp's and the sim-world draft class, so I think the assists/points/tendencies will just need some user tweaking. Do you have any things I should be aware of when I edit, or the basic system.

Also, I partially disagree with the assessment of 75 potential being the "easy" 85-90 potential in prime. If you have a 19 year old 74 overall with 75 potential he overall may go up 1 or none no matter the "hidden potential" his whole career and his potential wont to up much unless untapped potential is used. With that being said a 70 overall and 75 potential will most likely progress to a higher overall then the 74,75 player.

With that all said I understand if the sim-world draft class has no player that reach 83+ cause I don't see much of that potential on the draft. However, cwsapp said he has placed no one with higher than 80 potential in the draft classes for sim-world, so I think there can be some error in years beyond.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #776
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Finally had the chance to sit down Sunday night and play a full, uninterrupted game. I updated all of the transactions and then plugged in Ronyell's latest slider set, with the only changes being I'm still on All-Star difficulty and use Real FG% instead of the Shot Stick.

I played the Lakers-Heat (me) NBA Today game and lost 110-102. I bet the Lakers wish they could have video game Dwight on their team. He was unstoppable; 30 points, 15 rebounds. Several put-backs and alley-oops for Mr. Howard, who scored all of his field goals within 5 feet of the basket.

The Heat had the lead early in the 4th quarter but then I couldn't make a shot in the final 5 minutes.

Still, the game was very enjoyable.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »