Home

REALISTIC 12mins HOF tjnigs SLIDERS - This is it! Try it!

This is a discussion on REALISTIC 12mins HOF tjnigs SLIDERS - This is it! Try it! within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
Rookie

tjnigs's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon14 REALISTIC 12mins HOF tjnigs SLIDERS - This is it! Try it!

I decided to post my set of sliders in order to help my fellow hardcore NBA 2k9 gamers to achieve a realistic basketball game. This set of sliders aims to provide a simulation type of game, for the full 12 mins, my approach on making this set of sliders is by addressing the current problems on 2k9.

Main problems in 2k9

• Cheesing with isomotion.
  • Way too many Points in the paint by the CPU
  • High FG % for both CPU and USER.
  • Almost unstoppable cutting/screening by the CPU that leads to Points in the paint.
  • Cheesing with Star Players (KB24, LBJ, etc.)
  • CPU tends to shoot early in the shot clock.
  • Very easy to shoot inside (lay-ups/ dunks). – (results to high FG%)
  • Insane amounts of Assists (Due to high FG%)

I will not take full credit with this slider set since I came up with it through tons of research in this forum and other forums, listening to everybody’s opinion, finds, their posting of statistics, etc. I just put it all together, and as of now, I am getting realistic statistics, and having great fun playing the game.

*I will post the reason for almost each slider, for everybody to understand why they should increase and decrease this slider. After ridiculously amount of time testing by me and my friends, I came up with this. Hope you enjoy!

Please play my sliders with my coach profile edit on Outsiders / RAZZr's rosters for optimal results. (I have not tried other roster, thats why...)

Spoiler

12 mins a game
Difficulty: Hall of Fame
Fatigue, Injuries: ON
Clutch Factor : OFF / (your preference)
Realy Player FT%: Its up to you (Off)
Game Speed: 50
FT Difficulty: 65

Rules:
Charging: 100
Blocking: 65
Reaching Foul: 65
Shooting Foul: 40
Loose Ball Foul: 100

tjnigs VERSION 2.0 (POST-PATCH)
(Changes are in BLUE)

USER - CPU

Offense:

Close Shot: 30/30 – this is set very low to avoid cheesing down the lane, before you complain that it is very difficult to score inside, and there are many missed shots, NBA average is about 50% in the paint, with 14% being blocked. So unless your shooting way off this percentage, look into the shot charts, and change your gameplay! Stop cheesing!
Medium: 45 / 45 – Before, the USER has slight advantage to the CPU, but now, I believe we play better, so slight advntage for CPU.
3pt: 46 / 45 -
Layup: 41 / 42 – no more missed open lay ups for CPU.
Dunk: 49 / 49 – feel free to put it back at 50. I just like it when a heavily contested dunk misses sometimes.
Dunks in Traffic: 100/100–put your favorite number here, this slider is broken.
Screen Success: 0 / 0 – by putting it in 0, it lowers CPU’s cheesing with its screens.

Defense:

Steal success: 0 / 10 – lowered this down so there will be times that when a steal attempt is made, (passing lane steals) chances is for the ball to slip the hands. Lowered it more, since there are still too much steals in the game.
Help Defense Strength: 100 / 100 – better defense rotation; I actually think this slider might be broken or to has very little effect in the game, nonetheless put it at 100 for what its worth.

Attributes:

Stealing: 55 / 55 – I have to raise it a bit, but lowered steal succeess
Blocking: 36 / 39 – in my previous version, there were too many blocks, therefore i lowered, but then I decreased the shooting foul, so there will be no calls for slight bump underneath the basket. Advantage for CPU, for better defensive play.
Ball Handling: 33/ 29 – this allows good players to do Isos, but removes it to not so good players, therefore, not everybody can just dribble their way inside the paint. I have to lower down again the CPU Ball handle, Ben Wallace was doing a crossover in one of my games..
Dunking Ability: 34 / 34 (Im thinking of upping this a bit to see more kind of dunks, but this way, players only dunk in open lane, and only good players, do facial.)
Off. Awareness: 42 / 42 – I have to bring back CPU's offensive awareness, there were too many jump balls on zero, but if you put this too high, they start cheesing again.
Def. Awareness: 70 / 100 – I like this number, just enough reaction time for D in pick and rolls, and it tends to guard the penetration, leaving more room to shoot.
Off. Rebs: 38 / 38 – Increased off. rebounds for CPU, I have fixed their cheesing with off. rebs through coach profile edit.
Def. Rebs: 100 /100 – as high as it gets.
Clutch Factor: 0 / 0 – I'm certain already. Better kept at zero, and clutch factor off.
Speed: 20 / 17 – gives you a little advantage over the CPU, CPU tends to react faster, and catches up with the USER unrealistically, ok, ok, ok, stop complaining with the turtle movemnets, here I raised it already! hehe...
Strength: 100 / 85 – the patch made low post very hard, and backing down our defensive man is almost impossible. Advantage for user.
Stamina: 43 / 43 – this is a very important factor in my slider set, players that are tired, tends to miss easy shots, remember to sub and call a timeout!
Durability: 30 / 40 – I personally hate injuries in the game, this slider actually works the opposite, the lower the durability, the lesser the injuries, try it!
Vertical: 0 / 0 - Brought it back to zero, too many jumpshots being blocked.
Quickness: 5 / 12 – even at 5, players with quick first step still have their adv. Againsts defenders, but it removes the jerkiness. Advantage for CPU, to beat you in the lane for an offensive foul.
Hustle: 35 / 35– less saves. less fast break, more turnovers.
Hands: 20 / 20 – lowered it down to prevent bullet passes and create more non-steal turnovers
On-Ball D: 61/ 66 – I have to increase this again to prevent easy penetration in the lane.
Inj. Severity: 30 / 45 – I hate injuries! But its part of the game

Tendencies: (those not mentioned for USER, please keep at 50)

Take Close Shots: 0 – enough cheesing CPU!
Take Mid: 71 – number in realtion to my coach profile edit.
Take 3pt: 30 – number in realtion to my coach profile edit
Attack the Basket: 0 - enough cheesing CPU!
Finish Strong Inside: 0 - i think this slider is broken or has little effect.
Look for post players: 67– perfect num, more than this, everybody tries to back down their defender.
Use triple threat: 73 – higher than this, they tend to hold the ball too long
Use fadeaways: 59 – upped it a bit
Use Hookshots: 20 – just alright
Attempt Putbacks: - 42 –
Throw Flashy Passes: 25–
Commit Fouls: 100 / 76 – more than these, I can cheese with star players getting fouled evrytime they attack the basket. Works well with my NBA rules set. User doesn't commit fouls enough, if there is a 150 I'll go for it...
Play Passing Lane 26 / 26 - more than enough pressure on passes
Go for on-ball steals: 43 / 43 – They are called for occasional reach in, hold the ball too long and it will be stolen, too many fakes under the basket and your done. (lowered this a bit, CPU is called for too many reach in fouls.)
Contest Shots: 29 – I like it when the defenders jump in the air occasionally with your pump fakes. But I have to lower this down because i can cheese with a pump fake then jump at the defender and go to the FT line too many times.
Use Size-up move: 69 – (Isn't this our favorite number?) enough number for occasional one on one play.

I hope you enjoy my set of sliders. Incase you edit some, and are getting more realistic stats, please post it here, so we can all share our knowledge. I also appreciate if you can help me/us, by posting your stats of the game, I will also do the same.

By the way, I am getting around: (12mins HOF)
95-110 ppg
40-50 PitP by CPU
45-52 FG%
50 rebs
20- 25 fouls pg
6 bpg
>>
*This sliders are for HARDCORE gamers, who want realistic NBA simulation game, willing to set plays, move the ball around, wait for an open shot. Enjoy! Waiting for all of your Stats and Feedbacks...

PLEASE USE WITH MY COACH PROFILE EDIT.

Last edited by tjnigs; 01-02-2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: V 2.0 POST PATCH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: REALISTIC 12mins HOF tjnigs SLIDERS - This is it! Try it!

Like these sets bud!
  • MLB The Show 24 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 10-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

I don't play HOF, but those look like a solid set. Good explanations on each slider. Can you complete an alley-oop with dunking ability so low?
Old 10-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Rookie

tjnigs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
I don't play HOF, but those look like a solid set. Good explanations on each slider. Can you complete an alley-oop with dunking ability so low?

Honestly its very hard to complete an alley hoop with this sliders in the game, with hands at 10, dunking Ab low, and CPU tends to play passing lanes, I was only able to complete it with Nash to Amare, and Kobe to Gasol. But i also rarely try alleyoops.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
Rookie

tjnigs's Arena

Icon5 Re: REALISTIC 12mins HOF tjnigs SLIDERS - This is it! Try it!

Here are my Considerations on building this set of sliders:
  • I believe the AI is much smarter in HOF compared to lower difficulties. And I would like to take full advantage on what 2k's hardwork brought to us with their improved AI, (especially on defense).
  • I know many would complain that it will be very hard to score inside. Tendencies are to miss semi-contested close shots/ lay-ups, but in real game, only those with enough skills to dribble, hang in the air, and finish strong, etc. are the only ones attacking the basket, therefore if you try my sliders with a sub-par player and score inside, 50-50 chance that you will miss.
  • My sliders are based on the median/average scores in the NBA.
  • To even out the playing field for Post-players, I have increased the Strength slider so they can power themselves inside, but of course, it will not be easy to score inside.
  • I don’t jack up the fouls too much, because I recognized that in this manner, I can always beat my defenders using star players and get fouled inside. I like the way that sometimes there are no calls on contacts, just like in the real game.
  • One big consideration is to try avoid cheesing in the game by both CPU and USER, sliders are set to not allow these from happening. Nonetheless, I gave special rating for Strength to give advantage to good post-players, and lowered down ball-handling to give advantage, to those who can really driblle and penetrate inside.
  • The only true realistic simulation game is by playing the full 12mins and getting within the NBA statistical averages. Playing lower mins, lets say 8-11, to get realistic averages, just means sliders are not for realistic simulation.

Last edited by tjnigs; 10-16-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
Rookie

tjnigs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
Like these sets bud!

Thanks man, if you decided to play with it, if it is not too much can I ask for your statistics of the game and post it here? This can greatly help for the slider revisions, and also for others to have an idea. Thanks mate!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Hey adriany! Good to see you posting again.. Will give stats/
Old 10-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
Rookie

bellaballa's Arena

hey tjnigs. im wanting to see if realism is possible on HOF. i would like to work with ya as far as testing and tweaking. i do my tests normally letting the CPU play against itself (both teams are the same). on HOF ive noticed that the home court advantage is really alot. please let me know if u would need something specific. otherwise, ill get started.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »