Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

great sliders.. i had 27 turnovers though.. a few were the inbound passes that i was able to get better at.. a couple were just terrible passes.. looking fwd to playing another game.. lost by 7.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 11:14 PM   #82
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Unhappy Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

whelp greenie, you told me to be brutally honest, so here goes nothin....

i honestly did not have fun with these sliders from a realistic standpoint. i didnt change any of your sliders, thunder(me) vs bulls, and the score after 1 QUARTER was 46-35!!! i shot 16-30, and the cpu shot 10-23. derrick rose was 3-3 from 3 point land, and luol deng was 2-2! my 3 point percentage was ok, 3-8.

the bulls shot 16 free throws, and i shot 11. there was a total of 19 team fouls, including 11 commited by me, also getting westbrook, maynor, harden, and ibaka in foul trouble!

heres the good stuff. rebounds were fine, 13 to 11, 4 offensive boards by each side. assists were 9 to 7, but thats not bad. steals were 4 to 2, which is ok cause i try to steal alot of the time anyways. blocks were 2 and 2, perfect there. i had 22 points in the paint, which i believe is way too much.

turnovers are good as well, 3 for me and 5 for the cpu.

overall, i was a little surprised that this happened. i had that feeling in the back of my mind that the high shooting sliders were gonna make something like this happen. my main quiffs are about shooting, number of shots, fouls, and these ridiculous scores.

btw, the final was 138-127, rose had 48 points and 11 3 pointers, deng had 27 and 7 3 pointers. good thing my man kd had 58 points and 9 3 pointers

I exited out of the game before i could get the final stats, but you get the picture

Last edited by xxDHAINESxx; 12-08-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Thanks again, Ewing. Are you enjoying the set?

When I get home tonight I'm going to mess around with the set and figure out the best way to approach the steal/turnover issue. I think coming at it from the steal angle at first is best. Because they are clearly too high. Where it gets slightly complicated is that blocks are occasionally counted as steals.

I'm quite happy that these sliders are producing so many losses and close games. Especially since Clutch is off.

BTW: I got destroyed in both my games since the set. Lol.
Yes I am, very much so
Old 12-08-2010, 11:45 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirandFlash
Haha, I see Pass Acc is still somewhat of a problem? If it is truly irritating, another tip I have stumbled upon while playing is to inbound the ball to the receiver while you are moving him (i.e. from left-to-right running in front of the inbounder). A stationary pass receiver does seem to initiate these weird inbound passes, particularly when a defender is nearby. I have seen my inbounds turnovers fall pretty significantly by doing this. I primarily play with the Heat (I know, but I have been a DWade fan since I saw one of his Marquette games), and I have also seen Lebron do that bobble animation out of bounds as I was passing him the ball after a score. That seems like a more realistic turnover to me (and rare, as I have only seen it in that situation that one time).

Hope this helps some people out. Good job to greenieblue, Cesco, and everyone else, as always.
Work is getting in the way and I can't get back to playing until the weekend (it's killing me!) but not going to stop me from getting a clarification on this issue The above makes sense; however, it seems counterintuitive given that during offensive plays it seemed that if my players were moving and had not completed their cut (for example when they make a flex cut from a wing to the opposite block) and I passed, this lead to more turnovers than if I waited until they were set, even if they were open. So in one instance I should be moving while receiving the pass (inbounds plays) and in the other I need to wait for players to finish their cuts? Anyone else have any thoughts or have you noticed something similar to this? Thanks!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingasia
great sliders.. i had 27 turnovers though.. a few were the inbound passes that i was able to get better at.. a couple were just terrible passes.. looking fwd to playing another game.. lost by 7.

Thanks, man. Please post the full stats if you have the chance after your next game.

That's about what I'm doing as well. The one I find particularly frustrating is the play where my SG is stationary on the wing and my SF is getting into post up position. Nearly every time I kick the ball to my SG, it is behind him and into the crowd. This is clearly because of the proximity of his defender to him, but annoying nonetheless.

I think 44 Pass Acc might be necessary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 12:00 AM   #86
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC
Just tried these out they are really good at least for one game.....I am going to play some more tomorrow.

Celtics (me) 99
Nuggets 98

Celtics
fg 37-75
49%
3 pt 7-15
46 %
FT 18-28
64 %
Assists 23
Turnovers 16
Fouls 14
Reb 44 (5 off)
Steals 10
Blocks 3
Points in Paint 38

Nuggets
FG 38-84
45%
3 Pt 7-25
28%
FT 15-17
88%
Assists 21
Turnovers 11
Fouls 19
Rebounds 41 (3 off)
Steals 13
Blocks 0
Points in Paint 34

Celtics
P.Pierce 25-7-1
R. Allen 21-7-0 4-8 on 3 pt
K. Garnett 17-6-1
R. Rondo 10-4-15

Nuggets
C. Anthony 23-5-3
A. Afflalo 20-5-0 3-3 on 3 pt
C. Billups 18-7-11 1-9 on 3 pt
J. Smith 13-3-2 1-8 on 3 pt

They look quite good, except the usual.

I will put these into the magic spreadsheet tomorrow. Thank you, man.

I hope you continue to enjoy them.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:08 AM   #87
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx
whelp greenie, you told me to be brutally honest, so here goes nothin....

i honestly did not have fun with these sliders from a realistic standpoint. i didnt change any of your sliders, thunder(me) vs bulls, and the score after 1 QUARTER was 46-35!!! i shot 16-30, and the cpu shot 10-23. derrick rose was 3-3 from 3 point land, and luol deng was 2-2! my 3 point percentage was ok, 3-8.

the bulls shot 16 free throws, and i shot 11. there was a total of 19 team fouls, including 11 commited by me, also getting westbrook, maynor, harden, and ibaka in foul trouble!

heres the good stuff. rebounds were fine, 13 to 11, 4 offensive boards by each side. assists were 9 to 7, but thats not bad. steals were 4 to 2, which is ok cause i try to steal alot of the time anyways. blocks were 2 and 2, perfect there. i had 22 points in the paint, which i believe is way too much.

turnovers are good as well, 3 for me and 5 for the cpu.

overall, i was a little surprised that this happened. i had that feeling in the back of my mind that the high shooting sliders were gonna make something like this happen. my main quiffs are about shooting, number of shots, fouls, and these ridiculous scores.

btw, the final was 138-127, rose had 48 points and 11 3 pointers, deng had 27 and 7 3 pointers. good thing my man kd had 58 points and 9 3 pointers

I exited out of the game before i could get the final stats, but you get the picture
I wish I could have those stats! Lol. It would have been nice to throw them in the sheet.

I don't mind this, at all. I'm sure you know that there have been at least 10 games already this season with teams scoring 250ish points. I am quite glad that these sliders leave open that possibility. If you run and jack threes, you will score a lot of points. But that is a good thing. And, it is completely up to you. The only question left is if it's possible to see a 60-70 point game on both sides.

It could be that 54 is too high for 3pt success rate, but so far the #'s are indicating that it is about right. The more stats I have, the more I will know.

Thanks for posting the info, man. Sorry they aren't working out for you.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:22 AM   #88
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfAk47
Work is getting in the way and I can't get back to playing until the weekend (it's killing me!) but not going to stop me from getting a clarification on this issue The above makes sense; however, it seems counterintuitive given that during offensive plays it seemed that if my players were moving and had not completed their cut (for example when they make a flex cut from a wing to the opposite block) and I passed, this lead to more turnovers than if I waited until they were set, even if they were open. So in one instance I should be moving while receiving the pass (inbounds plays) and in the other I need to wait for players to finish their cuts? Anyone else have any thoughts or have you noticed something similar to this? Thanks!

By the way-- and you probably know this prof, from following on the other thread-- low pass acc is a concession/compromise on my part because of the utter lack of non-steal turnovers in the game. I would prefer that the sailing passes made much more contextual sense. They often do @ 45-49, but they are also nearly eliminated the closer you get to 50. Additionally, it seems to me that players with a higher pass rating tend to sail more, and not just because they are PG's and handle the ball more. It appears that a high pass rating forces the player to attempt a pinpoint pass (i.e. throw on the backside of a receiver, etc.) and, thus, he throws more away. Talk about counterintuitive!

However, I do not want to eliminate these errant passes. Because, yes the PG will carry the bulk-- a notion I have hated all along, but not completely unrealistic (In the NBA this season, Nash has already had 9 once, 7 twice, 6 once, 5 twice; Rondo has already had 8 once, 7 once, 6 once, 5 three times) --, but you will also see passes go off the hands of 4's and 5's (Amare, second in the league in TO's per game, has already had 9 once, 8 once, 7 once, 6 four times). Inbound passes will be sailed by the 3. And everyone, across the board, will usually throw one away. 1ish (that being 0-5) TO's a game per player is ideal and completely unachievable otherwise. And, frankly, it effects the game results as it should. It sure is ugly and annoying, but I tried everything else. There are basically no true TO's in the game.

I am moving my game to 44, to see what this produces.

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-09-2010 at 12:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »