Home

Armor & Swords Post Patch Pro 12Min Real FG/FT% Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Post Patch Pro 12Min Real FG/FT% Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #153
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Armor & Swords Post Patch Pro 12Min Real FG/FT% Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
MK, I've been experiencing the same thing lately in regards to CPU FG%. It's funny b/c when you look at the box scores, you'll see that the CPU plays me pretty even for 3 quarters, but there's always one quarter in there where I'll outscore then by 10-20 points and pull away.

I was thinking perhaps bumping the difficulty up to All-Star might help out the CPU, but I'm not sure. Like you suggested, perhaps bumping up the CPU shot sliders a couple of clicks will help things.
If A & S doesn't mind, I'll share a few tweaks here... I have stuff going on most all day after church but I'll be able to share them later tonight. Simple things, mind you, but have really made this game come to life (for my skill set, which I think resembles others here as well).

Again, GREAT base of sliders...

(Dan... with the tweaks I made I actually lost a game by 14. But it was a matchup that I should lose...never felt cheated, though. I personally believe a great set of sliders are built from the idea that I can lose using them and go from there. I don't want to win every game, I just want every game I play to feel like it was simulation basketball. With this base and a few subtle tweaks, I know for a fact I've found them. My own set left me very frustrated... I was plugging one hole only to create two more in the process. Not with these...quality stuff!).
Old 02-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 3

These sliders + All Star dont mix lol tune down ur defensive awareness instead. That does affect the FG if u contesting every shot. Lower it so the CPU virtually has a handicap.

Dwayne Wade is the G.O.AT.!!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #155
Pro

mjbird123's Arena

OVR: 32

I just got up im tired and im busy but i will play in a little while I'll post later this mourning or this afternoon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #156
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Yesterday was one REALLY frustrating day for me. After a 5 win streak (mind you, largest I had so far in my Association) with the Pistons after fighting hard for every win, using MK's sliders with a few edits for shot stick timing FGs, the patch comes for the PC, and ruins everything I knew about my players' timings. So I thought I'd go Real Player %, and try some post-patch sliders. And man would I regret it.

Using these sliders and RP%, I got my *** kicked heavily. Losing by 10-30 points in the last 5 games of the Association, against similarly powerful teams. I'm on All-Star difficulty, mind you, but even switching to Pro didn't seem to make a difference. I was frustrated and about to give up on the game. Nothing seemed to work.

Are the Pistons supposed to suck that much even in the game? It was frustrating. I was running plays, shooting wide-open shots, nothing was going down for me. While the CPU was giving me 20-25 fouls per game, constantly attacking my players who seemed to have forgotten how to defend. Contesting a Jump Shot? Foul. Trying to defend a lay-up? Foul. In one game I ended up having 26 fouls on 4th quarter, while before the patch I was the best in the league in Fouls per game, with something along the lines of 14. Field Goals % were anything between 30 and 40 for me while the opponents were constantly over 50. I wouldn't call myself inexperienced, I have used MK's sliders for a whole season before the patch, playing 12 minutes per quarter on All-Star difficulty.

But then again, I thought I shouldn't give up, as those were the last 5 games of my first season, and I wanted to see what the new season would bring. But I was determined to go back to what I enjoyed, Shot Stick Timing. I used Live Practice to get the timings down for my previous and new players, and come first pre-season game, after a close 1st half against the Cavs which found me down by 4, I went ahead and won by 12, a game closer to what I was used to.

But then, the only thing that changed is that I went back to Shot Stick, and edited the shooting sliders to 47, 47, 48 and 50.

Haven't managed to play another game yet to see if my game experience is fixed or if that was just one game, but I wanted to ask others for their experiences in switching to these sliders and if they encountered something similar, especially you MK.

I really want to like them, I'm seeing all these comments of praise here and I really want to enjoy them. But the transition from original to patched game for me has been really frustrating, and I don't want to stop playing altogether.

Last edited by Leftos; 02-13-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Changed paragraph order for the post to make more sense.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #157
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just played a mediocre game as the Celtics and lost to the Heat lol. It was awful. Ray and Paul -- hell, the whole team -- got in early foul trouble in the FIRST quarter!! We had 9 team fouls in the first quarter, thanks to LeBron and D-Wade driving to the hole. That was the first time the CPU ever drove to the basket that aggresive (thanks to these sliders variety).
The Heat were just one step ahead of us the whole game. Flippin Queen James dropped 44 points on me lol he shot 12/13 from the line and 16/30 from the field and pitched in 6 assists and 7 boards. One thing we did manage to do was lock up Wade and Bosh. They both had 16.
It wasnt an unfair lost tho. We deserved it. We played awful. Couldnt anybody stop LeBron while Ray and Paul were in foul trouble the whole game. We did manage to bring the margain to 4 in the last 12 seconds thx to a clutch steal and lay up by rondo followed by a 3 by Ray. But we fouled and they cashed in at the line twice on seperate attempts.
The final score was 113-107.

Dwayne Wade is the G.O.AT.!!
Old 02-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #158
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
If A & S doesn't mind, I'll share a few tweaks here... I have stuff going on most all day after church but I'll be able to share them later tonight. Simple things, mind you, but have really made this game come to life (for my skill set, which I think resembles others here as well).

(Dan... with the tweaks I made I actually lost a game by 14. But it was a matchup that I should lose...never felt cheated, though. I personally believe a great set of sliders are built from the idea that I can lose using them and go from there. I don't want to win every game, I just want every game I play to feel like it was simulation basketball. With this base and a few subtle tweaks, I know for a fact I've found them. My own set left me very frustrated... I was plugging one hole only to create two more in the process. Not with these...quality stuff!).
Mike, that would be helpful. As you said, this is an awesome base A&S came up with.

Your NBA 2K sliders sound like my NHL 11 slider project.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Old 02-13-2011, 09:23 PM   #159
Pro

mjbird123's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm half way through my Wiz. game, I was winning by 20 at the half.Now I'm up by 11 72-61. Blatche has 24 points 7r Wall hAS 17p 10a 7r I out scored them 39-24 by 15 in the 2nd quarter. i will post my final stats tomorrow afternoon
Old 02-13-2011, 11:11 PM   #160
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33

I don't mind at all. I have made changes from suggestions that I felt worked well. As I always have said it's a base set, we all have similar skill sets but some have different things they want to see and feel in the game.

Go for it!

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »