Home

[Tool] NBA 2K13 Roster Editor

This is a discussion on [Tool] NBA 2K13 Roster Editor within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #329
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: [Tool] NBA 2K13 Roster Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
-sigh- If you give access to everyone, things like these tend to happen. Maybe Eaglerock and some other dedicated few should get together and do a spreadsheet from scratch; coordinate themselves on what roster update they'll use and fill it up.

Oh, and by the way, I'm aware of the bug that causes v0.5.1.1 crash when you use "Fill with consecutive", but I won't be able to fix it until early to mid next week.
Hey Leftos, not a problem buddy, enjoy your break. It shouldn't hurt us to avoid hitting the "Fill with consecutive" button til you get back lol. I've already started a thread about a spreadsheet that I'm going to create that is for anyone who is using the default 2k rosters out of the box as their base. I'm going to keep it private and only give those who are using the default rosters as a base access to it. Unfortunately that is the only way to keep things from getting messed up because it only takes one person to go through that spreadsheet and fool around with it just to mess with everyone. It's sad that I would even think that anyone would purposely do something like that but like I always say, in any situation think of the worst possible scenario or outcome so you prepare yourself in advance if it happens.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide
Old 10-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #330
MVP

OVR: 10

Having an issue with the new editor:

When I try to copy and paste ratings from my spreadsheet into the editor, i get a message saying "the pasted date must have to column headers in the first row".

Also, if you can add a "search FOR player ID" function, that would be helpful instead of having to scroll through to find it.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #331
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Hyperballer21, when you paste data into the Players, due to the tool's auto-detection features that parses the pasted data carefully instead of pasting whatever and possibly messing all your work up, you need to include the column headers in the data you copy from your spreadsheet and paste in the editor. Also, you have to make sure the column headers are the first row of the data you're to paste, and that the names of the columns that have data you want to paste are the same like those in the tool. The order of the data as far as rows or columns doesn't matter. Let me give you a few examples.

This doesn't work:

Code:
0    J. Holiday    4887    False    4887
3    B. Yourself    3332    True    3332
What's missing? Column headers. The tool doesn't know which column in your data corresponds to which column in the tool.

Code:
Name    CF ID
J. Holiday    3332
B. Yourself    2227
The above doesn't work either. It has column headers ("Name", "CF ID") in the first row, but it doesn't have Player ID, which is required in order for the tool to know to which row it should paste the data. Player ID is the only thing that is absolutely guaranteed to be different between any two players.

Code:
ID    MyCF    Portrait ID
128    3332    3332
93    2227    2225
The above will partially work. Portrait IDs will be applied to the corresponding players (as you see, it doesn't matter that the Player IDs are not in ascending order and not consecutive), but the CF ID column is named incorrectly, so the tool will ignore that column, it will consider it just data that you have in the spreadsheet for yourself.

Code:
ID    CF ID    Portrait ID
128    3332    3332
93    2227    2225
This works fully. Sure the columns may not be in the right order, they may not all be there, the rows aren't in the right order and aren't consecutive, but the tool will know that it needs to change the CF ID and Portrait ID of these two players.

So you can paste whatever data you like to any cell you like, it doesn't matter. The tool won't just paste without considering what data you're trying to paste. It will look for column headers, and if they are there, it will look at the player IDs, match them to the ones in the Player table, and only update the appropriate data for the appropriate players.

As for the search functions, they will be back in the next release, and they'll include all columns in the Players table. I just didn't have the time to implement them again after all the behind the scenes changes. For now you can copy the data to Excel/OpenOffice/Google Docs and use the Search functions there. Copying from the Players table to a spreadsheet should give you all the appropriate column headers as well, so that you don't have to write them down one by one yourself.

Hope I've explained everything.
Novato, CA, USA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #332

Also, please note the Options tab includes a LastPlayerID setting that lets the tool know up to which player it should show in the Players tab. The last working Player ID could change from roster update to update, so make sure you set the value to whatever suits your needs and the roster you're using.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #333
Rookie

OVR: 0

87 kareem abdul-jabbar andlack other legends are online now.....with black arms.......let's try to solve this problem together.......i hope you like them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #334
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was going through the google doc and saw that some of the missing international players were discovered. I also read back a couple pages and noticed that someone tampered with the google doc so it could be incorrect. So I wanted to know if those are the real Id's for the missing players can I use the tool to unlock them and put them on my roster??
Old 10-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #335
MVP

OVR: 10

Leftos, That method works for everything in the editor except for ratings, tendencies, and hotspots. I am no longer getting the error message. I am using the correct column headers, but the data does not replace.

I am able to copy and paste PlType, CF ID, Portrait ID, SS's, GenericF perfectly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #336

I'm downloading .NET Framework 4 on my uncle's computer to see what's wrong and whether I can fix it.

This is how much I love you guys and want to contribute. Even during my trip I'm doing my best.

I hope you take that into consideration next time you go past that "Donate and support my work" part.
Novato, CA, USA

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »