Home

OFFICIAL 2k14 Playbook Changes, ONLY Plays that ARENT BROKE

This is a discussion on OFFICIAL 2k14 Playbook Changes, ONLY Plays that ARENT BROKE within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OFFICIAL 2k14 Playbook Changes, ONLY Plays that ARENT BROKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
To make what work? The game, the plays?

Nevermind, the answer is, yes.

Yes, you should adjust every team to make "this" work.
To remove that overdribblingwaitfortheshotclocktoexpirethentakeat hreepointshot plays of the AI.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 19

Any luck at getting the cpu to pass to bigs fading on pnp? I can't get the cpu to do it.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Any luck at getting the cpu to pass to bigs fading on pnp? I can't get the cpu to do it.
What are the players 'Pick and Roll vs. Fade' tendencies set to?

I haven't really looked into this yet. I guess I was just happy to see and roll plays being run and working.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:46 AM   #44
MVP

I think I may have found a way to improve the effectiveness of the CPU offense in the half-court.

While I was testing 'Pick and Fade' plays(which do work) I set Gary Payton and Sam Perkins 'touches' to 100. I noticed that if the first play called did not get a shot, another play was called almost immediately.

This me to re-evaluating my thoughts on touches.

Here is what I settled onI'll use the Sonics as an example)
Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp - Touches=100
Detlef Schrempf - Touches=75
Hersey Hawkins and Sam Perkins - Touches=50

I used the same method on the Bulls. Here is the video of my latest test.

*Notes on the video: All Rules are turned off except the Shot Clock. This was just a test for playbooks/touches.

There were still a couple of 'late shot clock situations' but the CPU was more active and still running a play most of the time. Sometimes the defense is good and the shot clock runs down, it happens in real life. The problem is the inaction of the CPU when the shot clock runs down.

This may not be the best or final way I end up setting touches, but for now this the direction I am going in.

Last edited by qpc123; 10-07-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #45
MVP

Quote:
I can get this to happen, but there is no way to guarantee it.

I'm going to dare to say that the basketball I.Q. of the A.I. is almost too smart and sometimes it is a bad thing.

What I mean is:

If the CPU runs and Pick and Fade(or any play really) and another opportunity to score presents it self the A.I. tries to take advantage. If the ball handler can drive off the the pick he will, if help rotates he will kick out, etc. Basically, they play good basketball.

Here is where the issues arise. If the ball goes to a player outside of the play design(or the ball handler breaks the play with a drive) and the result is not a shot, the CPU offense dies out due to the lack of any offense outside of called plays.

My above post helps with this as the CPU will run another play more often, but its not 100%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 06:06 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
My above post helps with this as the CPU will run another play more often, but its not 100%.
So basically if a play doesn't result in a shot attempt or drive/kick out, the only way to get the CPU to do something is to have them reset their offense with a player getting the ball in the playvision circle? Not too promising. If there was at least a way to get them to do random freelance stuff, you know, just do something except standing around.

About touches...in past years, I liked to scale it somewhat according to usage%, meaning most values between 15 and 30. If I understand you correctly, touches at 50 is kind of a cutoff for the CPU to call another play quickly if it can't get a shot off?

I'll run some tests with every player's touches tendency maxed out. Maybe it'll force the CPU to run plays more often after a miss, with shot tendencies balancing things out so that superstars still take most of the shots.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
I can get this to happen, but there is no way to guarantee it.

I'm going to dare to say that the basketball I.Q. of the A.I. is almost too smart and sometimes it is a bad thing.

What I mean is:

If the CPU runs and Pick and Fade(or any play really) and another opportunity to score presents it self the A.I. tries to take advantage. If the ball handler can drive off the the pick he will, if help rotates he will kick out, etc. Basically, they play good basketball.

Here is where the issues arise. If the ball goes to a player outside of the play design(or the ball handler breaks the play with a drive) and the result is not a shot, the CPU offense dies out due to the lack of any offense outside of called plays.

Quote:
What are the players 'Pick and Roll vs. Fade' tendencies set to?

I haven't really looked into this yet. I guess I was just happy to see and roll plays being run and working.
I have been watching CPU games with Brooklyn as both teams.

All players have PNR as assigned playtypes and that's all.

PNR Plays in Playbook (This could be the problem. They are all plays that have one movement during the pick (no double-picks) and none contain passes before the picks. They are very simplistic PNR plays).

PNR
Fist Down 5 Short
Angle CNR
Angle 4 Lift Mid
Fist UP 15 Strong
Fist Up 14 Strong

PNR Mid
Fist Down 4 Short
Fist Out Mid 4 Lift
Angle 24 Short
Spread 14 Fist Out
Fist Up Strong Mid

PNR 3PT
Wide 43 Flat
Fist Out DBL
Fist Down 43
Fist Out 4 Lift

I set Garnett's touches to 100 (nobody else above 75) to ensure he gets the most looks. PNR Roll/Fade is set to 75. All PNR plays are assigned to him.

I haven't seen the CPU pass to him on a fade 1 time. Not once. Any help would be appreciated. My next step is to try plays listed in the OP of this thread. I thought simple PNR plays would work, but now I'm not sure.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
I have been watching CPU games with Brooklyn as both teams.

All players have PNR as assigned playtypes and that's all.

PNR Plays in Playbook (This could be the problem. They are all plays that have one movement during the pick (no double-picks) and none contain passes before the picks. They are very simplistic PNR plays).

PNR
Fist Down 5 Short
Angle CNR
Angle 4 Lift Mid
Fist UP 15 Strong
Fist Up 14 Strong

PNR Mid
Fist Down 4 Short
Fist Out Mid 4 Lift
Angle 24 Short
Spread 14 Fist Out
Fist Up Strong Mid

PNR 3PT
Wide 43 Flat
Fist Out DBL
Fist Down 43
Fist Out 4 Lift

I set Garnett's touches to 100 (nobody else above 75) to ensure he gets the most looks. PNR Roll/Fade is set to 75. All PNR plays are assigned to him.

I haven't seen the CPU pass to him on a fade 1 time. Not once. Any help would be appreciated. My next step is to try plays listed in the OP of this thread. I thought simple PNR plays would work, but now I'm not sure.
I've tested PnRs as well and can't make it work, too. You'd expect that the fade vs roll tendency applies to freelance picks, but with those tendencies gone entirely, I don't know what it is doing. Looks like player movement is only determined by the set play design (roll/fade), and just like with 2k13, the CPU mostly ignores mid and 3pt fades.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »