Home

NBA 2k13 Can't Export Teams

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 Can't Export Teams within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #9
Rookie

lsalas76's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2k13 Can't Export Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE REAL IMPERIAL
It looks like I retired at the right time. Not being able to export teams, & autosave constantly on sucks. Plus the missing legends. I would been flipping out big time. What the 2k community has to do is enjoy all those great rosters from the past previous games, cause it may be a long while before were gonna see anything creative.
yeah imperial you retired just at the right time. I love your 2k12 retirement roster and I think I might just keep playing 2k12 because of your roster. I did buy 2k13 but now im not sure if I want to keep it, luckily I havent opened it yet so I can still return it, not being able to export teams, the auto save issue, no Kareem, no Dr J, no Webber are deal breakers. I guess 2k wanted to cut down on great roster makers like yourself and pb who make 2k look bad. Oh wait 2k cant look bad this year cus we do get Jay-z and Justin Bieber!!! I hope next year we can play as William Hung and maybe Beyonce will executive produce NBA 2k14.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #10
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE REAL IMPERIAL
It looks like I retired at the right time. Not being able to export teams, & autosave constantly on sucks. Plus the missing legends. I would been flipping out big time. What the 2k community has to do is enjoy all those great rosters from the past previous games, cause it may be a long while before were gonna see anything creative.
You are so right.....I get it that some guys are more into gameplay, (which after playing 2k13 I am not completely sold on either) but for me being able to fully customize a roster really adds to the experience. It is clear that they wanted to limit customization as much as possible. I was afraid of this, given the fact that they never intended for us to use DLC guys in the main game and it was a glitch allowed that... It also appears from reading the Hex thread that even that avenue appears to be on lockdown. Not to mention the limits on sliders this year with no uploading and the autosave issue. 2K12 keeps looking better and better...
Old 10-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thank god I decided to keep 2k12. I'm having a blast playing my all-time rosters, as well as others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 02:30 AM   #12
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't know if you guys noticed but auto save does not save rosters. It saves everything else but rosters. But no export team function blows!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Man, I still want them to patch in autosave, that's crazy we can't turn it off.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't know much about the roster creation process but this post has me really scared for the future of 2k13 in my xbox. I spent the night with the game last night and am happy to see I'm not the only person on these boards not ready to drop down and worship this game. From a gameplay perspective I can see the potential of the new control scheme but it seems needlessly complicated to do every little move. 2k12 needed a few tweeks to the AI and that bounce pass button and it would have been lights out!

Now I read that you guys won't be able to pump out all the amazing retro rosters?! I am an old school guy and love my 80s-90s NBA. I haven't played a single game with current teams since 2k10. I find it absurd that 2k would lock this game down and shut out the roster creators...some of the most dedicated users in the entire community!! The great rosters you guys create are a major reason many people (especially the 30 and older crowd) even buy this game... very poor decision by 2k!

But heck, who needs Alex English, Bernard King and Julius Erving when you can play as Bieber or the cast from Jersey Shore while the menus dance to Jay Z and Rihanna...
Old 10-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #15
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Whether the export caused problems or not, I guess that means no more classic team updates on the 2K roster shares. This really is a lame brain mode on 2K's part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Auto-save DOES save rosters... Download a created player DNA from 2K Share, and when you find yourself moving between your roster and reviewing the available DNA models - it WILL auto-save your roster file. Again, it just baffles me.

Here's my take on this: WE here at OS probably had a lot to do with this. Since 2K11, we've created by far THE BEST roster files, both current and classic, that 2K has. I think they know this, and are taking this away from us. Instead of the focus being on our ability here at the OS community, they've removed most options so the focus stays on them. I might be wrong, but it only makes sense.

As much as I like to play 2K13, I'm only using it for current rosters. The menu changes, lack of exporting teams, and not being able to put classic players directly onto teams is a head scratcher...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »