Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-31-2010, 02:34 PM   #817
Rookie

Wil2DaSon's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

I'm using a roster from late November that somebody posted with all of SB's shoe edits, Nogster Tendencies, and DC dunk edits in my association. I'm messing with Geebo's right now putting in accessories and gonna add some of the top D-League guys to the FA pool then gonna start a new association with them.
ďIíve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.ĒĖ Michael Jordan
Old 12-31-2010, 04:06 PM   #818
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil2DaSon
I'm using a roster from late November that somebody posted with all of SB's shoe edits, Nogster Tendencies, and DC dunk edits in my association. I'm messing with Geebo's right now putting in accessories and gonna add some of the top D-League guys to the FA pool then gonna start a new association with them.

O.K. Thanks, Wil.

It's probably not the roster or the coach profiles.

Not that that simplifies the issue, but it eliminates solutions.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:50 PM   #819
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfAk47
Greenie,

One thought on a possible "workaround". Create a spreadsheet with the # draft pick in column A and a bunch of potential edits in column B (i.e., -15 to +15 or something - you can probably figure out a better group of numbers than I can) and then =rand() in column C. Then sort by column C and edit potentials for each of the draft picks based on the "roll of the dice". A little time consuming, but that hasn't stopped you before This would all be done after the draft so as not to impact the CPU's picks (or your own for that matter).

Anyway, just a thought...
It's not a bad idea at all (and now I understand the Rand function, lol). But, since Manu Ginobli's happen once every 3 years max, the mathematics would have to be some upper level ****. Considering that the highest level of math (including Science, excluding that horrible deception that is Logic) I've had is Algebra II, it would be a challenge.

And, although, I welcome a challenge-- since I really only find Phil and Math challenging, probably because I'm deeply interested in the one that is necessarily esoteric and deeply undertrained in the other-- I need to be able to justify it to myself somehow. I don't mind diving into the mathematics sandbox for the hell of it, but one of the things I'm slowly learning about 2k (and pretty much all video games, on the user end, at least) is that it is useless to do so, except for the doing so to do so.

Every brain storm-- that I would be able to figure out what formula 2k used to calculate shot tendency for individual players by taking LBJ and his 99/his 20 FGA from last year, amongst other players-- turns out to be a dead end.

It was fun (strangely), but it's pretty much over.

I'm not saying that 2k doesn't know what they are doing, I think they do the best job of laying as many tools on top of a game as anyone, but there is almost no coherence. And, when you look at stats (except the easy to manipulate end result stats), it seems like they haven't.

Plus, the give no indication of what the hell a 99 is-- to me it just seems like, I want this to happen a lot formula.

That said, there really is no comparison to 2k short of OOTP baseball. I don't even feel the need to explain why. I just wish they would design sliders and tendencies to be more cohesive and integrated. Right now, it feels like it's just a bunch of ineffective and confused math problems that argue with one another.

Or maybe it's just my failure.

Not that you asked. Lol.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:11 PM   #820
Banned

OVR: 17

why is it that i am dominating everyone with the wizards? I wonder if i need to turn the difficulty level up, and will these sliders work with the level above pro?

Last edited by ddaugherty; 12-31-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #821
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

onl played a few play now games with the wizards, but i must say i really like these so far. after some more games i can give better insight. also javale mcgee is pulling his share of offensive rebounds. i know there was a problem in that category but so far i have no real complaints
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #822
Rookie

OVR: 1

hey Greenie,

I've made lot of game with the 2.3 version of the set and I have adapt them for playing with SST , it was just perfect !

I've Taken the offense sliders of the Pre patch version,

Inside Shot Success: 46
Close Shot Success: 47
Mid-Range Success: 47
3PT Success: 50

(% at final beetween 42/52 for shoot)

And put all the other from the post patch (except the injuries, it was too high for me but it's personal things) , with QT of 11 minutes.

The Final Score are now realistic beetween 85 and 110 and I loose some game, anyway it's cool.

I read the last set, and I'd like to know if the clutch factor at 11 and the off. awarness at 88 can change the score ? I'm affraid to change now cause when I apply some new set version the score can be too high (120 / 122 when I play the game myself).

(happy new year to all)
Old 01-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #823
MVP

OVR: 7

Blew out the Raps 126-110. I outscored them by 15 in the 2nd after a tied 1st. Wall and Blacthe were a 2 man show, scoring like 31 out of 35 that quarter. They tried to come back in the 3rd and early to mid 4th and cut it down to 5 or 6 a few times, but i finished off strong and won.

Raps/Wiz
Field Goals: 43-97(44%)/46-85(54%)
3's: 7-13(53%)/4-16(25%)
free throws: 17-28(60%)/30-37(81%)
assists: 24/21
turnovers: 17/19
rebounds: 42(10 off.)/51(7 off.)
steals: 10/15
blocks: 3/6
PIP: 38/70
bench: 42/23
2nd chance: 8/2
fast break: 14/6

Key Playerstold ya it was a 2 man show)
Wall 41 points 6 broads 11 assists 2 steals 1 block
Blacthe 38 points 14 broads 3 steals 3 blocks

Bargnani 21 points 2 blocks
Calderon 21 points 6 broads 11 assists 2 steals
Barbosa 20 points 2 steals
Old 01-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #824
Rookie

OVR: 3

great set but there are no dunks on alleyoops and few dunks in general, also off boards are still an issue, btw best sliders on the market.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »