Home

NBA 2K13 How to Import Players from Other Rosters

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 How to Import Players from Other Rosters within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

OVR: 20
NBA 2K13 How to Import Players from Other Rosters

100% Credit to Briggm, this was discovered long ago but some people don't follow Bedwardsroy19's thread and it was posted there.

So guys I've figured out a fairly straightforward method of getting official removed/added players into this roster. If this has already been posted or is common knowledge, I apologise in advance.

1) Download a roster from 2K Share which includes players you wish to add to your roster. For the sake of this example, I'll be using the first official 2K roster update and adding Greg Oden, who has since been removed from the 2K rosters (and from Bed's roster)

2) Load the downloaded roster.

3) Create a new team. Add Greg Oden and any other missing players you wish to include in your roster.

4) Upload the team to 2K Share.

5) Load the roster you wish to add the player(s) to, i.e. Bed's roster.

6) Download the team from 2K Share (can you download a team that you yourself have uploaded? I'm not sure. If not, somebody else would have to upload these for Beds)

7) Now you want to release the players into your roster. There is a slight issue here. When you try to release a player from a created team, you'll get a message saying that doing so will cause the player to be removed from the roster permanently. Not good. Thankfully there is a workaround for this:

Firstly (and importantly) save your roster. Now start a new season. I'm not sure if you have to start it with the created team included, but to be safe, customise league and replace a team with your created team. As soon as you select a team and the season loads, quit and exit out to the main menu. You are now able to release players from created teams. Woohoo.

8) Once all desired players have been released and added to your roster, delete the created team and save your roster. Now Greg Oden and whoever else you added will be sitting happily in your free agents list, ready to be signed.

Rinse and repeat these steps if you need to add more players from different rosters. Last year adding and removing players could cause problems, like players names being messed up. Hopefully this won't be the case this year. Some testing probably needs to be done.

How this is used is of course up to Beds. My opinion is that it'd be great having all the missing free agents added back in (Oden etc.) as it adds greater variety to the league. It's also of course useful for adding any cyberface rookies 2K has updated since Beds started working on his roster. But as for the laughable caps 2K has added (Shved, De Colo, Teletovic) seriously, what's the point? The only reason it'd be worth adding them imo is if the commentators use their real names, although I'm unsure whether this is the case.

At any rate, I hope this info is useful in further improving these already outstanding rosters. Thanks.

Last edited by Angel_G; 04-16-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K13 How to Import Players from Other Rosters

thanks 10char
Old 04-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Do you get the name glitch when you do this?
Old 04-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCAROLINAKID
Do you get the name glitch when you do this?
Yea I think you can only do it to rosters that haven't already had this method done to them
Old 04-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

Yea this method can't be used for bewardsroy19's roster anymore. DeJuan Blair, Evan Turner, Evan Fournier and Spencer Hawes's names always change
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_G
Yea this method can't be used for bewardsroy19's roster anymore. DeJuan Blair, Evan Turner, Evan Fournier and Spencer Hawes's names always change
Yeah, it's really annoying that this happens. I want to add Rudy Fernandez back into bed's roster, but everytime their names change. It's also really weird that it's always those same players whose names change.

Anyhow, there's a messy sort of way to get around it... when you import players, also import the 4 name glitched players. Then you'll have 2 DeJuan Blair's, 2 Spencer Hawes, etc. Release the ones with the name glitch and lower all their ratings to 25 so the AI never signs them. Put the replacement ones with the correct names on their respective teams and you're done.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

yea thats true imma ask bed if i can do that i mean i wipes out there stats and changes their college thats it its no like they are superstars and have a chance at breaking a record
Old 05-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_G
Yea I think you can only do it to rosters that haven't already had this method done to them
So you have to do all the imports all at once or is there a specific official roster date where the names stop changing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »